Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gore

What will happen if I called ID software.

Recommended Posts

I wonder what will happen...

Screenshot 2021-07-20 183331.png

Share this post


Link to post

Statistically one of two outcomes is likely. 

 

1. It's still their number and a polite person will ask how they can help.

2. It was released years ago and is now a phone sex hotline.

Share this post


Link to post

Already done that before.

 

The following happened:

 

Spoiler

addtext_com_MTgxODQ1NDY1MA.jpg.95f5f42c426b8d08f74a45e952690cc1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, PSXDoomer said:

You'll go to investigate and see Tim Willits gazing at you from a heating vent.

 

I can imagine few things more terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PSXDoomer said:

Supposedly when you call the number the first thing you hear is static and disembodied whispering. If you listen really closely you'll make out Marty Strattons voice chanting "badass demons, big effing guns, and moving really, really fast" over and over. Supposedly it's a recording. After hanging up you'll hear three distinct knocks at your door. Sometimes it's the front door, sometimes it's the backdoor. When you go to answer it will be John Romero in his rockstar outfit and glorious hair. He'll shove right past you and install Daikatana onto your PC and make you his bitch. Afterwards, Romero vanishes into thin air like a ghost. You'll soon hear another noise, like a scratching noise coming from inside the walls. Like rats in the walls. You'll go to investigate and see Tim Willits gazing at you from a heating vent.

im grabbing my shotgun and calling the number. i must no longer be john Romero's bitch 

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

im grabbing my shotgun and calling the number. i must no longer be john Romero's bitch 

you will win the game

 

anyways, back to the topic, I saw some reddit posts where people called the number, and it just lead to a credit company, which isn't the worst in my eyes

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Donowa said:

anyways, back to the topic, I saw some reddit posts where people called the number, and it just lead to a credit company, which isn't the worst in my eyes

DOOM credits:

 

pay or you will be sent to hell with jhon romero and a copy of daikatana.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

ah yes the curse of the ID number. None have called and returned but one person. The story goes long ago there was a man that worked at a game development office in Texas 30 years ago that left a strange message on the receiving line. When one calls the number, a voice can be heard quietly below the ear splitting white noise saying "Daikatana is going to make you my bitch". The account ends here, the victim died of boredom 7 days later. In the statement, just before the victim died, he told the witness something about "long hair , glasses and black painted fingernails flashing before his eyes. Among other strange nonsensical visions of low polygons and lazy voice acting" The official report also states that "The man then went into convulsions, hemorrhaged and passed away immediately" in front the statement's witness. Call this number at your own risk, the outcome is on you...

Edited by Dubbag

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@Major Arlene

 

John Romero has been waiting for 30 years for someone to call that number. Waiting and hoping... He is free at last. He can get his head back!!!

 

So how does this play out from here? Well, not to be gruesome, but I sure hope you like having your severed head sit on a spike in the brain cavity of the icon of sin for all eternity...

 

You might wanna organise someone you don't like to call that number in a couple of weeks.

 

While you still can.

Share this post


Link to post

You'll get one of Bobby Prince's answering machine messages!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, PSXDoomer said:

Supposedly when you call the number the first thing you hear is static and disembodied whispering. If you listen really closely you'll make out Marty Strattons voice chanting "badass demons, big effing guns, and moving really, really fast" over and over. Supposedly it's a recording. After hanging up you'll hear three distinct knocks at your door. Sometimes it's the front door, sometimes it's the backdoor. When you go to answer it will be John Romero in his rockstar outfit and glorious hair. He'll shove right past you and install Daikatana onto your PC and make you his bitch. Afterwards, Romero vanishes into thin air like a ghost. You'll soon hear another noise, like a scratching noise coming from inside the walls. Like rats in the walls. You'll go to investigate and see Tim Willits gazing at you from a heating vent.

If Doom's text screen allowed me to use text screens this large, I'd put this post in as one of them. I can picture how hilarious it be to see the Marty Stratton part typing itself across the screen.

Share this post


Link to post

1-800-IDGAMES is how I bought my registered version of Heretic for my 15th b-day, using the id STUFF store app on the Master Levels disc from the Depths of Doom Trilogy. Such memories.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

 

That is disappointingly non-hilarious.


sorry to ruin the magic, no fun allowed here :P

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×