Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenenteZashu

Post your favorite music track from a videogame that's not Doom (or Quake or any other Id Software title)

This game has an absolute belter of a soundtrack and was great fun back on the day. I'd like to see a proper HD remake one day.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, TenenteZashu said:

If I gotta be 100% honest Killer Instinct's OST is much better than Doom 4 or Eternal's OST (at least compared to the tracks Mick composed)

I think compositionally the Killer instinct soundtrack is amazing, perhaps even better than Mick's work on the Doom games. But sonically and in terms of production value, the Doom soundtracks are far superior.

(Just my opinion, of course! Great choice though.)

Deus Ex Human Revolution. Most beautifully ambient and atmospheric soundtrack ever put in a game. Fight me.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:08 PM, TenenteZashu said:

If I gotta be 100% honest Killer Instinct's OST is much better than Doom 4 or Eternal's OST (at least compared to the tracks Mick composed)

I absolutely agree! I have mixed feelings about Mick Gordon's work on Doom, but his Killer Instinct soundtrack is simply, well, killer! :P

Anyway, while I have never played Thunder Force IV, I admit this track blew my fucking mind the first time I heard it:

Edited by Rudolph

@Wad overdose Seriously? Wow.

I honestly do not like "BFG Division", yet I am fine with this one. I guess the choice of instruments can make all the difference!

I not a halo fan but i love this theme really yes it's from mod for ce but is my favourite ver of flood theme from halo franchise.

Edited by Wad overdose

Death Egg Zone Act 2 from Sonic & Knuckesis my all time favorite. I use it as alarm and ring tone lol

My second one is "Odyssia Forsaken", the song of the last dungeon of Death End Re;Quest. I even use it while playing Doom (like on E1M8 maps and DII late maps)

The Last one is "Exceed!" from Trails of Cold Steel, this song has so much energy XD

I have a lot more, but I'll stop here 

The soundtracks wholesale for Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number are both so incredibly good that I cannot pick a single track that's my favourite, but also they're so fitting for the game wholesale that I'd consider them to be half of the games' overall experience.

Here's one of my favorite soundtracks from one of my beloved Mario Kart races, "Rainbow Road". I remember the first time I played this game on Dolphin, a few years ago, but when I got to this stage I knew that forever this will be my favorite soundtrack.