Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

No Health (1 + 2)

Posted (edited)

Literally no health.

Apart from a berserk, but you will take that instantly. Unless you don't.

Engine: Boom/MBF

Download: nohealth.zip

It should be on the idgames database in some weeks.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

828480388_gzdoom2021-07-0512-21-08.png.4c3dea15844a7680c7f962f07ce24412.png

688083391_gzdoom2021-07-0512-21-16.png.7f1da03ca81c58ecafa604ac1ab01324.png

WARNING: If the beginning room is too dark, just look at the automap and go up. Or put a palette on, and banded lighting. Like me.

1 minute ago, Outrageous Videos said:

Sounds like a timeofdeath map with the same name

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did the exact same thing.

Interesting concept! I tried playing in UV but it was too difficult for me. I just beat the first level on HMP, when you finally obtain de ssg feels so rewarding!

I was looking for it like:

tenor.gif

Perhaps having the shotgun or more bullets would be nice to snipe the remaining enemies at the sides of the bridge before ending the level. Not sure whats the meaning of the conveyor belts, the one in the beginning feels like punishment for dying and restarting the level (maybe it is) and the one in the end seems to make harder to end the level just for the sake of it.

I really like the visuals of the second map (i love hellish themes), and having to take the archvile in the beginning with the berserk only is really nasty, i like it. Will attempt to finish it later.

4 minutes ago, Esperpento said:

Perhaps having the shotgun or more bullets would be nice to snipe the remaining enemies at the sides of the bridge before ending the level. Not sure whats the meaning of the conveyor belts, the one in the beginning feels like punishment for dying and restarting the level (maybe it is) and the one in the end seems to make harder to end the level just for the sake of it.

I purposely didn't give much ammo, makes the player think more about how they use it. Also is more likely to put them in a bad situation.

The conveyor belts are more for atmosphere than anything. Or whatever I was thinking when I did them

Hopefully you enjoy the rest of it!

Great maps, my only complaint is that hub with the teleporters on map 2 doesn't have the doors marked, so you have no idea which one goes where, and if you're wrong, you have to climb the flesh-stairs again, and you may also have to walk through that empty room a second time if you've cleared it already.

quite fun and challenging!

on map01 i had a little trouble figuring out how to exit after killing all the monsters, hugging the wall seems to work but i felt it was a little unintuitive.

map02 has great unsettling atmosphere and i quite liked it, tho i found the teleporters were a little confusing.

i kinda had to memorize which one went to which thing with much trial an error.

Spoiler

the last archie fight  and the ssg evileye room fight were my favourites!