Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

I just got Hands of Necromancy on Steam, another GZdoom game inspired by Heretic and Hexen. Seems neat on first impression. 

On 10/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, DrWho42 said:

a1703513035_16.jpg

Caught this live at End of the Road this year (a random pick based on the shockingly boring name), saw so much music that over the 4 days that I forgot to revisit some on return, including this.

Just bought the latest in a ridiculously long line of headphone jack to USB-C adapters. I don't know what it is with these things, it doesn't seem on the surface that getting from a 1/4 jack to USB-C should be an insurmountable engineering challenge but I buy a different brand each time and none of them last. They are dogshit. Had the same issue with 3.5mm to lightning on my ancient iPhone too. It's some kind of conspiracy from Big Bluetooth, I swear.

I got Telling Lies for a discount on Steam. Can't wait to play it some more, since I really liked the previous Sam Barlow game (Her Story).

Today I bought an original 1974 pressing of Before the Flood by Bob Dylan and the Band and an original pressing of Exposure by Robert Fripp (I'm a King Crimson nut). All in all it was like 20 bucks for three discs in great condition. Oh and I got some sour cream for dinner.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, hybridial said:

I just got Hands of Necromancy on Steam, another GZdoom game inspired by Heretic and Hexen. Seems neat on first impression. 

Ahh, thanks for the reminder. I had it in my wish list but had forgotten about it. So I just grabbed it.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:31 AM, grabien said:

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 12.31.16.png

That's not exactly the one i wanted at the beginning, but according to this source (kindle customer service), it is even better version.

I never owed an electronic book before but on my last trip realized that it is too difficult to carry couple of books in my backpack all the times.

Let's see how it goes.

One of my favorite electronic items. Have had my paperwhite since 2014 and it is still working perfectly.

Make sure you get familiar with Calibre, makes it super easy to sideload documents and convert things to make it compatible with Kindle.

A purple iPad Mini.

I never particularly intended to become an iZombie, but I needed it to test my company's app, which had run into problems with the latest iOS update. I have to admit that it is quite a nice device though.

Otherwise, groceries and stuff, as well as a back cover replacement for my phone, which got a bit cracked recently in Bolivia.

I bought Dead Island Definitive Edition on Steam for a price lesser than a bag of crisps.

5 hours ago, roadworx said:

what is wrong with me

Spoiler

20221105_144823.jpg

We don't judge here.

Spoiler

Because you didn't say how much you paid for the privilege of having a seizure.

Just bought Papers, Please on Steam. I really liked Return of the Obra Dinn, really curious to try this previous offering by Lucas Pope.

9 minutes ago, MrFroz said:

Just bought Papers, Please on Steam. I really liked Return of the Obra Dinn, really curious to try this previous offering by Lucas Pope.

Return of the Obra Dinn is much better in my opinion and way more of a chill experience than Papers, Please; having to work with an absurdly short time limit that feels not just arbitrary but also rather unrealistic, which kept breaking the immersion for me.

Purchased IMMORTALITY on Steam - really curious to try this one out, given how much I enjoyed the previous two Sam Barlow games.

Bought the Definitive Edition of Tekken 7 now that it's being discounted at -85% on Steam. I already had the base game, but without any DLC the experience was a bit limited. Strange that they don't give you the chance to upgrade from one edition to another, I had to remove the game from my account first in order to purchase the version with all DLCs, or else buying all of the DLC separately would have costed me many times as much.

13 hours ago, MrFroz said:

Bought the Definitive Edition of Tekken 7 now that it's being discounted at -85% on Steam. I already had the base game, but without any DLC the experience was a bit limited. Strange that they don't give you the chance to upgrade from one edition to another, I had to remove the game from my account first in order to purchase the version with all DLCs, or else buying all of the DLC separately would have costed me many times as much.

I picked it up recently, too, and you're right that DLC for it is an absolute bloody mess.

Legit question for anyone who's worked with the Steam store, publishing their own stuff or whatever: how hard is it to create some sort of "complete the set" bundle that will recognise what's already in your library and adjust prices accordingly? Is it a big pain the arse to implement? Or does a company the size of Bamco just not care about clarifying purchases for their potential consumers?

@MrFroz Who you maining?

I found a copy of the Star Wars Episode I Racer/Republic Commando bundle for the Switch for like 20 dollars. For all of the faults that Republic Commando has, it's still a wonderful game that scratches that itch I got from Rainbow Six Vegas.

Last purchase game wise: Wasteland 2

Last purchase walmart wise: Milk and cereal, with a large bag of FUEGO takis and trash bags, also paired with batteries 

Last purchase weapon wise: A couple of years ago i got a pistol but now my brother has it.

Last purchase in general: The walmart wise purchase

On 11/19/2022 at 10:40 PM, Daytime Waitress said:

I picked it up recently, too, and you're right that DLC for it is an absolute bloody mess.

@MrFroz Who you maining?

Kinda rivals The Sims 3 for "DLC that is very expensive for what it has to offer and pricey in spite of how old the game is and how much of that content should have been part of the main game from the go" were it not for the fact that it still is 50% more cheaper than The Sims 3's DLC and the game is not as old.

I am just trying out the characters for the moment. I definitely enjoyed playing a lot with Armor King so far.

Bought two Steam games: SIMULACRA (really liked this one) and Batman: The Telltale Series.

65" LG 4K OLED TV

Dolby Vision capable Sony 4K Blu Ray player

Yamaha receiver

Klipsch reference 5.1 home theater speakers

Can't wait to watch some 4K Blu Rays on this setup. I already had a 4K player and a 4K LED TV, but this new setup should be a massive upgrade. Going to watch these on 4K Blu:
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition trilogy

Dune (the good Denis Villeneuve version, not the hot garbage David Lynch version)

Blade Runner 2049

Arrival

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

The Batman

Dredd

The Fifth Element
Atomic Blonde

Those are some of the best-rated 4K discs as far as picture quality goes. Should be enough to put the new equipment to good use.

Just waiting for it all to arrive.

Steel is N695. Short review:

Pros:

- Near indestructible. Short of CPM-M4, this thing is both hard AND reliable. Normally hard steel is brittle, but not this one. I can use this thing to rock-climb. It supports my weight, it's resistant to shock.
- Keeps sharp. The same hardness that makes it near indestructible, also makes the edge exceptionally good at retaining the sharpening.

Cons:

- Sharp angle of the edge. It's a near 45 degree angle, making sharpening this knife by hand near impossible. And even if that wouldn't be a problem, N695 is too hard to sharpen by hand. You really want diamond sharpeners. Preferably automated ones.

DSCN1946.JPG

Edited by CFWMagic