Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperCupcakeTactics

DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH - THE Cyberpunk MEGAWAD!

HOLY FUCK!
I been waiting for HACX to look like this, but now this is far better!

I'm just in the mood for some good cyber-punk!

Now i wish you guys could work on something for HACX, too.

I've been waiting patiently since the month started for the next DBP! Cool to hear there's 21 maps, but like @Catpho said, some screenshots would be nice for this thread! These monthly sets are always so different visually, it's always a treat to see the new thread and check out what style we got this month. Though, I hear we got some neon going on, so that's gonna be sweet.

I've seen some screenshots posted in the Doom Pictures Thread, and have been really looking forward to trying it out. Congrats on the release!

This is really well put together, excellent job with the resources. Really digging the vibe here, the atmosphere is quite good. The use of multiple colours is great without creating too much visual noise and creates a chaotic yet coherent soothing feeling.

Congrats on release, great resource pack and I think everyone did a really good job on this one - fun to map for but especially fun to playtest.

Here's a maplisting:

MAP01: "Glass Messiah" by SuperCupcakeTactics
MAP02: "Financial" by 40oz
MAP03: "Starlight Square" by Matador
MAP04: "Meat Mincer" by Joe-ilya
MAP05: "Mega-City Vengeance" by SuperCupcakeTactics & Redead-ITA
MAP06: "Android District" by LunchLunch
MAP07: "Cyberkill" by Fryuko
MAP08: "Corporate Loophole" by Valkiriforce
MAP09: "The Last Resort" by Washing Machine Enthusiasts
MAP10: "Photon Geyser" by Chris Moyer
MAP11: "Neon Artifacts" by JadingTsunami
MAP12: "Altered States" by 40oz
MAP13: "Lower Salt Lake City" by LunchLunch
MAP14: "Azure Wasteland" by JadingTsunami
MAP15: "The Vinculum Gate" by SuperCupcakeTactics
MAP16: "Neo-Bronx Rumble" by Peerdolius
MAP17: "Luminescent Synapse" by SuperCupcakeTactics
MAP18: "Miami Anomaly" by Fryuko
MAP19: "Sunset Plaza" by 40oz
MAP20: "Electric Rave" by 40oz
MAP21: "The Cynet Reaper" by SuperCupcakeTactics

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

HOLY FUCK!
I been waiting for HACX to look like this, but now this is far better!

I'm just in the mood for some good cyber-punk!

Now i wish you guys could work on something for HACX, too.

I believe there was actually a song from HACX in the resource pack but it didn't end up getting used. There were a ton of good music choices though, this one has a great soundtrack.

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

@SuperCupcakeTactics
you are this to me!!!
Drive.png.5f03e1fe6d160e89789ef9fcf1b7afe8.png

love the reference to one of my favourite movies from the decade :)

And no, i'm not flirting with you...yet!

He's got some great maps in this (and a lot of them - 5!) so... you might be by the time you finish it.

Thank you all! Included some screenshots in the OP, as well as the Maplist courtesy of @matador

Special thanks to @JadingTsunami for being a huge help to me in getting this ready!

Shoutout to @Psyrus for his amazing MIDIs (two of which are) used in this project! They're perfect and I encourage you all to give them a listen!

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

@SuperCupcakeTactics
you are this to me!!!

<epic image>
love the reference to one of my favourite movies from the decade :)

And no, i'm not flirting with you...yet!

Thank you :)

This nails that 90's EDoom-inspired mise en scene aesthetic without all the fluff, the feeling of a hyper advanced city never left my sight. 5/5 from me!

Cuppy, this project is the grooviest of grooves. The first 3 maps are some of the most fun, most charming, and most beautiful levels i've played in a while.

EDIT: Not exactly a bug, but immersion breaking: in map06, at the rainy alley just before you go into the underground base/statition, when you lower the lift the rain on top of that lift gets pushed down as well, making that rain "lower" than the surrounding downpour:

Spoiler

tgkEfJi.png
The lift in question
1qZ2Tta.png
What happens

Edited by Catpho

Glad to see this wad being released, even if i couldn't contribute a map directly my prefabs made it in a couple of maps, which by itself is a nice achievemnt.

So is this the biggest DBP to date?

That's a lot of maps!

currently hosting this on Zandronum....

And I got stuck, just here:

Screenshot_Doom_20210704_134035.png

Edited by grrfield

Was worried 36 would be the last, but DBP returns with style! look forward to trying this one out.

Found a little missaligned textured at the start of map03
It is vertically missaligned
1295331489_DBP37-map03-startmissaligned.png.33294bcf29474017e2f83c4e55058a31.png

So far, this is the shit i was craving since long ago :)

This wad was awesome!  Great job to everyone who contributed to this one. :)  I've been replaying all of the old DBPs recently while continuing to catch the new ones as they come out and it's amazing what you all manage to do in such a short time with each release.

Glad everyone's enjoying this so much! Edited the title to include its MegaWAD status as well as add-ons in the OP.

Includes an all-things bullet related accessory WAD, the EDGE broken glass add-on, as well as a raw sound bite of Deckard's blaster from Blade Runner if you want to use that.

UV pistol starts with saves

Port: DSDA-Doom v0.19.3 -complevel 2

Total IGT: 3:31:58

Personal Difficulty Evaluation: 1.5 (1 = Plutonia)

Personal Rating: 7.1 (out of 10)

Quite an interesting palette to use and look at for sure. My favorite design is Map17 because it definitely looks very like real places, and it somehow reminds me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, heh. Also, I really all the maps with landscapes that I can see from any type of balcony.

On the other hand, the color is great to look for a while, but later it feels a bit of exhausting, especially those rains. I love the rains because of the feeling of the design, and in reality, I just like rains in general. However, under 35 frames, it seems it's a pain to look at if there are too many of these in the main playing area. It took me 3 sessions to finish the whole WAD because I have to take a break looking at the screen :p

The gameplay is decent, but there are some fights that I'm not a fan of like AVs among a group of mid tiers without enough rockets or BFG etc.

All in all, it's a DBP standing out quite a bit comparing to others. Would recommend anybody a fan of this theme gives it a try.

Yea this is seriously awesome. The cyberpunk aesthetic is amazing in itself and extremely well done here to boot; all that flashy neon color, dilapidated urban environments, lovely atmospheric background noise (the speaker clips are a great touch!), frigging rain too??? And the amount of doomcute here, oh my goodness. I'm usually a gameplay first kind of guy but here I found myself marveling the environment and all the little details constantly. And that's not to say gameplay isn't enjoyable here because it definitely is.

One of the best things to have come out this year for sure. Great work and big congrats to everyone who contributed!

I recorded FDAs if anyone is interested. Sorry for no map15, I died and gave up with the FDA. Might've been a few other maps that I DNF but died what seemed like very near the end (map21 for example).

FDA_DBP37.zip

I'm a little bummed that the addon for the new muzzle flashes isn't 100% compatible with SMOOTHED.wad but it's usable enough. REALLY REALLY enjoying this with smoothed and soundbulb and the addon together all running in Retro Doom. (My fav port for these sorts of wads.) Do kinda wish someone would sandwich this with Diabolus EX somehow because it has a bit more of the corporate sheen and polished aesthetic that would pair well in the right sections I think.

Played a few maps so far, it's awesome. Though I feel like I'm supposed to have some kind of PSX Doom "random colour sectors" mod running as well, haha.

Is there a readme somewhere with the list of music tracks? Some of these are super familiar to me and I can't put my finger on it.