Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

Doomworld Mega Project 2021 (18 maps)

^000^ rofl lmao this made me laugh hard

I know that there will no answer for this question, but what happened? Did some kind of schism between the lines happened? I thought that there was the Maximum project as a "official" mega project...

I'll answer that question because it's unrelated to this project :) That maximum project is just another unauthorized copy-cat project that has nothing to do with me or the DMP series at all.

I'm confused by this and yes i get the whole "asking a question about the project, there will be no answers" gag. So another words what this is is basically make a map during this year (2021) and post here. (thinking emoji).

12 minutes ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I'll answer that question because it's unrelated to this project :) That maximum project is just another unauthorized copy-cat project that has nothing to do with me or the DMP series at all.

The last time I checked, people are allowed to run their own projects mate

2 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I thought it was related to this series with your "permission"... Btw this anarchic idea of "just made a fucking map for anything and post it here" intrigues me... Sign me up! I'll see to build up something faster for this one... I like to see how it will evolve during these 6 months!

Just yesterday I was struck with inspiration for a simple stand-alone level, and I wondered whether the DMP is a thing this year...

I might participate. Unless it requires me to understand something other than boom, because my brain has enough space for one format only.

11 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I might participate. Unless it requires me to understand something other than boom, because my brain has enough space for one format only.

I don't know either man, this rule list is killing me!

11 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Under something like Zdoom 2.8.1 compatibility, we can have a wad of maps in any format. I'm pretty sure we gonna have the most of maps done in Boom format.

Made a small tyson-style map for... Heretic!

That's unexpcted, isn't? I wonder if it still be accepted!

Immagine-2021-07-06-012225.png

Title: Fuck Doom 2

Port: Limit Removing Heretic exe, maybe vanilla but untested

Tested with: chocolate heretic 3.0

Slot: E1M1

Use the Heretical Thoughs Texture Pack by @ETTiNGRiNDER

Build time: a pair of hours + 2 more for fixing works

Description: small and compact map sets in a prison place surrounded by lava in the middle of a crater. Get out!

DOWNLOAD: see below

Edited by Walter confetti

@Walter confetti I like this map a lot, but unless i'm doing something wrong the switch (I presume) to lower the yellow key does not work. Tried in chocolate heretic and gzdoom. It's supposed to lower sector 1 but there's no sector tagged 1 i don't think.

Here's another map, made in vanilla Doom format so it can theoretically be played on DOS.

Title: Eternal Leap

Port: Anything, tested in PrBoom+

IWAD: Doom 2 (Map01)

Difficulty: Medium

Skybox: Random image on the internet

Music: Taken from Dump2's Map 59 "Price of Failure"

ScreenShot01.PNG

Eternal Leap.zip

4 u on free slurpee day

Your discount deli meats are known across the land, thanks to your secret blend of spices. But a dismembered head has run off with the rub. Do whatever it takes to get it back.

Doom 2 vanilla compatible (though sprites pop in and out so technically limit removing? i'm not sure)

deliRub.wad

Spoiler

g4EM2Fv.png

8XiJS3s.png

On 7/5/2021 at 4:39 AM, MidnightMage said:

Seeing this thread pop up, really inspired me to speed map something.

It's slightly inserious but it is shaping up into "something" puzzly.

This was inspired by all those 90's wads with maps made out of words... Forgive me.

Screenshot 2021-07-04 224230.png

I dont see why you need forgiveness. I applaud you for having the courage to break the mold

16 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Doom 2 vanilla compatible (though sprites pop in and out so technically limit removing? i'm not sure)

Perhaps so, but I recall "Subtle Shun" in DMP 2017 had instances where sprites might pop in and out due to the sprite limit. Considering TimeofDeath made Subtle Shun, and didn't protest when Stormcatcher included it in the Vanilla section of DMP 2017, I doubt you'll have any complaints here, either.