Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

PUSS X: THE SUMMER OF SLAUGHTER - [Out Now! (check release thread)]

@Arbys550 haha well I am happy to hear you tried it, that part with crushers and archviles is an unnecessary path, it just allows you to get the bfg early, probably still needs some work. Thanks for the feedback

BETA v1.3

Contains a major fix for MAP24

Apologies for the long wait for this fix. BETA 2 will be a major update, including a new secret level and further level updates.

The plan is for BETA 3 to have a new map order as well as three secret exits. Suggestions for map orders are needed.

Version 5 of 'Lightning Over the Beyond'.
-I finally fixed that damn door texture with help of Myolden !
-added a secret invincibility just before the last battle
-made it so that all the cacos and pain elementals háve to be woken up in the green sky/metal arena.
-fiddled with some doors etc.
-changed some ammo balance and monster balance, mostly at the large pentagram arena.
-fixed numerous tiny and bigger sky, lighting and texture issues

Known bugs/issues left:
-Some tiny sky issues to do with the lighting. Not much I can do about it I think.
-Some strange nodebuilder (I think) issues in the pentagram arena, that don't break the map and the player might not even notice. I don't know how to fix these. The only truly horrible one as far as I know is a HOM on the Southern side of the South Eastern pillar, that sometimes doesn't show up.

File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8m6zxh6tczqrvpy/PeccatumMihzamiz_PUSS_SoS_LotB_v05.wad/file

Summer of Slaughter - Beta 2.2

Beta 2 is a rather sizeable update to the Summer of Slaughter wad. It contains the following updates:

BETA 2.2 - 11/13/2020
    Updated Maps:
        - Titlemap

- 01 v3
        - 02 v2

- 03 v3
        - 04 v3
        - 07 v2
        - 08 v6
        - 10 v2
        - 18 v5
        - 14 v2
        - 20 v2
        - 23 v2
        - 25 v2
    Added Map 28 "The Chaosphere" - BluePineapple72
    Added Map 34 "The Basement" - Pierrot
        - This level is currently inaccessible without using idclev34
         - The resources for this level have been trimmed down.

Added new menu graphics.

It also contains a boom compatible version of the wad compiled by Danlex. It has some neat beachy hub goodness in place of the UDMF maps. Give er a spin if your computer can't handle high monsters on GZDoom as well as PRboom!

Huge thanks to @Danlex for the massive help in the process of wrapping up SOS. There is still quite a ways to go but the tide is rising baby!

Some information on the new map:

Map Name: The Chaosphere

Author: BluePineapple72

Music: "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" - Meshuggah

Sky: N/A

Format: Boom

Difficulty Settings: I don't think so

Build Time: 12 Hours. Bout 30 minutes of testing/bugfixing

Monster Count: 667 (I swear this was an accident)

Par Time: Uh

Jumping Crouching: No Comments: Disciples. Come join with me. To save a failed humanity.

I honestly feel I can make this one a tad bit more difficult. Let me know what you think please. I also need to adjust the pacing a tad

Screenshots:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

There are still two levels being worked on for the main mapset and three more for the secret set. I'm still testing the levels myself so I can get a gauge of how they will be ordered in the future.

Future updates will see a brand new intermission screen, CWILV patches (they look quite nice at the moment), a new map order, and a fancy credits beach. We've just got the home stretch for this bad boy! 

Until next time folks ,o7

Edited by BluePineapple72

Update to two maps and finally an upload of a map that was almost finished when the deadline passed, and was allowed to be submitted later.

Update: Joy of the Blood of the Stars version 4

Changed: quite a few tiny tweaks and fixes. Still didn't add difficulty to everything I think.

Update: Lightning Over the Beyond version 7

Changed: lots of fixes to progression, lots of rebalancing. Added difficulty levels.

Map Name: The Forgotten Offering
Author: Peccatum Mihzamiz
Music: One track by myself, and a temporary track by stewboy that will be changed later.
Sky: OSKY32 and OSKY06 from OTEX
Format: UDMF GZDoom
Difficulty Settings: Not yet implemented
Build Time: about 12 hours, with quite a few extra hours to fix everything
Monster Count: 1??????
Jumping/Crouching/Mouselook: not needed
Known Issues: sometimes the portals towards one of the Northern areas don't work. They seem to be fine right now.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210903_020609.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210903_235258.png

Link to the file, version 2

Edited by Peccatum Mihzamiz : updated to version 2 for The Forgotten Offering

BETA 2.3 - 12/23/2021
    Added MAP29
    - "The Forgotten Offering" - @Peccatum Mihzamiz
    Added temporary Intermission: I think I actually forgot to do this. Sue me :p
    Updated Maps:    
        - 04 v4
        - 07 v4
        - 16 v2.1
        - 18 v7

Genesis of slaughter resembles some maps from sunder wad.Darkness space and golden textures delight the soul.                                                                                                   

Summer of Slaughter Release Thread

The Summer of Slaughter has been released on a new thread. Go check that baby out instead!

Summer of Slaughter Beta 3.1

BETA 3.0 - 5/23/2022

Spoiler

Added MAP30 - "Broodgate" & MAP31 - "Slaywatch" by Death Bear

Updated Map28

Added secret exits to two secret levels.

MAP30 -

Map Name: Broodgate

Author: @Death Bear

Music: Blizzard by Jimmy

Sky: OSKY47 Format:

UDMF GZDoom

Build Time: 10 Hours Monster Count: ~1000

Jumping/Crouching/Mouselook: Jumping and Mouselook required, Crouching not required

Known Issues: I was able to 100% this in about 30 minutes, with saves.

Comments: Ice and Lava. A lot of jumping/ platforming. Holy shit, I finally got it "finished".

MAP31 - @Death Bear

Map Name: Slaywatch

Author: Death Bear

Music: Baywatch Theme

Sky: Some skies from OTEX

Format: UDMF GZDoom

Build Time: 12 Hours

Monster Count: 1200

Jumping/Crouching/Mouselook: Jumping required, Crouching not required, Mouselook is optional

Known Issues: I was able to 100% this in about 25 minutes, with saves. Nothing to report, as far as I can tell.

Comments: Finally "finished". Enjoy my first real foray into more scripting, some portals, and experiments in slaughterness. I had fun, anyway. I hope you like Caco Clouds.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Broodgate:

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220415_164953.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220415_165027.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220415_165053.

Slaywatch:

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110425.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110435.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110538.SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110556.

SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110556.SPOILER_Screenshot_Doom_20220416_110609.

Version 3.5 of the wad will contain substantial changes to the map order as well as any updates that I receive for any of these levels. Playtesting is still highly appreciated, especially for the levels in the 20s. Every non secret level has been finished sans the credits map; I'm waiting on two secret levels and need to finish one myself.

Peep the TODO list here:

Spoiler

SOS:
- Test maps. Update to most recent versions.
    - 4 maps left to test
- Reorder maps once testing is finished.
    Mark secret exits
- Clandestine Sandcastle Smashing
- 4 maps left. 3 secret, Credits map.
Intermission Screen
    - Map information before map begins (monster count, map name, j/c enabled, etc.)
    - I need help with the intermission screen stuff I want to do.
    - Rip off Mapwich    
- SECRET LEVELS
    - Cull resources for Myolden's map
    - Add secret exits (after map order)

- Use new font to finish menu shit. (CWILV)
CREDITMAP - Names in sand
    - Include Resource Credits: Aliens - Christmas - Halloween - etc.
    - Special Thanks: Danlex - Muumi - add more people

Here is the preemptive map order change I am planning. Will address once more feedback comes my way and once I finish each level:

Spoiler

Future Map Order: TBD

Episode 1: Knee Deep in the Sand
Map01 - "Funeralopolis"    - myolden        B
Map02 - "Script of decay" - Astro X        B
Map03 - "The More You Know" - NotTyrone        U
Map04 - "Meltdown Madness" - LateNightPerson    B            
Map05 - "Premonition of Hostility" - Lorenzo    U
Map06 -    "Take a Plunge" - mememind        U
Map07 - "Cenotaph" = myolden            B            - may swap to 11
MAP08 - "The Ultra Sector" - Mike_C        U
Map09 - "Morumotto" - Danlex            B
Map10 - "The End Is Purple" - NotTyrone        U

Episode 2: The Shores
Map11 - "Lightning over the Beyond" - Peccatum Mihzamiz        B
Map12 - "Thou Art in Heaven" - Heich                U
Map13 - "The Forgotten Offering" - Peccatum Mihzamiz         U    - must verify
Map14 - "Caco Machine" - Muumi                     B
Map15 - "Crimson Affinity" - el inferno    - Secret Exit 2        B
Map16 - "Divine Escalation" - Chookum!                U
Map17 - "Monodie" - Peccatum Mihzamiz                U
Map18 - "Colors of NRG" - Awall                 B
Map19 - "From the Canyons to the Stars" - Peccatum Mihzamiz    U        
Map20 - "death.digital" - worriedidiot                U     

Episode 3: Thy Tan Resumed
Map21 - "Chaos Lab II" - Pierrot                B            Hard 
Map22 - "Joy of the Blood of the Stars" - Peccatum Mihzamiz    U            Epic and slaughtery
Map23 - "The Chaosphere" - BluePineapple72             B    - must verify    668 enemies
Map24 - "Slaughter Incorpserated" - Steve88            U    - must verify    2000 + enemies
Map25 - "Summer of Resistance" Muumi - Secret Exit 3        B            2000 + enemies
Map26 - "Cosmo-Carousel" Worriedidiot                U
Map27 - "Library of Babel" - Muumi                B    - may move to early 20s    3000 + enemies
Map28 - "Godhood Cathedral" - El Inferno            B            6666 enemies
Map29 - "No Living Land" - Man With a Gun            B            3000 + enemies

TBD:

Slaywatch

Broodgate

Hi there. I don't know if you're still working on this mod or not, but I do have some feedback.

MAP30: The main issue with this map comes from the platform fight in the middle of the map. Personally, I think it gets a little problematic with so many monsters there. I'd like to recommend reducing the monsters you have to fight there by half, and instead adding them to the final section as it gets very overly long andi t's quite hard to get past, plus it tends to lag.

MAP31: I'd recommend turning the pillars into models. That will drastically improve FPS from looking out at the battle arena. If you wish, I could do so myself and send it in. Thankfully, Ultimate Doom Builder has the ability to export map sections as models, making this process a lot easier to deal with.  Surprisingly, ANIMDEFS does work on models too, 

1 hour ago, Major Cooke said:

Hi there. I don't know if you're still working on this mod or not, but I do have some feedback.

MAP30: The main issue with this map comes from the platform fight in the middle of the map. Personally, I think it gets a little problematic with so many monsters there. I'd like to recommend reducing the monsters you have to fight there by half, and instead adding them to the final section as it gets very overly long andi t's quite hard to get past, plus it tends to lag.

MAP31: I'd recommend turning the pillars into models. That will drastically improve FPS from looking out at the battle arena. If you wish, I could do so myself and send it in. Thankfully, Ultimate Doom Builder has the ability to export map sections as models, making this process a lot easier to deal with.  Surprisingly, ANIMDEFS does work on models too, 

~~If you’d be willing to make models for 31 that’d be great. The main issue with the frame rate comes from pentagram overlaying the whole of the map. There are something like 30,000 sidedefs or something in the level.~~

Strikethrough that actually. @Peccatum Mihzamiz has already made models for the towers. The main frame rate issue has been with the ceiling detail, which we realized was gonna take a few hours to remove from the level to replace, so we never really got to that.  

It'd actually be very easy to do. I can import it into blender, delete the floor from the model, then export it again as just the ceiling. It'd only take me a few minutes, if you're talking about the giant pentagram. I'll even make the ceiling flat for you, since I can select all the ceiling parts and enter a number for ceiling height to apply to all of them.

Went to Hell and back cleaning this bad boy up. Soon as I'm done mopping up the rest of the extra vertexes, I'll upload the WAD that has only the pentagram. Then if the author wants to make final adjustments to the shape and send it back, I'll process it into a model.

Spoiler

Builder_2023-01-01_18-21-03.png.0001a454f97de9de6aa981f1147ca88f.png

Edited by Major Cooke