Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

What's Your Favorite Band Ever?

. . . and David Bowie, Alice In Chains, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, MC5, The Stooges, Iggy Pop, Grand Funk Railroad, The New York Dolls, The Doors, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Laibach, Surgikal Penis Klinik, KMFDM, Rammstein, Metallica, Menace, Crucifix, St. Vincent, Temples, The Flaming Lips, Big Black, Ministry, Turbonegro, The Talking Heads, The Effigies, The Bags, The Wipers, The Accused, The Refuzors, The Undertones, The Thirteenth Floor Elevators, Yes, Pink Floyd, The Who, and . . . omg, my brain is frazzing out! ;D

Edited by Steve D

Well my favorites are a bunch lol.

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar

Live

Blues traveler

Static x

Smashing pumpkins

Linkin Park

Horse the band

Mastodon

Nirvana

Disturbed

Clutch

Hoobastank

Drowning pool

That's all I can think of but I sure have alot more than that.

I have yet to encounter a group I adore more than Unfathomable Ruination. Not only do they display both dizzying technicality and stomach-churning brutality (frequently simultaneously), but they are capable of crafting some of the most dynamic, fluid, memorable and downright catchy death metal songs I've ever heard, along with creating one of my favourite records of all time, Finitude. Everything flows together exceptionally well with not a moment wasted or feeling filler-y, an impressive feat considering the sheer deluge of riffs they spew forth. There are individual albums that come close to reaching that level of riffcraft and songwriting proficiency (Faceless Burial's Speciation comes to mind, which strikes me as an OSDM-ified take on Ruination's style), but to maintain this standard across a whole discography is astounding. Granted, they are a mere three albums and two EPs in, but still! I struggle to see how any band will top these guys, at least in my books.

Spoiler

Some of my favorite bands/artists in no particular order:

• Slipknot
  • Lamb of God
  • Machine Head
  • Haken
  • Leprous
  • Yousei Teikoku
  • Steven Wilson
  • Ningen Isu
  • Devin Townsend
  • Gojira
  • Meshuggah

I'd probably go with Laibach, especially 1980-1994.  They're the only band I like so much musically and find so fascinating conceptually that I wrote a poli sci paper about them

Also tell me this isn't some hilarious shit right here

image.png.1031edf133c62815bcfd97aa18b6edd1.png

i always betray my favourite band every time I'm asked

so rn it's parliament-funkadelic in all their forms

Band?! What is that? :D

I mean I mainly listen to electronic music, so I'd call them single artists and not bands per se.

So with that definition... I dunno. I used to listen to a ton of Kid2Will and Dimrain47 back in the days and they still hold a special place in my heart but without new releases it's hard to say I'm a fan of them... if that makes sense.

Other batch is F-777 aka Jesse Valentine and TheFatRat.

And my newest (so I discovered them in the last 5 years) artists are NeuroWolf, Zircon and Kai Engel.

One extra is Thaehan, I'm always hyped for his new releases.

spirit

the doors

king crimson

pink floyd

king gizzard and the lizard wizard

yes

the alan parsons project

emerson lake & palmer

camel

1 hour ago, Endingghost said:

System of a Down, ever since my Dad introduced me when I was nine.

i was introduced to my favorite band by my dad too. i get most of my music taste from him actually

2 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

i get most of my music taste from him actually

Yeah same here. It seems either someone hates the music their parents listen to or it rubs off on them at a young age!

Lemon Demon, They Might Be Giants, two Green Day songs (Brain Stew and Jaded), a couple of Men At Work songs, Oingo Boingo.

Tyranny And Mutation is the best BOC album by far, and one of the greatest albums of all time. Fight me.

Oh, as for my favorite band... Don't really even need to say it at this point, do I?

19 minutes ago, Hans Grosse said:

Oingo Boingo.

Only a Lad i one of my favourite albums.

The serious joke nature of the songs is just what i seek al the time-.

Mana Mana

G.G.F.H.

Clock Dva

Ordo Equilibrio

Musta Paraati

In Slaughter Natives

i also listen to a lot of rock/metal, usually from artists originating from the late 1960s to 1970s, such as the Doors, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin and any bands started by Ritchie Blackmore, and all bands fronted by Glenn Danzig.  And some black metal from the 1990s, most well-known of which would be Burzum, Mutiilation also deserves a mention.

Edited by dei_eldren

1 hour ago, DSC said:

Tyranny And Mutation is the best BOC album by far, and one of the greatest albums of all time. Fight me.

Oooh! Now, there's a bold claim... I'd have to fight you for Cultosaurus Erectus I think...  It's got Black Blade on it after all. And the cover is probably one of their best. 

I'm usually hesitant to say "favourite ever," but Jinjer can do no wrong, it seems (my favourite songs by them are, without doubt, Judgement & Punishment and Home Back).

Some other bands I'd rate highly are Eisbrecher, Feuerschwanz, Spiritbox, and Nine Inch Nails.