Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazlo Panaflex

New Map - Die Tuefelsmaschine

I played the map and loved it. It looked beautiful and the fights where well thought out if you make any other of these fine maps tel me :)

Terrific map, Laz! Gorgeous vistas with engaging combat and reasonably straight-forward progression. Definitely your prettiest map. I did have one issue regarding some backtracking towards the very end with being trapped at one point. I'm not certain if a lift is broken or Vanilla+ broke it or maybe because I'm using a slightly older version of GZDoom. I wasn't able to figure it out, so sorry about that. I'd replay it again, but it's a hefty map and I don't feel up to the task tonight heh. ^^;

Incidentally, please ignore me complaining about the OTEX cyberpunk skull switches not lighting up when I pressed them during my playthrough. This only occurred because I was evidently using GZDoom v4.5 as I've since run the WAD through v4.6. and they worked just fine.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, azerty said:

I played the map and loved it. It looked beautiful and the fights where well thought out if you make any other of these fine maps tel me :)

Thank you!!

Having watched through the playthrough’s, it appears the version of the wad uploaded here is ooooold.

the CyberDemon has to be killed to lower the barrier and allow you access back to the bridge room and the exit.

in the build you played here i didn’t put enough ammo around the area to allow for a CyberDemon kill.

Oh also, when playing my maps, I always recommend using Vulkan rendering in GZDoom. Software rendering will result in bad visuals, and some extremely dark areas.

1 hour ago, Lazlo Panaflex said:

I always recommend using Vulkan rendering in GZDoom. Software rendering will result in bad visuals, and some extremely dark areas.

Ok good to know

On 8/10/2021 at 6:40 PM, Baskiat said:

hmmm, tks

I read that but thought those was already included.  anyway tks, great map! :)

Did you manage to get the textures in there and play it?

On 8/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, Lazlo Panaflex said:

Did you manage to get the textures in there and play it?

yep

some surprise moments with bunch of monster,  nice moments, and the arquiteture, just wonderful (i'm the 'type' of player who wanders in awe observing textures, details, etc :D)

I'm here btw:

PhpcikB.png

wish I had more time to dwell more in doom mapping, used to make quake and cs maps back in the day, anyway

where can I find more wads from you?

Im

glad you’re enjoying it!

ive made 6 maps in total, and all are available in the latest RAMP beta 1.2

http://ramp.teamouse.net

The hub level has a computer that tells you how to get to each map. My maps are:

Lazlo’s Baby Map for Babies

corruption 1: Corruption Begins

corruption 2: Factory

corruption 3: Nexus

Meat Machine

Die Tuefelsmaschine

the first 4 are tech-base styled with the default texture set.

the last 2 are more diverse.

one cool thing is that the Ramp pk3 has all the textures and animations for all the maps built-in, so you don’t need to line them up in your ini.

There are a ton of great maps in there, but I strongly recommend Neoplasm by LordEntr0py.