Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

Help Me Find A Retro Browser First Person Shooter

I need help finding a retro browser first person shooter. Over 4 years ago I stumbled upon a retro first person shooter that I though looked amazing. I discovered it around the time I learned about the Doom Triple Pack that was playable through Flash. This game was similar to Wolfenstein 3D due to its height restrictions but it was way more advanced. It was set in a lab or a space station that was taken over by enemies. I don't remember if the enemies were zombified humans, aliens or robots. I don't know if the game used Flash, an early version of Unity or if it was an HTML5 game. All I know is that it was way more advanced that what I have seen built in GameMaker. If it was a Flash game I do hope it can be played through FlashPoint. I don't even remember what site I played it on either.

The game looked amazing because it featured a lot of environmental decoration sprites, see through doors and transparent windows. The pixelized textures were mostly blue, grey and white. Below I have listed a few games that have reminded me of it.

1. Exophobia - Reminded me because of its blue textures, rails and detail.

2. 90's FPS Prototype - This is a little bit closer due to its graphic style, detail, see through doors and transparent windows. It wasn't this game because it has floor and ceiling height variations.

3. LAB - It wasn't this game, but it does have cutouts in the doors and transparent windows. I did play this one back then too.

Here are a few more games that are definitely not it either.

1. Deadlocked

2. HellHunt GB

3. Rexx Stone

4. G.O.R. Guns Of Rage

I know it's a long shot, but I would really thank the one who finds the game. Thank you.

Definitely a long shot, but maybe Phosphor?

This seems way more advanced than what you're talking about, though.

38 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

but maybe Phosphor?

It's definitely not this game. The game that I am looking is more like Wolfenstein 3D and Intrude and less like Unreal and Quake. I did find this game on FlashPoint though.

I can barely find any old web browser first person shooter games considering that Adobe Shockwave & Flash, Java, Silverlight & the Unity Web Player are all dead, and the fact there rarely exists for any HTML5 3D games.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:49 PM, Halfblind said:

I need help finding a retro browser first person shooter. Over 4 years ago I stumbled upon a retro first person shooter that I though looked amazing. I discovered it around the time I learned about the Doom Triple Pack that was playable through Flash. This game was similar to Wolfenstein 3D due to its height restrictions but it was way more advanced. It was set in a lab or a space station that was taken over by enemies. I don't remember if the enemies were zombified humans, aliens or robots. I don't know if the game used Flash, an early version of Unity or if it was an HTML5 game. All I know is that it was way more advanced that what I have seen built in GameMaker. If it was a Flash game I do hope it can be played through FlashPoint. I don't even remember what site I played it on either.

The game looked amazing because it featured a lot of environmental decoration sprites, see through doors and transparent windows. The pixelized textures were mostly blue, grey and white. Below I have listed a few games that have reminded me of it.

1. Exophobia - Reminded me because of its blue textures, rails and detail.

2. 90's FPS Prototype - This is a little bit closer due to its graphic style, detail, see through doors and transparent windows. It wasn't this game because it has floor and ceiling height variations.

3. LAB - It wasn't this game, but it does have cutouts in the doors and transparent windows. I did play this one back then too.

Here are a few more games that are definitely not it either.

1. Deadlocked

2. HellHunt GB

3. Rexx Stone

4. G.O.R. Guns Of Rage

I know it's a long shot, but I would really thank the one who finds the game. Thank you.

things that will help your search:

1 what weapons did you use? shotguns, rifles, snipers, etc and how did they look like? old, modern, futuristic, etc

2 how did the enemies behave? were there any flying enemies? did they only use melee? if they used weapons were they energy weapons? explosives? hitscans?

3 how was the overall art syle? was it pixelated? did it use high resolution textures? hand drawn sprites (like most flash games)?

4 how did you move? were you fast? slow? were you able to jump? look up and down? fly?

if you can answer some of those questions it will be easier to search for it

10 hours ago, cybdmn said:

Sounds a bit like Blake Stone.

It does sound a bit like Blake Stone but is is not unfortunately. Plus why would they make a browser version of Blake Stone when you have to buy it at sites like GOG and steam?

4 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

I can barely find any old web browser first person shooter games.

Me neither, About 5 years ago I could find a bunch of interesting games, music and other content online. Now I cannot find much that is any good anymore. Many sites that I used to visit to download mods for other old school games have also been taken down too. It makes me sad that I can't access any of those old school games and content anymore.

34 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

1 what weapons did you use? shotguns, rifles, snipers, etc and how did they look like? old, modern, futuristic, etc

2 how did the enemies behave? were there any flying enemies? did they only use melee? if they used weapons were they energy weapons? explosives? hitscans?

3 how was the overall art syle? was it pixelated? did it use high resolution textures? hand drawn sprites (like most flash games)?

4 how did you move? were you fast? slow? were you able to jump? look up and down? fly?

I only played the game a few times at my local library. I did not even get through the first level. I didn't play it enough to remember much about it.

1. All I remember is that the character started with a pistol that was futuristic I guess. The weapons were all 2D sprites.

2. I don't remember what the enemies looked like the most. All I remember is that they were 2D sprites too.

3. The overall art style used sci-fi pixelated textures which were low-res. Even though the art style was low-res it was still higher res than many of the low res games at itch.io such as Y.A.W. and what Pico-8 games like Poom can handle.

4. The player was fixed the ground, so there was no jumping. The player movement was pretty slow compared to newer games. If it supported the mouse you can only move left or right. There was no up and down movement of the camera. The default keys layout was to look left and right with the arrow keys.

Additionally, the game site that I played it at also showed a short video clip of the gameplay which activated when you hovered over the thumbnail. Similar to what they do at crazygames and Y8.

this sounds similar though i dont think thats what you are searching 

On 7/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, omalefico32x said:

this sounds similar though i dont think thats what you are searching

No. that isn't the game, but thanks for helping anyway.

I still haven’t found the game that I'm looking for yet. I looked at everything on Flashpoint using the tag:”shooter” command, but I still haven’t found it. I have even started using archive.org to look at snapshots from websites that I remember going to from 2016 to 2018 and still nothing. I did however find these “interesting” games on Flashpoint though.

reddit has the biggest community for lost media out there maybe you should try to make a thread there about this