Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

Tried to put text with the hat I posted on the previous page but I think I screwed it up. At any rate I got this hat made in the States and shipped to me in Canada.

I recently bought an electric upright bass. Due to arrive tomorrow. Exciting!

Just bought a bunch of 'rare' hot pepper seeds on ebay.

Pink Tiger, NuMex Twilight, Vampire, Butch T. Scopion (Red),  Bulgarian Carrot, Jigsaw, etc. etc. etc...

Bought dog shampoo cause no one else was getting around to it (like someone who actually drives and could get it no problem in this 110f+ weather). Walked my ass about a mile to the pet store to get it so that was unpleasant.

I haven't made a purchase in a while, but my wife bought us tickets to see this year's BattleBots tournament in Las Vegas this morning. Can't wait, and I'm hoping I'm not in the smegging hospital while it's going on!

I bought Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag yesterday on the Ubisoft Store sale for $6.60.  Definitely one of the best (if not the best) games of the series.

Just bought a small repair kit for my Switch Joy-Cons as they have drift. They should arrive in the next few days.

Last week, my order of Gojira's newest album came in. I ordered with only hearing one song from the band, ever. I liked it so much that the next day or two, I ordered three more of their albums. Today two of them arrived. I gave From Mars to Sirius a listen and holy carp, I wasn't ready for that. Fucking flying whales.

Was a good purchase. Better than the thought of ordering some cider to enjoy. 

I did something really shortsighted and spent way too much money on records while visiting a friend in Georgia.

Things I got new: Nightfly - Donald Fagen, Smooth Noodle Maps - DEVO, Blue Velvet Soundtrack - Angelo Badalamenti

Things I got used: Gaucho - Steely Dan, Flag - Yello, I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project, Primitive Love - Miami Sound Machine

And a very thick stack of trash from the wall of bargain bins including one of the funniest records I've bought. It sounds like music from the worst licensed SNES game you've never played and I implore you to take a listen.

When we got back to the friend's apartment we were demoing everything we bought and when we put this on the turntable we were astounded. One of the best $1 purchases of my life.

A license plate registration renewal that suddenly showed up in my mailbox:

lprenewal-2021.png

So much for upgrading this computer any time in the next few months.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, donzela said:

I bought Quake 1 mission packs.

Hide contents

By the way, i liked them very much!

Which ones?

2 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

Which ones?

Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity!

52 minutes ago, donzela said:

Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity!

You should check out Malice if you haven't yet.

The stock earpads that came with my Corsair HS50 were wearing out, so I bought a new pair

Two problems occurred:

Despite being told it would arrive earlier than expected, there was carrier delay on the day it was to be delivered because it was sent to the WRONG CARRIER FACILITY. Thankfully, it arrived today without issues.

The second problem was I had issues getting the stock earpads' plastic attachments to fit onto my headphones with the new pads on them. I had to use scotch tape just to secure them so they wouldn't fall off. And the YouTube tutorials didn't do matters either :(

1 hour ago, Spooner5020 said:

You should check out Malice if you haven't yet.

Thanks for telling me; I didn't know that this mission pack existed!

Last thing I bought was a small bag of Piattos Chips, Sour Cream & Onion flavor at a sari-sari store (basically a convenience store in the neighborhood). Costs about 15 pesos and tastes pretty good.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXcunc3bPwTo2kQhugt7U

My last purchase was a Mossberg 590 shotgun.  12-gauge, chambered for 2-3/4" and 3" shells, 6+1 capacity.

Why, you ask?  I'm going on vacation in bear country.

I bought a mouse, but I broke it because of CS:GO.

Tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic cloves, onions, mushrooms, Italian sausage, flour, eggs, French bread, whipped butter, Italian herbs, Romaine and iceberg lettuce, wine vinegar, olive oil, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese (Spaghetti and meatballs served with salad and garlic bread).

On 7/21/2021 at 10:23 PM, Lüt said:

lprenewal-2021.png

Yup. They will gouge the shit out of your wallet that's for sure.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:23 AM, Lüt said:

lprenewal-2021.png

Tell me about it! It's gotten so ridiculous over the years, I remember paying around forty dollars for a renewal here in Florida about 12-14 years ago. Now I pay $130.

7 hours ago, donzela said:

Thanks for telling me; I didn't know that this mission pack existed!

I’m gonna assume you also didn’t know there was an X-Men Quake mission pack?