Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMTIME

DOOM FOREVER ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

OK so... what is this exactly? One room with an invulnerability and some consequently easily defeated monsters? I do not want to be harsh but what is the point of this, pray tell?

But as far as I can see, you defeat the first wave and nothing happens? So again, what's the point?

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

But as far as I can see, you defeat the first wave and nothing happens? So again, what's the point?

Kill, it's doom, just kill everything you see even if it doesn't make sense xd

Holy shit it’s getting real!!!! Really looking forward to DOOM FOREVER. I seriously can’t believe that it’s almost here. Feels like I’ve been waiting forever. You better believe the HYPE IS REAL. 

5 minutes ago, PSXDoomer said:

Holy shit it’s getting real!!!! Really looking forward to DOOM FOREVER. I seriously can’t believe that it’s almost here. Feels like I’ve been waiting forever. You better believe the HYPE IS REAL. 

You owe me a new sarcasm detector. Mine just exploded into it's component atoms.

I lol'd a bit the way you play the game like it was Doom Eternal or something.

Anyways, Can't wait to see this. 

37 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

You owe me a new sarcasm detector. Mine just exploded into it's component atoms.

So THAT's what that loud pop sound I heard earlier was.

55 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

So THAT's what that loud pop sound I heard earlier was.

I'll be digging this crap out of my ear for weeks. Its worse than sand.

so...it's just a single room that you filled with random monsters? or is there something to it that i'm not seeing?

i'm guessing that this is your first map, so i don't wanna be too harsh, but...this doesn't look very good, sorry to say. it's much too simple and mindless, the geometry looks like it's just gonna get in the way of movement, and it can be beaten in about a minute. you gotta put more thought and effort into this - it could become something great, you never know.

For those of you not familiar with DOOMTIME, this was his last WAD, a single room with "LETS PARTY!" written on the ground (thread was quickly removed). He made it to announce his comeback, even though his previous maps were also similar. Saying that my expectations for DOOMTIME's new map are through the roof would be a massive understatement.

Screenshot_Doom_20210616_102740.png

Also be sure to check out HALLWAY.WAD, Chip's true DOOMTIME Museum, and the thread where DOOMTIME tried to force people to join his project:

(Chip's Museum)

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2313640

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan : Also how tf is this "simulated multiplayer"?

I can't tell if this guy is just too young and doesn't understand that rushing things out is bad, or if this is all some sort of long running surreal joke...

Excellent. Actually got a laugh out of how this looks like a trailer someone might use for a more ambitious project, but with a map that is a very simple box. My main suggestion is a bit more cutting in the footage (bonus if you cut from one angle/position to basically the same one).

edit: this is not sarcasm btw 

26 minutes ago, JustCallMeKaito said:

I can't tell if this guy is just too young and doesn't understand that rushing things out is bad, or if this is all some sort of long running surreal joke...

Me either. But i am more bemused than amused one way or the other. 

27 minutes ago, rd. said:

Excellent. Actually got a laugh out of how this looks like a trailer someone might use for a more ambitious project, but with a map that is a very simple box. My main suggestion is a bit more cutting in the footage (bonus if you cut from one angle/position to basically the same one).

Me thinks the video took longer than the map, frankly.

17 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Me either. But i am more bemused than amused one way or the other. 

Judging by the user's previous posts, I'm pretty sure this is some sort of bizarre joke.

2 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Judging by the user's previous posts, I'm pretty sure this is some sort of bizarre joke.

Yes doing the same i am inclined to agree. Either that or he has a chronic lack of self awareness. I do not want to discourage anyone but as you said the video likely took longer than the map.

@DOOMTIME, if by chance you are serious, no one wants to play this. I could reproduce this in under ten minutes and I'm not a map maker. If you want to be taken seriously stop posting stuff like this. Actually think about what you want to create. Sketch the layout. Build it. Ask for testers. Get feedback. Practice and refine your craft. No one is good at it right away. You have to work on it.

And if this is a joke... well, its getting old dude.

Edited by Murdoch

First time I read the title I thought a new Doom game was announced... Damn.

DOOMTIME, for some advice, try and take some inspiration from some megawads which you play, look up advice online, etc and see what you can use to make your maps better and better. It helps a good amount, I assure you.

I can see who some of you think this is a joke it's not, the map is actually a basic demo map the real maps will be detailed arenas, keep in mind this is the announcement trailer not a release trailer so it's not the final project. 

14 hours ago, DOOMTIME said:

Check it out!

I made it in like 12 minutes so it's probably not very good

If you don't think it's good, I'm not gonna check it out