Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Full Moon" A 1 Hour Speedmap Community Project (Now on Idgames!)

Alrighty, I forgot about this for a second. I honestly thought I wasn't going to be put in because of the phallic ending but It still got in lol.

I was running out of time like usual and decided it'd be funny that I add that, I'm typing this before I've played the wad so idk if it's still in there but yeah.

ohhhh I'm so happy to have my work featured in a release like this :D  thank you for the opportunity !!

I can't wait to see people playing it aaa

Guys I had an amazing session here - this seems to be the sweet spot of the set - amazing maps - hey it's not even because I'm in this set - mine was the worst but legit - amazing times in this vid thanks guys

I'm going priority one and making the rest of this top of my to do list

sorry no timestamps too lazy

featuring maps by @MFG38 @Engired @Kuro_mahoh @Dragonfly @Ukikomori @Death Bear @Death Bear @Clippy @thelamp

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

Guys I had an amazing session here - this seems to be the sweet spot of the set - amazing maps - hey it's not even because I'm in this set - mine was the worst but legit - amazing times in this vid thanks guys

I'm going priority one and making the rest of this top of my to do list

sorry no timestamps too lazy

featuring maps by @MFG38 @Engired @Kuro_mahoh @Dragonfly @Ukikomori @Death Bear @Death Bear @Clippy @thelamp

Tag me twice for a good time XD Thanks for the pt Clippy! Great to know my 1hr map had some replay value! 

Thanks for the video Clippy! I see FloofCollie’s map broke for you. It worked for me, and the only difference was that I didn’t use the lift before triggering the fight with the key pickup, so that might be a thing for others to test.

I played maps 25&26

@BoxY your map was challenging and had some interesting concepts - I got a little frustrated but the map is still entirely possible and not offensively unfair

@ʞnifeworld your map was my favourite of this lot - I played it twice, again at the end. Classic feeling map good times - no BS

The rest may not want to watch because I didn't play them. They were over the top ludicrous maps to expect ppl to play that in my opinion detract from the set.  Nobody has time to play back to back sets with 1000+ monsters in em lol. I am not sure why ppl feel the need to go way overboard like this but if you feel the desire to make more traditional maps I'll gladly play em.

So many great fun maps in this set I'm not sure why some authors felt the need to make unfun bloated creations - this style of gameplay is not for me anyway and I am not trying to be offensive, I like to share my honest experience when playing and for this particular venture - there wasn't much fun to be had for me

I hope we're still friends.

I still love most of these maps and have legit had some of the best times when playing in a while but sadly also some of the worst - real mixed bag here but awesomeness is still the main aspect and I will recommend this wad to ppl with a warning about the ending!

Alright here is the video already

14 hours ago, Clippy said:

I played maps 25&26

@BoxY your map was challenging and had some interesting concepts - I got a little frustrated but the map is still entirely possible and not offensively unfair

gg, and sorry about the jank skippable linedefs in the starting room and forgetting the damaging floor in the end room. I said I was gonna go back and fix that stuff before final release but I was playing other games and forgot. :p

@Clippy,

The name of the map origins from this part of the CP rules: 

No unfair challenges such as opening the level with the player surrounded by like 7 active Archviles or something. Please try to create an actual concept.

Please don't make an assumtion that these maps are TAS only, impossibly hard or other non-sense like that. Here's for example OV's max of map30: https://youtu.be/autKYc7Ko-g. I can beat my map without much effort as well.

Other than that, yeah, I'm totally fine with that some people will hate my maps :D the only thing I care is that I like making and playing them.

I completed Full Moon. I used an old version of prBoom that's why custom intermission screen is not shown I guess.

Map 1-13 are not blinded.

Played with complevel 9.

Sorry for the lag on slaughter maps.

6 hours ago, battlescroll said:

hey for level 3 does anyone know why its called the assassination.

That was the name I was given by reelvonic on a list of map names iirc

6 hours ago, Outrageous Videos said:

That was the name I was given by reelvonic on a list of map names iirc

no i mean like do yall know who the target is

2 hours ago, battlescroll said:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SLAUGHTER MAPS AT THE END AND WHY MEGALOVAINA 

They're at the end because they're the hardest, why a lot of slaughtermaps? I'm nor sure, for map 22 (mine) it was always thought out for that, others could have many reasons, but as I said, they're at the end because they're hard, the map order is done from easiest to hardest

ok guys i just beat it and ima give it a 3 out of 5 the ending is horrendous and there are just to many difficulty spikes but besides that most of the maps are excellent and each level having a little screenshot of it when you enter is cute.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, El Inferno said:

I'm totally fine with that some people will hate my maps :D

I'm officially an "El Inferno hater" now :p

Seriously though, it's kind of funny that you're kind of surrounded by 7 AVs at the start of Map27, heh.

Just share this here because it's fun. Max is grindy, but it's far from being very hard in case El Inferno actually thought I am a hater :p

i just tried to record a no-hit demo of full moon, and successfully no-hit map01-map07, but map08 ruined it because of the forced damaging floors