Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dokta Whawee

I finally completed TNT Map28 UV+!

Recommended Posts

Oh god, this level. 

 

Normally one of the easiest TNT levels, UV+ turns the difficulty up to a million, as many of you know. I know for a fact that nobody has beaten it with fast monsters, and without TAS, I think it's impossible (Although Zero Master can prove me wrong). I finally beat Map28 on UV+.

 

I know this will trigger some of you, but I do need to say one thing: Yes, this was done in GZDoom. There, I said it. Cry about it. I don't think that doing so changes the difficulty tenfold, but feel free to send me angry letters that disprove such a bold claim.

 

It wasn't pistol start, I came in with basically full health and ammo from the last level, and I save-scummed a LOT. I kept a tally; I died about 258 times. It took me a total of 4 and a half hours.

 

I would consider UV+-Fast on this level to be the holy grail of Doom achivements.

 

Since I sadly didn't get a screenshot, these were my stats:

 

Monsters: 86%

Items: 100%

Secrets: 100%

 

I know, this lacks proof. But if you really doubt me, perhaps I can do it again tomorrow and provide some more proof. I would even do it Pistol Start!

 

In conclusion, I am very proud of myself! I know that, to many of you, this challenge is probably nothing, but I hope that some of you find it interesting.

Share this post


Link to post

If you don't have 100% kills did you even beat the map though?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Pegg said:

If you don't have 100% kills did you even beat the map though?

Well, due to the fact that there are 4 whole Cyberdemons in damaging floor pits, I don't think anyone can ever do it. Prove me wrong, though. If there were any rad suits, then maybe it's possible, but I don't think that it's possible at all.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Dokta Whawee said:

Well, due to the fact that there are 4 whole Cyberdemons in damaging floor pits, I don't think anyone can ever do it. Prove me wrong, though. If there were any rad suits, then maybe it's possible, but I don't think that it's possible at all.

This guy did it but without fast monsters:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, Dokta Whawee said:

Prove me wrong, though.

No I don't want to. Especially not TNT maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Finish for me is to finish the level, it doesn't require 100%.

There was a similar challenge for UV pistol start on Plutonia/TNT and while I tried to kill all monsters and find all secrets at the same time, maybe I missed 100% monsters somewhere, but the goal to finish the level in pistol start without cheats or savespam was there.

 

p.s. At some point I was wondering (as I just replayed it in GZDoom) where are these Cyberdemons? Why are there archviles at start? Then I realized, oh.. some UV+ new thing on consoles (or Bethesda Doom?). Yeah NO! (No as in not playing Bethesda Doom, not no as in nope for difficulty)

Edited by Optimus

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2021 at 1:00 AM, Pegg said:

If you don't have 100% kills did you even beat the map though?

It's only truly beat when 100% everything on Nightmare only using fists.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Optimus said:

p.s. At some point I was wondering (as I just replayed it in GZDoom) where are these Cyberdemons? Why are there archviles at start? Then I realized, oh.. some UV+ new thing on consoles (or Bethesda Doom?). Yeah NO! (No as in not playing Bethesda Doom, not no as in nope for difficulty)

The extra enemies are those that were placed for co-op, which you can load in GZDoom with "map map28 coop" in the console.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2021 at 12:46 AM, Dokta Whawee said:

Oh god, this level. 

 

Normally one of the easiest TNT levels, UV+ turns the difficulty up to a million, as many of you know. I know for a fact that nobody has beaten it with fast monsters, and without TAS, I think it's impossible (Although Zero Master can prove me wrong). I finally beat Map28 on UV+.

 

I know this will trigger some of you, but I do need to say one thing: Yes, this was done in GZDoom. There, I said it. Cry about it. I don't think that doing so changes the difficulty tenfold, but feel free to send me angry letters that disprove such a bold claim.

 

It wasn't pistol start, I came in with basically full health and ammo from the last level, and I save-scummed a LOT. I kept a tally; I died about 258 times. It took me a total of 4 and a half hours.

 

I would consider UV+-Fast on this level to be the holy grail of Doom achivements.

 

Since I sadly didn't get a screenshot, these were my stats:

 

Monsters: 86%

Items: 100%

Secrets: 100%

 

I know, this lacks proof. But if you really doubt me, perhaps I can do it again tomorrow and provide some more proof. I would even do it Pistol Start!

 

In conclusion, I am very proud of myself! I know that, to many of you, this challenge is probably nothing, but I hope that some of you find it interesting.

I wouldn't exactly say impossible, but I haven't completed it just yet. Here's my pb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHzx47luVQ

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×