Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

What Are You Ingesting?

Just got finished eating a bowl of black currant granola with milk, with a few dried Montmorency cherries tossed in for good measure. It's what was for lunch. Nom.

Black currant granola (made with American-grown black currants): https://currantc.mybigcommerce.com/granola/

I'm fixated on cooling food lately. Cold soba noodles, cold grain salad, ceviche, cucumbers, eating lots of melon, anything I can think of.

Ceviche is nice because, if you follow a recipe, you're basically mixing up a quick salsa/guacamole but with fish in it, but everybody hails you as a culinary genius. You're literally just chopping some stuff and putting it in a bowl.

Had a beef taco with salsa and sriracha for dinner. Had some leftover pork ribs for lunch. I like meat.

Not that I don't like vegetables, I'll probably have some cucumbers with salt for dessert.

Not long finished my favourite lunch treat. There's sushi place not far from my shop and they do a spicy battered chicken. It's made with chickpea flour so it's (relatively) low carb and well tasty.

Burnt ends and brussels sprouts.

Burnt ends are the tips of brisket that have been deliberately overcooked to a black crispiness in the pit. Nom.

Stomach has been upset to day, so I just ate the same breakfast I eat always that I never get tired of. That being eggs scrambled with chorizo (like a very slightly spicy sausage) wrapped in a burrito. Been eating it for breakfast for as long as I've been eating solid food and I never grow tired of it.

Just had some vanilla ice cream paired w/ some rhubarb compote I made earlier this week. It was quite nice - the rhubarb came from my garden. I love rhubarb, its got a flavor I can't find anywhere else.

I think I woke up 3-4 hours ago, i'm not eating anything in particular right now as of when I am posting this, but if I had to guess of what i would be eating it would probably be either Hamburger, Chicken Nuggets Sprayed with cooking margarine, or pizza rolls i left in the freezer for 8 minutes.

Not eating right now but before I ate them all I was eating these except that it's not exactly those because that's an image I found on Google,

image-2021-07-06-112525.png

I had a terrific fried chicken burger for dinner tonight for a new place that opened up downtown. You better believe I'm going to be getting more food from them in the very near-future!

14 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I had a terrific fried chicken burger for dinner tonight for a new place that opened up downtown. You better believe I'm going to be getting more food from them in the very near-future!

Is this new place a kinda "hole in the wall?" Only reason I ask is we have a little place called The Flying Fish that is tucked away downtown and they have the best seafood around. Those places always have the best food.

Water.

Gotta stay hydrated.

I had some UAC D-Rations and filtered Mars water.

Actually just had a coffee and some sausages.

12 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Had a Monster energy drink and a couple yogourts. Not the best combination, I might add.

To be fair, yogurt is probably the most balanced counter to Monster energy drinks.