Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

Elden Ring (PS4 Version)

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - GOTY Edition (PS4)

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (PS5 Version)

DOOM Eternal Digital Deluxe Edition (PS5 Version)

Edited by Lemonzest

It has been a long ass time since I have bought a game, but today that changed. I noticed Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom was 50% off on GoG, so I picked it up. It will be a while before I get to playing it, but the price was nice.

A bootleg Motion Plus Inside Wiimote that sucks, and a nunchuk. You can't point with this thing, and Swordplay in Wii Sports Resort is unplayable.

So yeah, some time ago I bought a Yamaha MU128. Then, trying to update it through the arcane arts of MIDI, I sadly bricked it. I sadly had to swallow this loss but persevered and got a Yamaha MU1000. I updated this one but everything went fine this time, hurrah!

So here's a pic of it being turned on with Kirby being on top of it and while being on top of my Roland SC-88. Can't wait to use this for MIDI composing.

IMG_0691.jpg

I got Daisy a new rope toy, she seems to enjoy it.

58Uv7xw.jpg

hFc3HNK.jpg

Money well spent.

bean and rice tubes from taco bell for nutrients. swirly pop (x2) and voodoo ranger (x2) for addict (me).
thankfully i havent had any ciggies in 3 months as of today! it has been replaced with less frequent skunky bread water instead (still not great)

1 hour ago, heliumlamb said:

bean and rice tubes from taco bell for nutrients. swirly pop (x2) and voodoo ranger (x2) for addict (me).
thankfully i havent had any ciggies in 3 months as of today! it has been replaced with less frequent skunky bread water instead (still not great)

Voodoo Ranger slaps. You try Juice Force yet? My new favorite IPA.

3 hours ago, BigBoy91 said:

Voodoo Ranger slaps. You try Juice Force yet? My new favorite IPA.

ive had at least 13 cans of it so far i'm still trying to figure what exactly the juice in the Juice Force is. my guess is mango and/or orange?

1 of 1000 copies of By The Time I Get To Phoenix by Injury Reserve on vinyl

image.png.17bb77d40ef2dd0ca7b13555c974248b.png

On 7/17/2022 at 10:02 AM, anon said:

i remember playing that years ago & liked the gritty cyberpunk setting but dropped it for reasons unknown, i think it's because i got stuck in a stinky sewer section 

40 minutes ago, Majin said:

i remember playing that years ago & liked the gritty cyberpunk setting but dropped it for reasons unknown, i think it's because i got stuck in a stinky sewer section 

I really enjoyed the firefights, and never had the apparently-common problem with the limited enemy roster, but I never finished it because I felt that the levels dragged on a fair bit and were kind of samey. I distinctly remember dropping it before the Haskel Mansion, which I thoroughly enjoyed in the demo, as a motivator along the lines of, "well, at least I'll come back to a part of it I like". Fuck me, that was three years ago...

10 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

I really enjoyed the firefights, and never had the apparently-common problem with the limited enemy roster, but I never finished it because I felt that the levels dragged on a fair bit and were kind of samey. I distinctly remember dropping it before the Haskel Mansion, which I thoroughly enjoyed in the demo, as a motivator along the lines of, "well, at least I'll come back to a part of it I like". Fuck me, that was three years ago...

i vaguely remember the levels feeling "samey". all i remember was the disco club you start in, the alleyways below & the sewer section as stated, the level design was lacking and confusing from what i remembered

Alien novelization. The Shining novel. Metroid Dread. Myst journal. Thats many things, but I ordered them together adsfsad

38 minutes ago, Majin said:

i vaguely remember the levels feeling "samey". all i remember was the disco club you start in, the alleyways below & the sewer section as stated, the level design was lacking and confusing from what i remembered

lmao I definitely ragequit in those sewers at the start, when the game just suddenly introduced momentum-based wind "puzzles" with insta-death industrial fans.

The levels get better from that opening point, playing to the game's Build strengths of shootouts in realistic environments. But even in office blocks or subway stations, it can still feel like it makes you meander a little too much. I don't think it helps the level design when there are tonnes of secrets that are only worth uncovering to get 100% secrets - a handful of armour shards here, a couple of shells there. You can explore, and the world does feel more fleshed out as a result, but it's not incentivised very well. Maybe, though, I just played too much of it across too short a time span, because level length was definitely the killer for me.

Still, it is something I want to go back to eventually, because the lock-on starting weapon and shotgun variations, coupled with the cover-seeking/flanking AI, felt really, really good.