Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

The Bestest In 2002

Over at The Doomer's Recess you can find c-cooper's list of 2002's best wads, ranging from single maps to large TCs. The list is 22 long and contains gems such as 2002: A Doom Odyssey, Caverns of Darkness, CH-Retro, and Nimrod. Be sure to check it out and make sure you didn't miss some of the best stuff of the past year. Because then where would you be. Out in the dark, that's where. Way to be left behind! Thanks to the frads at Doom Center.

RetroEps, Ritesmit, and Ch_ep2 should be on that list.
great list though. I'm too lazy, but I'd like to see a list of the best releases of each year chronologically from 1994. really put the scope and quality of some works (Mordeth, for example) in perspective.

Hey wait, wasnt Alien Vendetta made in 2002? Or was it 2001? If it was 2001 then just smack me.

/me slaps myself in the forehead...hard!

How the hell could I forget AV.wad and Ritemsit.wad! I had promised myself not to do that! Dumb-ass! Well in short, they are there now.

I'm not on there, this year shall be my rise in fame! Ahahahhahahahahhahhhhahhahhahahah.

Neither am I (surprisingly, given my late 2002 release) but never mind, this year might (but probably not) be my rise in fame.... (but you'll have to wait a long time for my next wad)

Mine isn't on there either, but that's normal considering it's not a Doom wad.

I'm very pleased to see the original version Wasted 1 on the list :) One thing though, Chris' "mini review" say the level needs a source port, but it actually runs fine with doom2.exe :)

Same thing as Nick, my wad "One bloody night" runs fine with the original game. There is about one vpo in the whole thing, and you will probably never notice it unless you really try to find it.

I felt like biatching ya'll, so I made the list! The list I tell's ya!As irritating as possible! And sourceports are nice, ya here! Nice! I use 'em all the time! So I feel like writing those wads need a sourceport! Sourceports are spot on! Head on the nail! Superb! Fiddily dididly and spottily spottily!! Hmmph!

Retaliate fools! Retaliaaaaate!

;-)

Epyo said:

I'm not on there, this year shall be my rise in fame! Ahahahhahahahahhahhhhahhahhahahah.

I'm with you! Except I only released like two levels all year ^_^

I only released two levels all year, and both of them are on this list :P

Cyb said:

That's because Mike Watson = 1337 Ownage.

Cyb said:

heh, same here.

Cyb said:

Bah. Ruin my self-esteem will you :P

Hey, I've only been mapping for less than a year though =)

Yeah, like, what the hell was I thinking!? Kids these days...

And btw. Alien Vendetta was released late 2001, and didn't make it to my 2001 GDR list because I hadn't played the whole thing through. Then they re-released it late 2002 as I was putting the finishing touches on the 2002 GDR list. I then kinda forgot to put it in in all my work eager... at first. But as I've already declared, it's there now.

That about concludes it, doesn't it? Or does someone want to know what lies in store for the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode 3? Here's a hint, his future is dark...

Hyena said:

Where's 1337.wad ????

Don't worry, I'm sure Mock 2 will make it onto the 2003 GDR list, especially with me on board...

(btw, I've done the first map, but I've got to play Underworld episode 1 and probably TVR as well, so it'll be a while before I start the other map)

Sign in to follow this