Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguykiller69

Your most beautiful construction, or of which you are most proud

What is the map / building that you are most proud of or that you consider to be the most beautiful?
It can be your construction or one that you saw on a map!

1610610022891.jpg

Edited by doomguykiller69

Just now, doomguykiller69 said:

Why? google translate didn't do a good job? XD

The title itself is fine but it's pasted twice. Should just be "Your most beautiful construction, or of which you are most proud."

4 minutes ago, N1ck said:

The title itself is fine but it's pasted twice. Should just be "Your most beautiful construction, or of which you are most proud."

Holly Shrek, I hadn't noticed, thank you! XD

Best thing I've ever seen in Doom?

Scythe 2 MAP27, Afterlife 2

Everything about that map is perfect. The visuals, the music, the length, the difficulty. Everything. Truly feels like the apex of Scythe 2, it's all downhill from there. Erik Alm is a master.

17 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Probably this map.

*glances at ubiquitous banners* hmmm, I wonder who made this map? ;)

Seriously, though, this map is beautiful. Very tasteful use of slopes and 3D floors, not to mention the texture work. If it weren't for the items scattered about, I wouldn't even think this was a Doom map! That fact that you made this during Eviternity's development makes question your humanity...

Perhaps someone left Oblige running for too long, and it became a sapient map-making machine!

This was fun to make and looks cool in game. Takes place over an epic final boss fight including every DoomII monster, a Speider master mind and 2 Cyberdemons. 

DAB79 (edit area) at 2020.09.19 22-50-29.698 [R3566].jpg

This fun contraption. It may not be the nicest looking, but it's definitely the one I had the most fun making. And it turned out so well too. It's certainly not the usual "One Xth of the puzzle has been solved..." thing.

Screenshot_Hexen_20210721_100814.png

12 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Perhaps someone left Oblige running for too long, and it became a sapient map-making machine!

I wish my existence was that easy; sadly I have all the same basic needs as you. 😅

Going off of stuff I have released, it would definitely be MAP06 of Bloodbath: Hell's Deepest. A magnum opus paying a small homage to God Machine, and constructed with only the stock textures. Quite a bit of work went into the lighting and various architecture, as well as the difficult setpieces inside it.

I built this thing in a matter of weeks back in January 2021, half a year into my mapping career.Screenshot_Doom_20210721_170301.png.d6f60d85cda34c57a128d9e48174f7e1.png

Although it won't be long before it will be easily beaten by my WIP single-map project: Dwelling. (SELF PROMOTION LOL)

18 hours ago, Omniarch said:

I've made a lot of "visual prototypes" over the last few months, some of which I'm quite pleased with. None of them have ever been turned into full maps, but at least my grasp of the aesthetic side of Doom mapping has noticeably improved.

Your stuff is beautiful @Omniarch! Pretty excited to see one of your final projects!