Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguykiller69

Your most beautiful construction, or of which you are most proud

3 hours ago, INfront95 said:

Let me guess..... .you like color purple)

Fun fact, initially Coma Moonlight was originally blue, but Killerkouhai suggested repainting it purple. And it was a super great idea! :D

Spoiler

0001.jpg

7 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Fun fact, initially Coma Moonlight was originally blue, but Killerkouhai suggested repainting it purple. And it was a super great idea! :D

I am intrested in how you did it. I see  there is a lot of 3d floors, how's framerate and can you point at smoke n' mirrors part in this map. I NEED TO KNOW!)

4 hours ago, INfront95 said:

I am intrested in how you did it...

Initially, there are very few 3D floors on the map, and the general shape was created using several tiers of sector portals (Action 57: Sector Set Portal). This screenshot shows an early map version, with an unfinished rebuild (I changed it a lot to improve optimization). 5 fps, yes this is already a legend, but keep in mind that I made this map on my old PC with a very weak CPU (on modern machines fps is much better).

4 hours ago, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

Yeah so when I am incredibly rich and famous, could you come and design my house?

I haven’t figured out what to answer... But that sounds great xD

Edited by StormCatcher.77

Amazing screenshots in this thread! Love it! If someone out there questions why we're still making levels for this old game and they don't believe that we can still make it look good, then just point them to this thread.

Me as a Doom mapper trying to remain relevant in 2021 after looking at all these screenshots:

yuJnKmX.gif

16 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Me as a Doom mapper trying to remain relevant in 2021 after looking at all these screenshots:

yuJnKmX.gif

I'm getting an anxiety attack just thinking about how long these kinds of maps take to make...think I'll stick to the normal, Classic Doom-ish stuff lol

19 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

yuJnKmX.gif

I wouldn't worry too much.

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

yuJnKmX.gif

If this thread is anything to go by, then Doom mapping talent is kind of like an iceberg. 90% of it is hidden away unseen, sitting just below the surface, waiting  unobtrusively for threads like this one to tear a hole in the side of what we think we know about great mapping. It is scary to think that for every Dragonfly and Xaser and other (rightly) celebrated mappers, there may be 9 more astonishingly creative and talented Doomers out there. We haven't scratched the surface.

Also great post btw. Nah Don't sweat it. U fine!

{ninja edit: three quotes in a row from the same post has gotta be something of a record.}

Edited by bLOCKbOYgAMES

all my most detailed stuff gets abandoned, things get too linedeffy for my laptop and I become sad. alas =P

1.png?token-time=1628294400&token-hash=h

I guess I got this big church organ into the WMC02 pack though <3 all the lines in this level were shading but people managed to get lost anyway

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

As a huge fan of your maps, I can safely say that your stuff will never stop being relevant, DK!

Hehe, my post was mostly a joke :) in truth I’m glad to see people pushing Doom in new and interesting directions more and more with each year that goes by. What would really worry me would be mass stagnation! As this thread makes clear, Doom’s journey is nowhere near over..

11 minutes ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

skullz.jpg.294704c1138121b462987b584ae5d300.jpg

My skull keys. 3 old Crystal Skull vodka bottles, water and food dye...

Ready to open a portal to hell ;)

Just make sure not to lose the yellow one when near a Pharaoh ;)

On 7/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, Bauul said:

I've done a fair amount of stuff I think turned out well (even if most of it hasn't been released yet!), but this spiral staircase from a recent Elementalism map I was particularly proud at how well it materialized.

you're really testing my self-control in regards to not using room over room and other more modern mapping tricks hahaha