• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

PUSS X: THE SUMMER OF SLAUGHTER - [Out Now! (check release thread)]

Map name: Meltdown Madness

Build time: probably 10 hours

Music used: Sonic CD - Wacky Workbench Bad Future JP

Comments: Yeah this took some time to make. (Hopefully) will be back with another one. Also, the

Spoiler

nuclear missile setpiece

is cool imo.

slaughter.rar

Map Name: The Ultra Sector
Author: Mike_C
Music: "Machine" by Immorpher
Sky: custom (cannot remember where I got it from)
Format: GZDoom
Difficulty Settings: Implemented and tested
Build Time: about 12 hours
Monster Count: 88/99/110
Par Time: 4 minutes
Jumping Crouching: not needed/doesn't break the map as far as I can tell

Spoiler

528837803_ScreenShot2021-08-18at22_07_01.png.fd1eac1bdd974aa1fa5867ffbb543e7e.png722179227_ScreenShot2021-08-18at22_07_20.png.4458c833dd8064043c6367c182fe478b.png

Slaughter_MC.zip

Map Name: Lightning over the Beyond
Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz
Music: 'The Doom World is Flat', by decino. From the TNT MIDI PACK
Sky: OSKY28 from OTEX
Format: Boom
Difficulty Settings: Yes, implemented
Build Time: about 12 hours, with some additional balancing and bugfixing
Monster Count: 595
Jumping/Crouching/Mouselook: not allowed

Comments: Tried my hand again at preventing 'circle strafe to win' in a slaughter map. I think I succeeded this time, though this is not the purest of slaughter maps. If you think the arena with the raising and lowering rocks is too difficult: try a different tactic like

Spoiler

running straight through the middle every now and then. That's where all the health is.

It was a nice experience making this. First time having used many Boom features such as 'transfer sky'.
Known issues: There are still a few HOMs and a few strange slime trails that have to be fixed.

Download link

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210811_225549.png

doom55.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210811_225505.png

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz : different download link

Map Name: Cosmo-Carousel
Author: Worriedidiot
Music: Midi version of Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger SNES
Sky: OTEX "OSKY33; OSKY38"
Format: GZDoom (UDMF)
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: ~10 hours
Monster Count: 333/555/777
Par Time: 15
Jumping Crouching: No
Comments:
A very strange yellow and blue themed map with a lot of moving and blinking stuff.
It's probably one of the strangest and most unenjoyable maps I've ever made. Enjoy!
(It's possibly not even good enough to be in here, but oh well)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210821_185733.png.47eeb54e0e0644199b6678c9df5ca854.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210821_185759.png.07bd1104ed207ee4412f29864f8503b6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210821_185819.png.eed1c63bf846f23ddffbf47f91740a6e.png

Cosmo-car.rar

Map Name: From the Canyons to the Stars
Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz
Music: "In Search of an Answer" from the Arrival soundtrack, by @AD_79
Sky: OSKY01 from OTEX
Format: UDMF
Difficulty Settings: Not implemented yet
Build Time: 4 hours
Monster Count: 249
Par Time: 1 minute
Jumping/Crouching: optional but not needed. Mouselook is optional and recommended.
Known issues: the ACS is not perfect but in the end it gets the job done. I might still change some of the textures.
Comments:
One of three 'intermezzo' maps I'm planning for this event. Short and with a clear, singular gimmick. They are meant to be a 'breather' in between longer slaughter maps.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210825_151459.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210825_151629.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210825_151704.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210825_151804.png

Download link

Here's a prerelease for the Summer of Slaugher PK3

There are 12 Maps compiled in this pre release, but there are about 10 more waiting to be put in (by me). Also, I'm a bit tenuous with the deadline at the moment. For now, act as if the submissions were closing on the 31st.

Map Name: Crimson Affinity

Author: El Inferno

Music: taken from Abandon map 1

Sky: OSKY17, OSKY25

Difficulty Settings: UV and HMP

Build Time: 11 hours 15 minutes

Monster Count: 83

Par Time: 10 minutes

Jumping/Crouching: nop

Comments: The map features a secret exit so it may fit the map15 or map31 slots. This is an alternative interpretation of the term "microslaughter" (aka cramped bs)

craf.zip (update v3)

B1MFWSG.png

Edited by El Inferno : forgot some skytransfers

Map Name: death.digital
Author: Worriedidiot
Music: Accelerator by AD_79
Sky: Mek's Box o' Skies "VP1SKY01"
Format: GZDoom (UDMF)
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: ~8 hours
Monsters: 300/397/508
Par Time: 25 Minutes
Comments:

[!WARNING!] DUMB GIMMICK AHEAD
You've got infinite ammo, but only for a couple of minutes so spend your time (and ammo) wisely.
Take the optimal route if you don't want to punch a cyberdemon to death in close quarters.
100% is possible, but very tedious.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_144508.png.b4a48dfe2b95502ded57c62bb4c10c9e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210830_144431.png.cc649dab337b61702fc379c91c53af71.png

digital death.rar

Map Name: The Library of Babel
Author: Muumi
Music: The Collector by Jimmy
Sky: lots of black
Difficulty Settings: no
Build Time: 12 hours
Monsters: 3240
Par Time: 20 Minutes
Comments: Features huge slaughter fights, precise platforming and precise platforming under pressure. Somewhere in this library must be book that explains why.

the_library_of_babel.zip

Spoiler

doom56.png.2020159d8667cf5beb4ea2645c8ad04b.pngdoom57.png.ed2224469740267485bdd914bcaf51a5.png

Map Name: No Living Land

Author: Man With a Gun

Music: Sombre Visions by Eris Falling

Sky: RSKY3 from cc4.tex

Format: Prboom plus (complevel 9)

Difficulty Settings: UV only

Build Time: 12 hours

Monsters: Around 1000 monsters

Par Time: 40-45 mins

Comments:

The smell of rotten flesh hurts your nose,

The bright red sky hurts your eyes,

There's nothing good in this place except you...

This is No Living Land, and you're not welcome here.

Warning! This map tested only once! This version might contain some bugs and unbalancing stuff in it, so please feel free to say about this while testing it.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/spes6yv3c9hlfjp/NLL.zip?dl=0

Screenshots:

42Sffmm.png

2F8T4iY.png

Edited by MAN_WITH_GUN

I will be closing public submissions to summer of slaughter at 11:59 PM on September the 10th.

There are a few maps (including mine) that will be between this closing and release; these maps have been in development for some time and are from some PUSS regulars. If you have a map that is over 6 hours in, DM me so I can potentially accept it. 

Either way, I need to close submissions so that we can wrap this bad boy up ,o7

A pre beta build should hopefully be out sometime next week.

24_sin_titulo_20210621181433_1.png

Not quite Summer anymore is it? It's getting rainier and colder outside. Thankfully, we can stay indoors an be nostalgic about the summer months with THE SUMMER OF SLAUGHTER - a (soon to be) 30+ Map extravaganza with... well... lot's a killin' in it. This wad ain't for folks with carpal tunnel.

Important note: This is a BETA release. The final release will be very very different from the version seen here. It'll also get it's own release thread. Yippee!!

WAD File: The Summer of Slaugther - BETA V1

Port: UDMF Compatible

- Tested in GZDoom

IWAD: DOOM2 - Map01-26

Resources: OTEX - Some things from Aaliens - 12days.wad - More to come

Comments: MegaWAD created as the tenth edition of the PUSS series. Maps are ordered in chronology of submission. Rules/gimmicks mappers followed are in the original post (SEE BELOW).

Please read the README file for more information as to what work is going to be put into this wad over the next few months. We need all the help we can get when it comes to testing! These maps are hard. One could say they're rather... slaughter like

MAPLIST:

Map01 - "Funeralopolis"    - @myolden
Map02 - "Thou art in Heaven" - @DynamiteKaitorn                 
Map03 - "Cenotaph" - @myolden
Map04 - "Summer of Resistance" - @muumi                     
Map05 - "The More You Know" - @notTyrone   
Map06 - "Premonition of Hostility" - @Lorenz0 
Map07 - "Joy of the Blood of the Stars" - @Peccatum Mihzamiz    
Map08 -    "Godhood Cathedral" - @El Inferno
Map09 - "Caco Machine" - @muumi         
Map10 - "Morumotto" - @Danlex      
Map11 - "The End Is Purple" - @notTyrone
Map12 -    "Take a Plunge" - @Theperson
Map13 - "Script of decay" - @Astro X                               
Map14 - "Chaos Lab II" - @Pierrot                             
Map15 - "Meltdown Madness" - @LateNightPerson                      
Map16 - "Colors of NRG" - @Awall                              
Map17 - "The Ultra Sector" - @Mike_C                               
Map18 - "Lightning over the Beyond" - @Peccatum Mihzamiz            
Map19 - "Cosmo-Carousel" - @Worriedidiot                           
Map20 - "From the Canyons to the Stars" - @Peccatum Mihzamiz          
Map21 - "Monodie" - @Peccatum Mihzamiz               
Map22 - "Divine Escalation" - Chookum                   
Map23 - "Crimson Affinity" - @El Inferno                  
Map24 - "death.digital" - @Worriedidiot                   
Map25 - "Library of Babel" - @muumi         
Map26 - "No Living Land" - @MAN_WITH_GUN

Casual playthrough in UV starting with map01. I'll probably be posting the uploads of the next few maps in groups so as to not spam the thread:

@Blip Awesome stuff! Looking forward to it!

To you and anyone else playing though this WAD; I’m planning on ordering these levels by difficulty. So once a full playthough is complete, I’d like y’all to submit to me a map list in order of difficulty. The final release will be a composite of everyone’s opinions and my own experiences with the maps. 

Howdy folks! Here's BETA 1.2! It fixes the Christmas tree bug and adds a new map! Whoopee!

Full Change Log - 1.2

Spoiler

BETA 1.2
    Fixed Christmas Trees
    Added Map27 - "Slaughter Incorpserated" - @Steve88
    Updated Maps: 

Map05 to V3 - Map08 to V5

Ok as promised here are some my playthroughs of the maps. I'll be uploading them in groups of 5. NOTE: map 2 and 3 were using the wrong tree texture, the weird Christmas trees are not there in the latest version.

Map02:

Map03:

Map04:

Map05:

Map06:

Map07:

Map08 (Bring some popcorn to watch this movie, it's a big boy and extremely hard):

Map09:

Map10:

Map11:

I think map24 is broken in the PUSS pk3 and the gimmick isn't working at all, making the map totally unplayable, though it would've been nice for the mapmaker to put a sign somewhere in the map that explaining the gimmick instead of making me look at the forums to know how the map is supposed to be played. I played the map in the standalone wad submitted by the author just to be sure and it all seemed to be working fine in there.

I played it using gzdoom 4.7.0 with default compatibility settings.

6 minutes ago, Blip said:

I think map24 is broken in the PUSS pk3 and the gimmick isn't working at all, making the map totally unplayable, though it would've been nice for the mapmaker to put a sign somewhere in the map that explaining the gimmick instead of making me look at the forums to know how the map is supposed to be played. I played the map in the standalone wad submitted by the author just to be sure and it all seemed to be working fine in there.

They sent a fix to me a few weeks ago though unfortunately I haven't had the time as of late to go in and fix it. Thankfully, since Fall Break is about to land for me, I'll see about getting Beta 1.3 out this weekend. Fingers crossed for a new map.

1 hour ago, Blip said:

I'm so sorry. I really messed up that version. I basically fixed a few bugs and somehow completely broke the map while doing that.

I know the gimmick is confusing. I had no idea how I could tell the player about it. I'm not even a little bit proud of that map...

Just Checked the beta out really quick, looks like my map is using a early version without the difficulty tweaks I put in.

I know its a beta but reminding in case the early version gets in the final wad.

Nice mapset so far, the death exit for map03 didn't trigger for me the first time I tried it though, I just sat there dead.

Update: Finished my playthrough and I just now realized I don't have the latest version, so some of my comments may be outdated.

In map07, the floor trap in the beginning doesn't work all the time, I stepped back to safety since I heard barons down there. I thought some sort of platform was gonna raise up with barons on it so waited a while until finally they died somehow and I dropped down. This meant the giant wave of imps was already spawned and I was completely surrounded and had no chance.

In map12, the little switches to raise you up onto those sand mountains aren't repeatable and I had to noclip to get up on one of them.

In the beginning of map18, where the imps swarm you in that hallway, the floor keeping me in the fight was invisible so I just got randomly blocked by an invisible line.

In map24 I think something just didn't work for me. The map just stopped giving me ammo halfway through for some reason and I had to just run through a giant horde of 300+ revenants and get around 2 giant archvile hordes with pretty much nothing. The BFG and megasphere also didn't lower all the way.

Finally, aside from map26 being almost unplayable for me, even with a high end gaming laptop, I think the progression to get to the final fight is incredibly obtuse, there's no way for the player to know that the light texture is a lift.

Also I'd like to see someone play map08 because I just can't believe the final fight can ever be consistent with the insane amount of archviles there are.

Yet another edit: The reason I had the wrong version is because the link in the OP isn't updated with the latest version

Edited by Arbys550

@Arbys550

Don't know if this version has the map in it yet, but there is a map27, it was a late submission on my part. Would be interested in your thoughts on it if you are interestedand have time. If it's not I can post up a link. I only posted in the discord... I was to lazy to add it here lol maybe @BluePineapple72 can post the updated version 😅

Edited by Steve88

@Steve88 I downloaded the latest version and I played part of it but rage quit on the part with all the viles in the tight square space because I just had no idea what was going on with the crushers. I pretty much just instantly died every time the crushers started and in one attempt a giant revenant swarm came out but in later attempts it never happened. I was just confused about the whole thing. I liked the beginning with the imps and the rest of the map was pretty good too.