Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Trve_Raith

Incredibly undoubtedly amazingly trve Metal facts

We have a plethora of obviously true Doom facts, so why not one for a big part of it's soundtrack?

I'll start with my first fact.

Heffy Metal was created when Varg Vikernes asked Cliff Burton to rip off the distortion nob on his guitar amp, and play a few Acid Rock riffs, as such, Heffy Metal was born.

soundgarden is made by a gardener who wanted his plants to hear beautiful music while he was taking care of them

Robert Prince wrote music for Alice in Chains, Pantera, AC/DC, Slayer and even Metallica. 

The entire Doom soundtrack was written by Prince, although he did borrow riffs from several other popular bands. It was the first time Prince had written metal, and in a 2017 interview one year after his death, he confirmed that E1M1 (at Doom's Gate) was not inspired by any particular song, and was written before having listened to any heavy metal music.

Here's a rare photo of Prince working on the Doom soundtrack:

Prince.jpg.3911489cbaafc42d3660326555b83937.jpg

Bruce Dickinson is actually soviet immigrant called Boris Penisovich. But he changed his name to appeal to British scene and become metal legend.

the fuck did i just wrote?

Chris Barnes never actually left Cannibal Corpse. Corpsegrinder is just his second form.

The other Chris Barnes we have right now is just an impersonater

When you buy Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal, you're not buying the game, you're buying a metal album that comes with a free game.

For the Doom Eternal soundtrack Mick Gordon 

used a variety of real life objects to create his unique sound. These include:

An Bell UH-1 Iroquois. 

10 gallons of Mercury. 

Several tons of rice. 

A choir of half starved Macaws. 

Non-ferrous metals include aluminium, copper, lead, zinc and tin, as well as precious metals like gold and silver. 

8 Fun Heavy Metal Facts:

• Being a musician isn't King Diamonds main source of income. His day job is actually being a real estate agent.
  • The soundtrack for Quake was provided by Trent Reznor, who is the main vocalist for the band Tool.
  • The Nine Inch Nails album "Lateralus" is their 3rd studio album and it's the album that made them famous!
  • Varg Vikernes is actually a softboi! Please be gentle with him :3
  • Lemmy Kilmister is well known for supporting those who would like to gamble. It is said that "He is their man!", even tho you might win some and lose some - to Lemmy it is all the same. Bauw wau wa wa waa bauw wau wa waa.
  • The music video for "Sweating Bullets" by Megadeth wasn't staged, we still don't know who is the real Dave Mustaine and time is running out.
  • Metallica's most critically acclaimed song is weirdly enough their most recently released song "Snake Bones". The reason this is weird is because even when they release other songs - "Snake Bones" always remains as their most recently released song.
  • Ozzy Osbourne spiked my morning coffee with PCP. Fucking piece of shit!
Edited by Ar_e_en : Spelling mistakes

22 minutes ago, Ar_e_en said:

• The music video for "Sweating Bullets" by Megadeth wasn't staged, we still don't know who is the real Dave Mustaine and time is running out.

I'm going to a Megadeth concert in September.

Should I be worried.

3 hours ago, The_Trve_Raith said:

I'm going to a Megadeth concert in September.

Should I be worried.

Definitely! If I were you - I would bring a random Metallica CD as a method of distraction. If he starts running for you - drop the CD and run! He may wear the skin of Mustaine, but he hates Metallica as much as the real one!

Many of the metal subgenres are actually different names for the same thing. Black metal, doom metal, death metal... all are exactly the same.

Now that you know this, I suggest you to go and educate some hardcore metal fans with this knowledge. ;)

5 Extra Fun Heavy Metal Facts:

• Despite fan consensus - there might be scientific proof that Primus doesn't suck.
  • Mike Patton is a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, he considers them to be his number one influence!
  • Lars Ulrich never actually went after Napster, he merely pretended to go after Napster in order to protect the reputation of his best friend - who was the true person responsible for Napster's legal troubles. That friends name:
    Spoiler

Robert Fripp.

• Rob Halford is such a huge Nintendo fan that he licensed the Judas Priest song "Painkiller" to appear in the game "Tomodachi Life" for the Nintendo 3DS.
  • There is currently a civil war happening on the internet between two warring factions - those who love "Bury the Light" from Devil May Cry 5 and those who love "Rules of Nature" from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. The war is fought over the question "Which one is better?". It is a bloody and ruthless war where people lose their minds, shit-flinging is at an all-time high, online forum topics get shutdown after 2 posts, there are riots in the streets, people are getting mowed down left and right! But regardless of who loses, one thing will always be certain:
    Spoiler

The Sonic fans will always win.

When James went out of rehab, he was still a bit fuzzy and wrote accidently to Lars "Man, lets write some good trash again". Yes, he wrote trash instead of thrash. At least it explains the snare.

Fun fact: Euronymous is actually still alive, he escaped to the Norwegian woods and hitch hiked to the USA. He currently goes under the name "Billie Joe".

I had my sound jacked WAY up for some reason and clicked that link. Mozilla auto-plays MP3s, I jumped about 4 feet into the air

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I had my sound jacked WAY up for some reason and clicked that link. Mozilla auto-plays MP3s, I jumped about 4 feet into the air

I hate when that happens. lol

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson actually writes all the songs for Sabaton.

haha I double posted somehow. It's all DoomKid's fault.

3 hours ago, Gothic said:

Is this the song that currently plays on the hidden Post Hell?

It once did play in Post Hell a long time ago, but not now.

5 mildly interesting Heffy Metal facts:

AC/DC continues to claim that they are "Rock n Roll" but everyone know's they're Indie Pop

Mick Gordon is actually just James Hetfield in a human costume.

Black Metal does not exist and is just an illusion perpetuated by the Norwegian government

Death's classic 1987 album, "Scream Bloody Gore" was recorded with a shitty drum machine, a rhythm guitar with a broken string, a cheap fender stratocaster, and a bass Chuck Schuldiner found in a dumpster. When it came out everyone hated it and Death re-recorded the album after Chuck murdered Warren Bezos and got 2 zillion dollars to actually produce the album decently. The original recording is still lost to this day.

Liars have claimed that the popular Country Rock band Pantera actually have good qualities and songs. There is no scientific evidence to back this up.

13 hours ago, The_Trve_Raith said:

Liars have claimed that the popular Country Rock band Pantera actually have good qualities and songs. There is no scientific evidence to back this up.

This reminds me, I remember reading once on a Terraria site about a boss thats a reference to the band, and I believe the page genuinely called Pantera a "indie rock" band.

35 minutes ago, DSC said:

This reminds me, I remember reading once on a Terraria site about a boss thats a reference to the band, and I believe the page genuinely called Pantera a "indie rock" band.

Do you have a link to that article? That sounds funny.

8 minutes ago, The_Trve_Raith said:

Do you have a link to that article? That sounds funny.

I went on to check it, but I believe its been corrected, unfortunatly.