Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

Do You Watch Sports? What Sports Did You Last Watch?

Do You Watch Sports?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Watch Sports?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a sucker for football (soccer) but I like more playing it than watching it. I did watch Copa America and Euro this year tho.

For the most part: no.

Though I do watch occasionly a world champion or an European championship soccer match but only if my own country is playing and last weekend, I watched the Formula 1 race in Zandvoort (which I frequently visit) . . .

Watched the Dallas Cowboys narrowly lose to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFL opening night game Thursday night. If Dallas had a kicker worth a damn, they might have pulled that game out of the jaws of defeat.

Looking forward to watching the IndyCar race from Portland International Raceway this weekend. Go here for the schedules.

6 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Watched the Dallas Cowboys narrowly lose to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFL opening night game Thursday night. If Dallas had a kicker worth a damn, they might have pulled that game out of the jaws of defeat.

Yeah, poor Greg couldn't exactly get his kicks, if you pardon the expression.

I for one am just glad football, er, hand-egg's back. I'm still a little bit upset about losing the Rams to LA, but at least Missouri still has the Chiefs!

Technically, Part 7 of Secret Base's (absolutely excellent) in-depth history of the Atlanta Falcons.

Start with Part 1 instead, but be warned if you are going to try to watch the whole thing: Each part is at LEAST 45 minutes long. You're talking approximately 6 1/2 hours if you want the entire thing.

And it's so damn good it might be worth it.

I cared about football (I refuse to call it "soccer"). Now I'm not interested at all because it bores me and some of the rules made the sport worse.

I've been watching some female MMA. Janet Todd is a KO artist with kicks, Jackie Buntan has heavy hands, and Stamp Fairtex is quite impressive.

I feel like yes and no are both misleading answers for me.

I watch sports, but only rarely.  Usually soccer.  And often just highlights. 

I haven't watched any in the last week. I will likely watch highlights of this weekend's Leicester WFC match sometime next week.

I ended up going for a walk to the park yesterday and a football (not american football) game was going on. I sat and watched that. I didn't pay attention to the score or anything. It was enjoyable, and something I don't get to see everyday. It wasn't a professional game, but still entertaining.

Many years ago(like, high school), I'd watch hockey with my pals. It was an extremely high-octane experience but my eyes got tired attempting to follow the puck during the course of the game and largely stopped. While I know enough to talk about it, it's been a long time since I've hung with pals who were into sports.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

mac-jones.jpg

LET'S FUCKING GO

SQUISH THE FISH

A dolphin is not a fish. :-P (I'm assuming you were referring to the Pats game.) Never mind, I just looked up the term. It still sounds awkward to me though...

But anyway, now that Week 1 is a wrap, I'm actually kinda looking forward to the NBA this fall!

Edited by HavoX

Got finished watching the first practice for the IndyCar Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey on Peacock Plus a little while ago. Now watching live coverage of the Canadian Football League match between the Toronto Argonauts and the Saskatchewan Roughriders on ESPNews.

Yes, I like CFL football, and the Riders are my favorite team, up there with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Been following the CFL in one form or another since I was in 5th grade, way back in 1973-74 or thereabouts.

I used to watch (American) football because I played it in middleschool and highschool. So I knew what was going on, and it's still somewhat enjoyable, but I have no favorite teams. I just ended up having other things to do; I don't need to watch grown ass men chasing balls around. I played soccer as well, but I don't watch it. Rugby is kind of enjoyable, it's like football with more violence. 

The only sports I really enjoy watching are snowboarding and skateboarding at this point. Because they're about individual talent, dexterity, discipline, and ambition. Not a bunch of men playing with their balls.

I dunno if stuff like UFC and Boxing count as a sport, but if so those are the only sports I enjoy watching. 

(I'd also say WWE but obviously I know that isn't a true sport)

For anyone who might be interested in the sport of Cricket, Minor League Cricket (The USA-based T20 Cricket league) is being streamed for free by Willow's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/willow/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/MinorLeagueCricket/videos

Minor League Cricket: https://milc.majorleaguecricket.com/

The Rules of Cricket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqtpNkMvj5Y

Glasgow Celtic and Bohemian F.C from Dublin are my two favourite football / soccer teams, I see them whenever I can.

Currently watching a YouTube TV DVRed copy of the NTT IndyCar Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, the last IndyCar race of the year. I've already had the series champion spoiled for me in my e-mail, unfortunately, but at least the rest hasn't been spoiled.

Baseball - watched the Houston Astros shellac the Chicago White Sox 9-4 in game two of the ALDS yesterday.

Now getting ready to watch the Texas/OU football game from the Cotton Bowl.

Bills are playing the Chiefs Sunday night, and I will definitely be hoping we beat them.

If we do, not only are the Chiefs much shakier than I suspect, but we will own a crucial tiebreaker if it comes down to it in the playoffs, and we may well win the #1 seed in the AFC, giving us a bye.

And if we do win the Super Bowl, there won't be a table surviving in the city. I promise you that.

Just watched the Houston Astros beat the Boston Red Sox, 5-4, in game one of the 2021 ALCS. Quite a memorable home run by Carlos Correa. Pay the man.

And now, I've finished watching my Astros finish off the Red Sox, 5-0, in game six of the 2021 ALCS, earning them a spot in the 2021 World Series. Houston!!!!

EDIT: Houston will be taking on the Atlanta Braves in Houston, beginning at 7pm Central time this coming Tuesday. Houston will have the home field advantage for the series.

Edited by leejacksonaudio

The United States Grand Prix Formula 1 race from Austin, Texas. Max Verstappen won.

RANT: Am I the only person on this forum who watches smegging sports? I find that hard to believe.