Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Zone 400 released! (beyond the absolute final bugfix version September 26)

Yes! Been waiting for this! I know what I'm doing all day now! :)

Edit: Just played through the first few maps - really enjoying this. Well worth the wait!

Also, this may have your best MIDI work yet!

Edited by Arrowhead

Have fun guys and gals. Took me 18 months on and off to create this and I am so relieved it is complete. 4:00 here, need to get some sleep. I'll pop back when my eyes reopen and check out the feedback and take notes of any possible bugs I was unaware about. This megawad was not intended to be perfect by any means but I had fun creating it.

Oh yeah I was waiting for this! Loved Zone 300 and I'm sure I will like this one as well

13 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Seems cool, but the link is not working for me :c

I'm surprised it does not work or you. It works for me.

At the bottom of the screenshots is a download link from DW.

Hopefully on idgames in the near future.

Edited by pcorf

3 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

The download works over here.

Hopefully I fixed the link. Just double checked and retyped it. It will hopefully be on idgames before the end of the month.

Paul has come back reloaded!!!
Great seeing that you finaly release this project, pal! :D
Here is a statusbar i made for myself for Zone 300, now tweaked for Zone 400

Zone400SB.rar

:D

18 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Seems cool, but the link is not working for me :c

instead of clicking on it, right click and save as... it worked for me that way ;)

At first I couldn't download it, but it turned out that Bitdefender was blocking your site because you don't get enough downloads. Once I figured that out, I clicked on "Continue to site".

Glad I did! Blasted through the first 3 maps expecting all kinds of classical oldschool goodness and that's exactly what I got. Maxed every map except for 03, where I got 2 out of the 3 secrets. I'm surprised because in my experience, pcorf secrets are extra tough. I remember from all the way back when Death Tormention first came out and I gave it a very positive assessment in The MacDoom Review. :)  Maybe because these maps are super-small, I was able to make good guesses on where to push the walls. Hope that continues!

I'm doing a relaxed run on continuous and still I died once on Map01 and twice on Map03, where I encountered serious ammo issues. The gameplay is fast and very engaging, IMO some of your best. Sweet layouts and surprisingly strong visuals. More verticality than I expected given the linedef limitation. In short, this is really, really good! And the tunes are absolute fire.

Edited by Steve D

That last shot is especially great. Classic PCorf.

I am glad someone with so much mapping experience still pumps out megawads to this very day of this level of consistent quality.

The skies are a seller for this wad. It gives it a rather unusual look you don't see anywhere eles.

Should be in the mentions at the Cacowards.

Made it to the start of map03 on UV. So far so good... pretty damned fun. I've become a big fan of smaller maps so this is a treat for sure.

Edited by Doom_Dude

Grats on the release of this! You deserve all the recognition and praise we can give you!

Zone 300 was cool so will check this tomorrow :)

Did you decide to make this megawad to take a break from the Odyssey sequel? 

34 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Should I play this if I haven't played Zone 300?  Or will I have no idea what's going on?

By all means play it. This is a standalone megawad.

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

By all means play it. This is a standalone megawad.

Lol, my humor isn't always easy to grasp :p

5 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Lol, my humor isn't always easy to grasp :p

Why, you . . . ! ;D

Hell yeah, more pcorf maps!

Your wads always have the perfect balance of modernism, classic design, difficulty, branching paths that don't get confusing, music, atmosphere, combat, humor, and everything else that entails a great wad. A true master.