Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

2x bang miami cola and one pack of the cursed american death weed tubes (cajun pesticide variety). of course i regret. i continue to show my circulatory and respiratory systems the utmost disrespect. i suffer for chemical's sake. ive tried to quit the latter at least 6 times now since december, trying again in a couple of days. hate it

Impulse purchase of four paperback novels by Philip Ball (a British science writer):

• Invisible: The Dangerous Allure of the Unseen
  • The Water Kingdom: A Secret History of China
  • Beyond Weird: Why Everything You Knew About Quantum Physics is Different
  • How to Grow a Human: Adventures in Who We Are and How We Are Made

A group 34 battery for the wife's Jeep.  I've spent $320 on batteries this week :X

Some maintenance work on the Volvo (fixing a fuel leak), which was almost instantly refunded when they realized that the relevant part of the vehicle had recent enough work done on it that it was still under warranty. Or something like that. I wasn't going to argue. :)

Other than that, hand-flaked cat treats that Tippy likes. But one day late for her birthday.

IMG_20220405_105130.jpg.71058996dbf168d5b3d2a0fa3f715b96.jpg

I've enjoyed Yooka-Laylee so much, I figured I'd get the follow up, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

I was in luck. Steam had it separately on sale for $7-something, but I bought the Buddy Duo Bundle, which included the Impossible Lair (but not Yooka-Laylee, since I already have Yooka-Laylee installed.)

That made the price of the Buddy Duo Bundle $6.37.

Oddly, my SSD seems to be getting smaller in disk size...

On 3/30/2022 at 4:20 AM, DrWho42 said:

monster energy aussie lemonade flavour

As an Aussie, I can tell you that Aussie Lemonade is not an actual thing. :)

That said, it's a pity we don't have that flavor of monster energy in Australia, as I would totally try it.

Last purchase was a 25 buck apple gift card to get doom, doom2 and escapists 2 for my iphone. all other money went to something else

So the Devilman Crybaby set arrived, and like, what a beast. Home retail releases be serious business in Japan.

I will enjoying watching it again; without needing to rely on Netflix, no way in hell am I content to allow a piece of Devilman media be caged like that; and well, god this was the only anime series I cared about in the last like 5 or 6 years. It's not everything I wished it was but it's certainly enough, and it does have a lot of cool animation work, I was fine with the style for the most part. Thankfully I'd seen (and liked) Kemonozume so I was prepared for it. 

Bought my own rapier and the rubber tips for it. Had been using my friend's extra sword up to now which is just one of the cheaper economy swords which is plenty good especially for learning, nothing wrong with em, but I've been doing this long enough now and would be nice to have my own so my friend can actually use hers more often or let someone else new borrow it. Could have gotten an economy one for around 210, but wanted one a little more optimized to the way I fight and of course maybe a little fancy, so cost me about 580 and I'm fine with that. Of course I just bought the thing. Parts have to be made so it's gonna be a couple months before it actually gets here.

An Xbox Series X

Games so far? Doom Eternal, Doom 2016, Doom 3, Resident Evil Village, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Ion Fury, and also my eyes lit up when I spotted Perfect Dark's remaster still on my account. 

Two bags of unsweetened, dried Montmorency cherries and a tube of medicinal barrier cream for a pressure sore I've got on my leg (urgh).

71avzJNAOkS._SL1500_.jpg

I recently purchased the infamous Russian indie nightmare "Pathologic" On a steam sale. Haven't played it yet though, I'm too scared.

(Thanks Hbomberguy)

Edited by StarSpun5000

1117363170_Screenshot2022-04-1510_36_35PM.png.181457fdfbec1fecc34ec44477646168.png

I wanted to spice my desk up a bit so I ordered this little fella on Etsy, should come in about a week.

18 hours ago, Sena said:

Got these devious little creatures. Only 5000 yen for the lot.

kfmHQv9.jpg

Most anime bounces off me these days, but that hit me right in the nostalgia.

Not sure if revisiting it is a good idea...