Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenenteZashu

Post your favorite music track from a videogame that's not Doom (or Quake or any other Id Software title)

Even though I like Final Dreadnaught music more, sharing it without on-stage action feels like sharing the song with one of the key instruments missing.

If there are any other good Touhou tracks, please enlighten me

It's a remix, but it's from a pre-existing game so does it count?

BTW the other remixes this guy does are also bangers

As for 'good game with bad music', the award for that probably goes to the rap at the end of CoD 4, or maybe the DK rap, or the rap in San Andreas. I'm noticing a pattern here

You can keep your Dovakhiin theme. This certain is deeply layered in wonder and mystery and tightly woven with the memory of hundreds of hours of breathtaking exploration and a sense of place I've never experienced since leaving Vvardenfel.

So insanely catchy.

This one gives me goosebumps in some places.

Always loved the feeling of flying through clouds this song gave, especially given the stage it's on.

Shit I better have something that isn't Touhou here, too.

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Tracks I love from games I love. Hope you'll enjoy :)

9 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Phenomenal soundtrack. Pick any song at random and it will be a show-stopper... there isn't one forgettable song in the whole game.

Yep. Are there any midis in Doom from it? If not that's some prime material for coverage and would probably fit in a wad so well heh.

I've been really enjoying Crystal Palace Crawl from Paper Mario 64 lately.

I need to get an underappreciated track out of the way:

Now I can move on, heh:

And why not, something else from my childhood:

How did I forget about this? Not only did it perfectly capture the spirit of the original, it enhanced it perfectly and transformed what was essentially an arcade game into something a lot more badass.

Also, this music has lived rent-free in my head since I first heard it over 20 years ago:

Two songs from the heydey of the CD-ROM era, when developers realised they could do a lot more with their in-game music. Both trailblazers in their own right.

Not my favorite but been thinking about Metal Slug lately. Never actually heard this track in any of the games because I am not good at Metal Slug.