Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Criteria

What's the criteria for an ok thread in the miscellaneous category? Apparently all of my poll ideas are unacceptable because they've all been post-helled. I think they're just fun/silly and I only made the threads to lighten the atmosphere and because I was actually curious as to what the other community members thought. Yet the queries I have are stifled by the mods (which I can understand to some degree as they have to deal with some pretty bad posts and threads throughout the day) to some degree. Please, mods, let me know what your criteria are for such threads as I tried to make that won't end up post-helled. Or better yet, you could make Doomworld history and un-post-hell one or both of my polls from earlier and see if anyone really would like to put in their two cents about it, instead of assuming they would think it's garbage. Thank you, mods, for your time and consideration on this topic -- it's really appreciated.

P.S.: Please don't post-hell this thread also...I want others to at least be able to learn from this so that you don't have to deal with instances like this in the future.

Post Hell is there to show just what is not a good idea for a new topic. After reading a few pages, you'll get the general idea of what's not tolerated.

Vulg@r said:

Please, mods, let me know what your criteria are for such threads as I tried to make that won't end up post-helled.

It's actually undetermined. Basically, if we think somebody's purposely trying to be annoying via typical spammer tactics, we'll stop the annoyance. Most moderation has been done based on the mod's opinion regarding the level of "stupidity" in the post. Of course, that's not entirely consistent because every mod has their own definition of "stupid", so we'll be working out a consistent definition of what we consider appropriate shortly and updating the FAQ accordingly.

Bloodshedder said:

I'd say that if there's a possibility that a mod will think what you just posted is stupid, don't post it.

If you have any kind of psychic power that allows you to enter mods brain and get their concept of stupidity out, it would be nice to share. ;)

Using rational thinking powers, you can deride what is considered stupid by taking a trip to Post Hell every now and then. Still, this cannot help in all occurrences. It is advised that common sense always be taken into consideration when posting something.

Then again, a clear set of rules would make this hella simpler, and would hopefully remove any inconsistencies in the moderation process.

Lüt's title:
Administrator

wha--? damn go to work for a few hours and the whole place changes. change is good! it looks like things have gone full circle...now what's this about BBG being unsupermodded? whoops off topic, excuse meh.

Use3D said:

wha--? damn go to work for a few hours and the whole place changes. change is good! it looks like things have gone full circle...now what's this about BBG being unsupermodded? whoops off topic, excuse meh.

I was wondering about that very same thing. How quickly things change, in this case, the blink of an eye :)