• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

Extreme slime trail, or something else?

Question

Gentlemen, behold:

doom03.png

This is MAP28 of Skulltiverse - just discovered in current beta.

It appears in PrBoom+ (2.5.1.7) though not in gzDoom.

Seems like the lights around red key are projected here. This is visible on the right side of the wall. I ultimately made it go away by drawing a new sector around blocks, but I still want to know what is this, why does it happen (Doom bugs don't have very intuitive names to look up) and if there's something that could be done to make them not happen.

3 answers to this question

Looks like a nodebuilder screwed up. I assume the nodes were built with Zennode and the -n3 (to minimize the build time) parameter, because it can be reproduced with that. Using other parameters than -n3 (or leaving it out altogether) makes it go away. Zokumbsp with -n3 doesn't produce it either.

20 hours ago, boris said:

Looks like a nodebuilder screwed up. I assume the nodes were built with Zennode and the -n3 (to minimize the build time) parameter, because it can be reproduced with that. Using other parameters than -n3 (or leaving it out altogether) makes it go away. Zokumbsp with -n3 doesn't produce it either.

I figured nodebuilder is to blame, but I'm still hoping for more detailed information into what this is, so I'll keep this question unanswered for a bit.

14 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I figured nodebuilder is to blame, but I'm still hoping for more detailed information into what this is, so I'll keep this question unanswered for a bit.

It's almost definitely a slime trail. Could be something else but there's no way to say for sure from just a screenshot. As for a fix, I would suggest replacing your ZenNode with ZokumBSP, or using ZDBSP instead.