Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Tonight's episode of The Simpsons (January 5th)

Was okay on the story-line, and definitely had above-average wit compared to recent seasons. After this many seasons, I don't expect it to be fresh and original. But they took advantage of pretty much every opportunity to be funny. And most importantly, the episode lacked all those little things that made previous seasons so terrible.

I didn't think it was possible, but it looks like a season of The Simpsons is actually going to be better than the previous season.

It gets a B-.

Why you're judging a whole season based on one episode, I don't know.

nxn said:

That's what they -want- us to do ;) Who are we to question marketing ploys ;)

nxn said:

I'm not judging it on one episode. There's also the Sideshow Bob episode, the one where Bart and Lisa joined in the 3rd grade, and another one that I forget.

That Enron sketch was a little obvious and unoriginal, though. But that's insignificant.

14x01: Treehouse of horror XIII
14x02: My strummer vacation
14x03: Bart vs. Lisa vs. the third grade
14x04: Large Marge
14x05: Helter Shelter (Worst episode ever)
14x06: The great louse detective
14x07: Special Edna

So far there has only been one incredibly bad episode (x05), two bad episodes (x01 and x04), a decent episode (x02) and three good episodes (x03, x06 and x07). Let's compare these to the first 7 episodes of season 13:

13x01: Treehouse of horror XII
13x02: The Parent rap (Incredibly bad episode)
13x03: Homer the Moe (Incredibly bad episode)
13x04: A hunka hunka Burns in love (Incredibly bad episode)
13x05: The Blunder years (A decent/good episode)
13x06: She of little faith (The same. A good episode)
13x07: Brawl in the family (Incredibly bad episode)

The are, ofcourse, IMO's. I think season 14 is heaps better than season 13 so far.

Could someone tell me around how many episodes a season consists of? Just so I can get a little ratio going in my head that would allow me to get a clearer perspective on this.

I don't watch TV anymore. Unless it's Stargate SG-1. That's it. Why do you think I'm always here?

nxn said:

Could someone tell me around how many episodes a season consists of? Just so I can get a little ratio going in my head that would allow me to get a clearer perspective on this.

Usually a years worth. :P

And with simpsons, its a new one every sunday. 52.

Stupid me. :P
/me hates not being able to delete posts.

ravage said:

I don't watch TV anymore. Unless it's Stargate SG-1. That's it. Why do you think I'm always here?
And with simpsons, its a new one every sunday. 52.

Not even. More like 20 or so.

AndrewB said:

52? Umm, no. Try 22.

Then you really shouldn't automaticly start judging the whole season on approximately one seventh of all the episodes. Especially considering the fact that the Simpsons usually don't follow a multi-episode story-line. For all you know the rest could turn out to be shit lowering that surprisingly good grade (based on your pessimistic standards) by a lot.

This season already has more quality than all of last season put together, so yes, it is fair to say that it looks like this one will be less bad than the last.

I just plain refuse to watch any new Simpsons anymore. Who gives a crap if they're 'okay' or 'getting better'... I'll turn it back on when they decide not to produce total shit.

I can relate to those sentiments, but the idea of a new episode that isn't completely awful is so intriguing, like hearing about a guy getting a hole-in-one in a million-dollar 160-yard hole-in-one contest.