Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeaganDunn

Dwelling - large MBF21 map in the works [It's polishing time]

Little update. I might start rolling out a little piece of the map for testing via Discord/Doomworld PMs soon.

Map stats and status bar as of July 14, 2021, and a small view of the inside.

*cut images - outdated and hogging file attachment limit*

Edited by Dunn (& Dunn)

Been a little while. My mapping has slowed to a crawl - I have little ideas and have considered retexturing and rebuilding some areas.
I've also had some other projects in the works: One of which is already released, and one that is somewhat Doom-related.

Although, so far, I can thank @RonnieJamesDiner for helping out and putting together the green cyberdemon for this project. They will be credited...just about everywhere this project shows up. haha

To compensate for the slow progress, here, have a pentagram. :v

Dwelling - Dwelling 8_19_2021 8_47_50 PM.png

Oops.

790440528_Dwelling-Dwelling10_21_202110_22_54PM.png.3c2b4ab40a51e696ddc3d96f3ac55c4f.png

I've more recently come back to work on this beast (after all that charting). Some rooms are finally getting filled in. They may not be final, but I'm just happy stuff is getting done again. I've updated the info and screenshots in the original post - do have a look!

Also, graphic/music commissions for this project might finally be happening...

I am offering a beta of Dwelling for private playtesting. Message me on Doomworld or Discord ( Dunn & Dunn#8435 ) if you're willing. 
Difficulties are implemented for the map but will need playtesting and further balancing, which I will greatly appreciate feedback/help on!

- I highly recommend a recorded playthrough (commentary or not) as it says a million more words than a paragraph, but you can still provide written feedback if you want.

- There is no exit, just yet. Playtesting will mostly be focused on the combat setpieces themselves.

- A shortened version of the Dwelling text file will be provided so you know what to expect.

- You will be added to the playtester list, which I hold in high regard ;P

- Estimated play time to get everything will be at least 1-2 hours for a blind playthrough.

- Please do not post the WAD publicly anywhere when I send you it. Please.

- Nothing is final!

Edited by Dunn (& Dunn) : further info

Hey, I just decided to ask: How is this doing? It's been 7 months and still no word? This really sounds interesting, and I'd really like to play it.

7 hours ago, Electro Rage said:

Hey, I just decided to ask: How is this doing? It's been 7 months and still no word? This really sounds interesting, and I'd really like to play it.

Hey! Thanks for checking in on this. I've been working on and off - sometimes the inspiration is there, sometimes it isn't. I was able to turn to Shades of Azure for shorter, less ambitious work, I've been obsessed with Detroit: Become Human and making videos of it, and recently started on a remaster of Bloodbath MAP06.

But I can definitely show off a few more things. I might roll out a new beta for private playtesting.

The main building is complete layout-wise. I just need to get around to making the finale, which hopefully will include a new custom boss monster...

Dwelling_-_5_8_2022_7_35_05_PM.png

Dwelling_-_5_8_2022_7_31_32_PM.png

Dwelling_-_3_28_2023_4_31_41_PM.png

Ahh, how about that? A bit more of radio silence...but why? Interest in other things? General lack of motivation?

Or the fact that it took me a while to sit down and figure out the final boss of Dwelling, and make something happen...

Indeed it is! I've only just gotten back into it, and only the final battle is what's left, aside from polishing the rest of the beast...

Hopefully this spring or June it will be out. I've been buckling down and finishing out projects before putting more focus on Adulthood™.

I would share more screenshots, but there may be quite a lot of changes in the coming months.

MARCH 16, 2024 - 8:13 PM

3 years and 40000 linedefs later, the "W1 Exit Level" linedef is finally placed in Dwelling.

Private playtesting will soon become available.

image.png?ex=6608c80c&is=65f6530c&hm=0df

Dwelling_-_3_28_2023_4_31_41_PM.png?ex=6

Dwelling_-_5_8_2022_7_31_04_PM.png?ex=66