• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

A dog:

u6ksmDk.jpg

eElWiSR.jpg

These are the shelter pictures of her, I don't have any good pictures yet. I've been too busy trying to deal with a new doggo in the house. But it's really nice to have another dog, I really missed having one around. I absolutely love the cat, but there's something special about a dog.

And yes, she has perked up quite a bit from that second picture. Wagging her tail around and pretending like she's a boss. Can't imagine why her original owners didn't claim her, or have her chipped.

Their loss, my gain I suppose. And hopefully hers.

Edit:

CdVFbLg.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to explain to her that she's sleeping where I sleep. She doesn't seem to understand this concept.

But her post-adoption initial wellness exam went great today. She's healthy, nothing wrong. So that's really good.

Edited by Jello

On 4/20/2022 at 10:03 AM, Daytime Waitress said:

Most anime bounces off me these days, but that hit me right in the nostalgia.

Not sure if revisiting it is a good idea...

In my humble and highly biased view, it's a good idea. He who is tired of Azumanga Daioh, is tired of life.

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun, Volume 0

I know that title sounds super weird but it's actually a really cool supernatural story about urban legends. The reason for the name is the named character in question is very loosely based on the Japanese urban legend "Hanako of the toilet", only in this story Hanako is a boy and grants wishes. This volume is interesting because it contains the original version of the story, since it was meant to just be a short 3-chapter oneshot, so this is the original self-contained one-shot and it's very interesting to see this alternate version of how it all began. Plus it comes with the mangaka's debut oneshot "My Dear Living Dead" (honestly that story's concept would make a really cool manga series in and of itself). 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:54 AM, Jello said:

These are the shelter pictures of her, I don't have any good pictures yet. I've been too busy trying to deal with a new doggo in the house. But it's really nice to have another dog, I really missed having one around. I absolutely love the cat, but there's something special about a dog.

Any of the cat?

On 4/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jello said:

lly trying to figure out how to explain to her that she's sleeping where I sleep. She doesn't seem to understand this concept.

But her post-adoption initial wellness exam went great today. She's healthy, nothing wrong. So that's really good.

No no, you are not understanding :P

She sleeps where her family and loved ones are sleeping.

My Cats fought long Time about who can sleep in the Angles of my Legs.

They arranged with = male one Legs, female one somewhere near my upper Body at her own Cat Bed.

@Kokoro Hane

Isn't that the Legend also featured in some Zelda Games, where Hand comes out of the Toilet :P

Majoras Mask and some of the Capcom Zeldas have that.

3 hours ago, RandoBust said:

Any of the cat?

Oh I've posted a bunch of them in other pet/cat threads, but to sate your curiosity, here she is being fierce:

vwCOCku.jpg

Or she might just be yawning.

And a piping hot bowl of kitty:

Y2thEDv.jpg

Edited by Jello

My phone decided to try fighting the hardest boss of every Souls game ever: gravity.  Of course, it expertly landed on the stupid curved glass part of the screen where nothing can protect it except odds of winning the lottery (yes, I could have gotten it repaired but the cost of doing that exceeded the cost of what I ended up buying without the wait for parts and service).

Got a new phone today... money I wish I didn't have to spend. :/

GQl4iza.jpg

BMrKGpF.jpg

Tek Wat

Obviously I've heard of the game and how bad it allegedly is (never played it myself but it looks doubleplus unfun), but I never knew it was based on something else. For two dollars, my curiosity was the more powerful force and I couldn't resist. I have to know. I'll read it this weekend, the first fiction I'll have read in about a year other than maybe Calvin and Hobbes or CNN. I have very low expectations, so maybe it will surprise me.

The ZOE HD collection on the Microsoft store... and because of what happened I have bought a physical copy of the 360 MGS collection off of Ebay. 

Be cool to play these again. I do have MGS1 on gog which maybe I should as well. 

I bought a Yamaha MU128. Having been bought on ebay through a japanese seller, it's gonna take some time to get over to me, but I can't wait to get it. I wanted a companion/rival GM playback module to my Roland SC-88 and it looks like it'll fit the bill.

Might not be the perfect match for Doom but I've always had a soft spot for the Yamaha XG sounds of the 90s. 

desc_405990-0-w325-h433.jpg

Oh, it’s about all kind of fake-news and propaganda.

20220506_104328.jpg.724fc755f78b982d85220f46d4e2e55d.jpg

Goodwill had this rice cooker a few weeks ago for $8 USD, so I snagged it. Works pretty well! Still easier to just microwave a bowl of oats to get my grains in though, so that's mostly what I've been doing.

Also pictured: some oats.

Edited by Smouths

A couple of filets of sockeye salmon, which have since been put through the smoker.  Love me some smoked salmon. MM-mm good.

81+3HCHpuNL._AC_SY500_.jpg

Much like Wild Guns Reloaded before it, it's tougher than the SNES game. Still, a brand new Switch game for £15. Can't sniff at that.

5 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

What are you most excited to bust open?

I don't rightly know. You see, each ADPack comes with MIDI grooves that are interchangeable between the kits. I'm as interested to see what new grooves came with the ADPacks as I am what drum kits came with them. That said, I'm very interested in the Black Oyster and the Modern Soul and R&B - those are new to my library, and I want to know how the grooves I already have match up to the new kits.

A medical-grade footstool. To help me elevate my legs so they (hopefully) won't keep swelling all the time. Long story.

I4kDHTXkP2PwrJJc-320x320.jpg

EDIT: Purchase cancelled. The vendor wrote and said the product has been "discontinued by the manufacturer." They refunded the charge to my credit card.

Edited by leejacksonaudio

Spinner by Brian Eno and Jah Wobble

Really interesting album, bought it on Bandcamp and got the vinyl copy. 

Some peanut M&Ms

A Morely wah / volume pedal for my guitar setup - needed a volume pedal for my Robert Fripp Imitation Shenanigans and my old wah was broken. Got a two in one. This is a way better design, no treadle pot to get dirty, no string to break, small size, etc. Worth it if you gig like I do. 

I think I got a few more records recently, I'll probably buy some King Crimson next. I really need to own their stuff physically.