Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

32 piece Cliptucky Fried Chicken Special! (megawad of tiny maps) - Now on ID games!

I think MAP06 is broken in Gzdoom 4.5.0. I let crush the baron, but as soon as walk close to the main room, the mastermind becomes active. I don't even enter the room, it can see me while I'm still in the narrow red corridor.

13 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

I think MAP06 is broken in Gzdoom 4.5.0. I let crush the baron, but as soon as walk close to the main room, the mastermind becomes active. I don't even enter the room, it can see me while I'm still in the narrow red corridor.

I really don't understand why

This has never happened to me or anybody else that I've seen from the videos

If anybody has any technical know how about this let me know because I'm stumped

The odd thing is, it depends on whether I shoot the lone barrel in the red corridor or not. If I shoot it and then go back to the bars (linedef 86), the mastermind immediately sees me. But if I let baron set off the barrel, the map works as intended. Maybe it would help to set linedef 86 etc. as sound-blocking? Or are the players supposed to never shoot any weapon anywhere?

17 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

The odd thing is, it depends on whether I shoot the lone barrel in the red corridor or not. If I shoot it and then go back to the bars (linedef 86), the mastermind immediately sees me. But if I let baron set off the barrel, the map works as intended. Maybe it would help to set linedef 86 etc. as sound-blocking? Or are the players supposed to never shoot any weapon anywhere?

It's not broken then. It's a weird map where yes if you don't make a sound there are ways to kill every single Monster around

I wasn't trying to rhyme there

Every week I'm going to be releasing a full map reveal so stay tuned for that when I get to 6 ☺️

Here is the final part of my playthrough. My recording was messed up near to the end of map30, so there is a strange jump there, but you don't miss any content - just me walking to the yellow door. These maps weren't as difficult or frustrating as map26 and 27, but the Covid-shot really messed with my rocket-dodging. 
No annoying pain-elementals in far away towers, too, luckely. And the ending was over before I realized what was happening. Obviously I didn't get 100% kills on the final level.

@Pistoolkip thank you SO much for completing my maps - this is the first time I seen footage of the final maps in action - I am glad everything appeared to work

You did amazing very fun to watch!

BTW, are those unicorns supposed to do anything? I mean apart from running around the map at breakneck speed?

11 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

BTW, are those unicorns supposed to do anything? I mean apart from running around the map at breakneck speed?

They drop an item

48 minutes ago, Caleb13 said:

they drop a megasphere when killed... suffice to say... I killed every..last..one.. of them on sight when I played this megawad

I DO like the weirdness factor a lot in this megawad ... also, we need more pink stuff in DOOM, like that shopping mall level

There! I finally got my hands on this! So far the chicken tastes so good lol :)

@Astro X thank you so much for the video very well done! 

Interesting that you're taking on the pistol start challenge - the maps will get very difficult on pistol start

Also congratulations on finding all the secrets! The aspect of secrets and doom is one of my favorite things and I really love hiding them

As for the sky I'm not sure what's going on there if it has to do with your version of gzdoom or something with a graphic card or what's going on. Wish I had the answer

Anyway I think the maps get much better later on when I have more monsters to work with too haha

Good stuff 💪😁🥓

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I will have to see about hosting this WAD on my Zandronum server.

Oh man you're cool

I did totally integrate multiplayer into this but with no exception it would ever actually be used :O

I did some pretty mean stuff too with some additional monsters that appear in that setting

extra weapon inventory for more players etc was considered as well

Basically my rule of map x = monster count x is thrown out the window in multi

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

Oh man you're cool

I did totally integrate multiplayer into this but with no exception it would ever actually be used :O

I did some pretty mean stuff too with some additional monsters that appear in that setting

extra weapon inventory for more players etc was considered as well

Basically my rule of map x = monster count x is thrown out the window in multi

I play it with Complex Doom.

2 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I tried hosting it on Zandronum but I get an error message saying that the wad is not found (I use Sentinel's Playground for hosting servers).

hmmm I only tested it on Gzdoom

tbh I have no familiarity at all with Zandronum  it sounded Gzdoomish

oh well thanks anyway

On 8/15/2021 at 9:02 AM, Walter confetti said:

Very fun megawad, the gimmick premise is pretty cool!

Hey thank you so much! I always wanted to make a megawad but knew I could never pull it off with real sized maps. This monster count limit I thunk up made it happen - allowed me to experiment with all sorts of little ideas per map and helped me get creative with self imposed limitations. I'm glad to hear ppl had fun playing it as I had fun making it

GUESS WHAT IT'S SATURDAY: time to reveal another map:

And now you know the rest of the story

@Pseudonaut also did a super impressive speed run of this map - and destroyed a lot of my par times. If you're ever bored and want to smash more of my times I will gladly update my map with the new records upon video proof :D

Good times

@Astro X nice video glad see ya back here

Just above I released the map 6 reveal vid - it shows the secret which you may be glad you didn't look for it - it's way too hidden. But I was very happy and impressed you solved my puzzle!

Are you using an outdated version of Gzdoom or have a weird graphics card or something? It's strange, you and @sectrslayr have the same horrible visual fuckery on map 7 that nobody else had

LOL map 8 - man I felt your pain - good to see my finale trap work so well but damn - 6% and dead at the exit switch - you also got lucky on first run despite that as you chose the hardest approach - good job! The sigil eyes were total red herrings - shooting them does nothing. Glad you found it eventually - it is accessible from the start - "went too far with secrets" I usually do lol - I love secrets!

Map 9 & pistol start - bold move - it gets way harder the higher up you try pistol start - but all beatable. Kudos on killing the Archie with only 2 rockets - I never tried that one. You can fall in the acid - behind each structure is a teleport with green armour and health but you melted before you got there

PS "Cacodemon Money", "Chaingun Money" etc lol - you must have been watchin a lot of my vids lol

@Clippy you went way too far with the secrets this time wth

On 8/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, Clippy said:

you must have been watchin a lot of my vids lol

yea I may have watched a couple lollll man you're hilarious

@Astro X thank you so much for the video

Yes those secrets are very hard to find but if you stay tuned I am going to reveal each map per week as time goes on

Map 13 was a mind game huh. I can't believe you fell into one of those little slots I've never seen that happen or been able to pull it off 

I'm glad you found a little hole to shoot the Archie and map 14 I don't think anybody else did that

Interesting that we chose the same music and yes I do plan on playing more of your map sometime I'm just so bogged down right now

Megawad.... tiny maps.... YES. I am gonna play this! I had thought of doing something like that myself in the future. This looks like a lot of fun and I loved the video you made about it haha.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:04 AM, Kokoro Hane said:

Megawad.... tiny maps.... YES. I am gonna play this! I had thought of doing something like that myself in the future. This looks like a lot of fun and I loved the video you made about it haha.

Thanks - making a megawad is a daunting task unless you cheat like me and fill it with tiny adventures - good luck if you also attempt this!

Happy Fried Chicken Friday - time to reveal another map!

Here is map 10 totally inspired by captains America elevator fight 

You guys should try the no megasphere challenge 

It's not fun