Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blob1024

DBP Demo Thread

8 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

This demo does not play back to me all the way (desyncs after map 3).

What can I do to fix this? I used dsda-doom 0.25.6 with comp level 2, the wad from https://dsdarchive.com/wads/dbp8_mbg and the DOOM2 iwad from steam (it works for me). Maybe we have different versions of DSDA? Could another person use DSDA 25.6 CL2 and verify it desyncs?

11 minutes ago, oecleus said:

What can I do to fix this? I used dsda-doom 0.25.6 with comp level 2, the wad from https://dsdarchive.com/wads/dbp8_mbg and the DOOM2 iwad from steam (it works for me). Maybe we have different versions of DSDA? Could another person use DSDA 25.6 CL2 and verify it desyncs?

A different DSDA version should not be able to cause this I think. You're sure your WAD is the same (can you post it as a zip file here)? Do you have anything in your autoload folder for DSDA-Doom?

1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

A different DSDA version should not be able to cause this I think. You're sure your WAD is the same (can you post it as a zip file here)? Do you have anything in your autoload folder for DSDA-Doom?

Does this one work? I just reran it: DBP8d2all-1323.zip

Here is the wad i used: DBP8_MBG.zip

My autoload is a bunch of empty folders: autoload.zip

edit: maybe my config file for dsda would be useful?: dsda-doom.zip

edit2: I downloaded the latest DSDA and the DBP8d2all-1351.lmp does indeed desync. I don't know if there is something in my settings causing it or if its a problem with DSDA 25.6 in particular, but I'll probably just move on to DSDA 26.2 in the future. 

The other demo I posted in this comment does seem to work without desync, so lets just submit that instead: DBP8d2all-1323.zip

edit3: It is indeed a problem with DSDA versioning, as with a fresh copy of DSDA 25.6 from the archive it plays back, but desyncs with newest DSDA. 

Edited by oecleus

For DBP9 it was a little unclear whether maps 9 and 10 were required for the uvspeed D2all, from a conversation on discord it seems like they are not, as 9 is a "secret" map, and 8 has no real monsters/no "normal" exit. I did map01-map09 anyways and trimmed down a shorter version that just has map01-map07. So just submit the right one and discard the other.

DBP9d2all-1237.zip

DBP9d2all-1448.zip

DBP11d2all-2127.zip

DBP12d2all-2735.zip

DBP13d2all-3048.zip