Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wad overdose

help how to make in udmf format in the ultimate doom builder a cars and trucks and buildings and fire and building collapse in half

I need to know this, I am making a map of the city, therefore I am writing about it, and, as is clear in the udmf format, I simply have no experience in building, so I don’t know how I do it all myself, so please answer how to create buildings and collapse in half building and  fire, cars and trucks?.

Well you draw a square and that can be a building, then you make a jagged line through it and lower the height. That makes it look like a collapsed building.

If you want to do fire, you have two options: an animated texture (easy) or an animated sprite thing (requires Slade3 or Dehacked knowledge)

Why don't you open a couple of maps made by the community in doombuilder and learn by seeing how they were made, that's how I learned

Oh I didn't realize that this question has been posted twice but now with in UDMF format added to the question.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Chubzdoomer made a video about making 3dfloors and slopes etc. on Youtube..

Yep Here and Here.

The videos are based on older Doom builder versions, but it's all still the same concept.

Good luck

9 hours ago, Wad overdose said:

..... how to create buildings and collapse in half building and  fire, cars and trucks?.

To explain in detail would be a good and lengthy tutorial spanning several days.

So, I just mention in broad strokes how it can be done for UDMF and hardware acceleration (OpenGL and Vulkan).

Buildings can be simple sectors at the same height as the sky, and can be entered just as in DOOM2 MAP13. This will work for any sourceport.  However, mapping for UDMF allows the construction of buildings using 3D floors. Collapsing a building is not so easy to do, but can be done with Radius_Quake.

Fire can be done with replacing sprites and sounds or with DECORATE or ZSCRIPT.

Cars and trucks can be done with sectors, which makes them look very blocky, or with voxels or 3D models.

If you have specific questions about any of this do not hesitate to ask.

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

To explain in detail would be a good and lengthy tutorial spanning several days.

So, I just mention in broad strokes how it can be done for UDMF and hardware acceleration (OpenGL and Vulkan).

Buildings can be simple sectors at the same height as the sky, and can be entered just as in DOOM2 MAP13. This will work for any sourceport.  However, mapping for UDMF allows the construction of buildings using 3D floors. Collapsing a building is not so easy to do, but can be done with Radius_Quake.

Fire can be done with replacing sprites and sounds or with DECORATE or ZSCRIPT.

Cars and trucks can be done with sectors, which makes them look very blocky, or with voxels or 3D models.

If you have specific questions about any of this do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks, I have already created the car, but I will work on its shape and find a suitable texture, but can you tell me more about buildings about fire and a truck?

On 7/17/2021 at 11:55 AM, Wad overdose said:

Thanks, I have already created the car, but I will work on its shape and find a suitable texture, but can you tell me more about buildings about fire and a truck?

About buildings, well, a while back I made an example pwad of a 15 story building.

YZqeDoq.png

Lots of 3D control sectors for floors, stairs and windows.

i7fiZOv.png

Another example for buildings is this pwad, done the DOOM way

gjzxxmy.png

(maybe somebody recognizes it and tell us the name of the pwad)

For fire you could use the Realm667 resource fire.wad

Ejm9kiZ.png

For the truck there are some voxel resources on the fori, but I do not have a link right now, just a screenshot.

Link

ufYlcZd.png

edit

I just saw a post on the ZDoom forum, 3D models for buildings

Edited by Kappes Buur

6 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

The videos are based on older Doom builder versions, but it's all still the same concept.

While it's true that this method still works, the visual sloping UDB provides is much move powerful and flexible:

Right, it was just the first thing that came to mind for the OP. ;)

I remember in map editing doing legacy 3d data types and writing some docs for that, then moving to gzdoom which of course was much easier.

Though still like moving from mouse to joystick, hah. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:48 PM, DOOM mapping enthusiast said:

and where can you find radius_quake in ultimate doom builder?

9 hours ago, Wad overdose said:

and where can you find radius_quake in ultimate doom builder?

Radius_Quake is one of many action specials in GZDoom's arsenal.

To "destroy" buildings use it in combination with one of the floor lowering specials in a script.