Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

17.5" x 12" Magnetic Board because we have run out of room on the fridge for fridge magnets. We've also run out of cupboard space for souvenir mugs*, and table top space for ceramic coasters is coming under pressure too.

* Unfortunately, some of the national parks/monuments we went to recently had really good selections of Deneen mugs, so the plan of not buying as many as usual went out of the window. Surprisingly, the very remote Chiricahua National Monument had the best variety (colours, shapes and motifs) I have so far seen at one location.

Drank some beer. Went to Steam...

Now own Call of Juarez and Project Warlock

I may even play them at some point.

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

Project Warlock 

I enjoyed that one a lot, Pro-tip:

Spoiler

Buy Bloodthirst skill as soon as you can! Essential for higher difficulties.

I believe that would be a pack of cigarettes.
If we're not including that type of stuff, and more interesting things to talk about, then I'd tell you I bought a Harmonica. It's cheap, made in China, but plays well for someone who just wants a musical instrument for the sake of having something to fill the void in their life with. And it does it pretty damn well; it's very fun to play and is relatively easy to learn songs for because of how low the bar is for the physical difficulty of playing it, in comparison to per se a Guitar. I'd recommend buying one if you want a simple instrument to play.

My latest purchase, is a little clubhouse diy wood playhouse.
  We thought long and hard about the decision, because it's not a small investment in a child, and we made up our minds.
A great idea to introduce more of your child to interacting with nature is to buy a little clubhouse diy wood playhouse for your child.
 Last year we bought our child a handmade wooden playhouse, it is still in good condition, of course it needs care, but our baby was incredibly happy.
  He plays in this house all the time, and for parents, the most important thing is to keep the child happy.
  Now in quarantine, thanks to the playhouse in the yard, our baby spends a lot of time outdoors instead of being cooped up at home.
  It is very important for a child to be outdoors often, it is a growing body.
   It's very important for our baby to get outdoors often, because it's a growing body, and it's very important for the baby to get outdoors.

Edited by Panterafff

most days the answer to this thread is tobacco (rolling tobacco or rolling papers or filters). Unless beer counts, I also buy a lot of that bit mostly on weekends.

Other than that, probably tickets to the concert I went to last Friday (three Portuguese stoner bands, Earth drive, Asimov and the Black Wizards) 

13 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Wanted one for years.

20211104_111752.jpg

Nice, I've wanted a mitre saw for years, well around here we call them chop saws. Just never had a place to put one, so I've made due with saw horses and cordless circular saws or hand saws. They're useful and fun tools though, just don't cut your fingers off with it. And given the wattage, make sure it's plugged into a receptacle with 10 gauge wire and a 30 amp circuit breaker. And you may well know that, but those things draw quite a bit of electricity.

Edited by Jello

Oooh, well I bought some Lego for my kids (well, me really...). I also just got the last 5 Complete Judge Dredd Chronicles - up to 37 now. Might start on Rogue Trooper next...

15 hours ago, Jello said:

Nice, I've wanted a mitre saw for years, well around here we call them chop saws. Just never had a place to put one, so I've made due with saw horses and cordless circular saws or hand saws. They're useful and fun tools though, just don't cut your fingers off with it. And given the wattage, make sure it's plugged into a receptacle with 10 gauge wire and a 30 amp circuit breaker. And you may well know that, but those things draw quite a bit of electricity.

Thanks. I spoke to a builder friend and he said it'll be fine here just on a regular mains. Perhaps where you live is different?

A new desktop computer [i9, 2TB SSD, 16GB RAM, RTX 3080]

A curved MSI monitor

Some Logitech Z623 speakers

10 packs of Tim Horton's hockey cards

:)

Edited by Arrowhead