Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Music that puts you into a good feeling you can't describe?

I like listening to music, but sometimes I come across a track I really like, and it puts me into a kind of trance. It makes me feel like floating around space, like a DVD screensaver logo. For example, this demo by Linkin Park:

It kinda puts me at peace, y'know? Has anyone else felt this way?

This song, I don't know why, I don't know why I saved it in a youtube playlist and I don't remember where I found it, I don't even listen to this type of music to begin with. It just reminds me of when I was younger and I would spend hours on end on flash games and watching stick men videos, it also gives me this weird mental image of those little bits in Adventure Time where they'd show the ruins from before the Mushroom War (or however they called the nuclear war)

adventure time 2.jpg

Whenever I'm having a bad day or just not in the right mood, this song never fails to but a smile on my face.

There's just something really nostalgic about this song; I wasn't even old enough to remember this stuff, yet I still lived in the era. It really reminds me of my middle school days as well, mainly since I discovered the smiths when I was 13; it really helped me when I think about it, I went from a miserable self loathing jackass, to a more open and happier person.

Tl;dr The smiths made me less un-happy with myself and also helped me come out as bi.

the best song i have ever heard

it gives me goosebumps all over when i listen to it

you just cant get any better than Chris Cornell

Absolutely. For me, instrumental compositions are great for this purpose, as well as songs containing some lyrics; especially those that feel suitable for listening at night / late in the evening.

However, sometimes it is enough for a song to have some rare notes, which the composition basically goes through a deep artistic research by the author of, and to sound harmonically. The effort of achieving this harmony can be improved thanks to various aspects, such as unique sounding musical instruments (saxophone, handpan, melodica etc.), wise choice of components in an EDM beat and many other things.

Here are some examples of such songs that are ones of my favorites:

Magic Sound FabricLevitation Groove

Spoiler

Paul van DykFor an Angel

Spoiler

Alo WalaTimbuktu

Spoiler

Black Eyed PeasMeet Me Halfway

Spoiler

Eek A MouseTeacher

Spoiler

Hang MassiveWarmth of the Sun's Rays

Spoiler

Black MLa Nuit Porte Conseil

Spoiler

SopranoDans Ce Soir / Midnightlude

Spoiler

GonsofusSoul Searchers

Spoiler

2 UnlimitedNothing Like the Rain

Spoiler

Londonbeat I've Been Thinking About You

Spoiler

Quake Pro League Intermission Theme

Spoiler

Boney M.Heart of Gold

Spoiler

DecinoDozy Dust (OST NERF (Not Even Remotely Fair))

Spoiler

Vangelis & Stina Nordenstam Ask the Mountains

Spoiler

Mount PainEcosystem

Spoiler

P. S.:

On 7/4/2021 at 5:16 AM, Artman2004 said:

It makes me feel like floating around space, like a DVD screensaver logo.

I absolutely love this wording :)

Edited by Geniraul : May 10: Grammar mistakes corrected. May 11: Replaced the video for Paul van Dyk — For an angel, as the video that I had posted initially appears (at least to me) to not be available anymore, for some reason.

Too many to list from many different times of my life. One of the early ones is this OCRemix of Sign of Evil, always whisked me away to some mysterious dream-land of sidedefs, sectors and the E1 sky.

Ya know, when I think of albums that just make me happy, and feel like frolicking like a dumbass, I can only think of two. And they're both by The Vandals: "Live Fast Diarrhea" and "Hitler Bad, Vandals Good". They're not amazing albums, but they're just so damn upbeat and remind me of a time when I could just do stupid shit and be happy and nothing mattered.

So anyway, I think it's cool that Nitro put up the full album of Live Fast Diarrhea on Youtube as a playlist:

And "Hitler Bad, Vandals Good":

Edited by Jello

Well, I can generally describe good feelings... but I can certainly post songs that make me feel them. 

current answer:

im writing a setting about 80s northern uk music
crossed with paranormal garbage and furry stuff lol

cabaret voltaire are the puzzle piece that makes everything I'm thinking about make sense

they had amazing punk and industrial periods and then went heavy into electro, I treasure all their stuff no matter how repellent, corny, painful on the ears, etc

This fucking masterpiece eluded me for nearly my whole damn life. Long story short, I had a nintendo 64 back in the early 2000s and I had goldeneye 64 with it. I heard this song when I was maybe 5 or 7 and it just... Clicked... My whole life without an N64 and I've been trying to find this song and I finally found it in 2023. It is EASILY one of my favorite videogame soundtracks by far, surpassing even the doom soundtrack and some actual songs that I listened to... Basically, it's a very nostalgic song for me and holds quite a bit of significance in that it's an absolute banger if that makes sense.

Tales Of Berseria OST (Disc №2): Track 16 - Run Into The Horizon

This one got me to tears recently, for some unknown reasons.

It might be just depression (that, as I heard, lets some "heroic" or "sentimental" things to bring you to tears very easy), but I just don't know.

Instruments feels so mighty and powerful that something very warm and important are radiating inside of my soul.

This is a recent one that I found only a few days ago. It's not that complex or deep in its structure or lyrics, but it does have certain positive energy to it:

Some more that came to my mind:

Pop TopsMammy Blue

Spoiler

LefaNew life

Spoiler

Flavia CoelhoMulher

Spoiler

Gringe feat. Léa CastelScanner

Spoiler

ShimmyMCDoubletime 2019

Spoiler

Andreas BoldtPop modulation

Spoiler

LehahDis-moi

Spoiler

DadjuErreur du passé

Spoiler

SindyS'envoler

Spoiler

I like to listen to this song when something good happens to me, so when I listen to it I automatically associate it with feeling happy. The whole album is brilliant and full of songs mostly like this, but this is the one that makes me feel the happiest.

This song is just upbeat and makes me feel nostalgic. I watched the music video for it years ago then played this song a lot afterwards. The guitar hook still gets stuck in my head sometimes.

This song reminds me of last summer, playing FIFA 22 and FIFA 19, it being stupidly hot and sunny every day and watching the football properly for the first time in about five years.