Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[TIME IS UP!] Literalism - A Boom-compatible CP where we do things by the map title

@Worriedidiot Sweet! You're the first one to express interest, so you'll get the MAP02 slot. And your map title shall be "Cosmic Cacodemons".

Count me in please, I needed an excuse to get the mapping gears turning again.

My computer has somehow regressed in such a manner that I can't use Ultimate Doom Builder anymore, but I can still participate just as well! I'll just use some other editor instead, like... Eureka?

Whatever, count me in.

@BoxY Done. Your map slot is MAP03, and the title is "Bone Warehouse".

@Alper002 You're also in the roster. MAP04 slot, title is "Scorning Quarters".

1 minute ago, MFG38 said:

@BoxY Done. Your map slot is MAP03, and the title is "Bone Warehouse".

I promise I won't take the easy way out and make a crate maze full of revenants.

Eh I'll give this a shot. Just finished up on Angry Quilt so this doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.

@Wavy You're in! MAP05 slot, your title is "Inside the Galactic Furnace".

Just now, MFG38 said:

"Inside the Galactic Furnace"

Interesting. I'll see what I can do with that.

Ehy, that's a interesting concept to work on, it's like a mix between "in name only" and the "doomworld roulette" projects... I'll see to do something for it. A question: is the given map slot the definitive map slot or it will be sorted out by difficulty?

I'm in for this for sure!

Only question is, if I'm making an early slot map, should I balance difficulty accordingly, or can I crank it up how I please?

6 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

A question: is the given map slot the definitive map slot or it will be sorted out by difficulty?

The map slot is definitive unless someone in an earlier slot fails to meet the submission deadline. If that's the case, the maps in the following slots will be moved back accordingly.

6 minutes ago, Dazel said:

if I'm making an early slot map, should I balance difficulty accordingly, or can I crank it up how I please?

You can generally make your map as easy or hard as you want to, but the rule of thumb when it comes to projects with pre-determined map slots is to balance the difficulty with consideration to its respective placement. That said, I'm not worried about the difficulty curve becoming somewhat of a roller coaster. That's more or less par for the course with CPs in general.

I wonder what a map called "Organic Volatile Compounds Turret" would be like...

Went ahead and added the latest two participants to the roster.

@Walter confetti has the MAP06 slot and the title "Jungle of Albus".

@Dazel is in the MAP07 slot with the title "Supply Storm".

1 minute ago, MFG38 said:

@Dazel is in the MAP07 slot with the title "Supply Storm".

And yet with a name like that am I not expected to make slaughter

I'd like to put my name down for this one also, please; some of the map titles you've generated so far are absolute bangers and I'd like a piece of that.

I shouldn't... but I can't help it. This is a really fun idea, and like OrganGrinder just said, the titles you've already come up with are fantastic (and instantly get the creative juices flowing). Sign me up!

I'm curious, did you already spend time creating a list of 32 (or more?) different map titles? Or are you throwing these together on the fly?

5 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I'm curious, did you already spend time creating a list of 32 (or more?) different map titles? Or are you throwing these together on the fly?

I'm generating them on the fly, with the help of this thing I found.

I do Enjoy when Randomness is added to the equation.

I would like to participate if possible.

@MFG38 Question: if using custom textures, should those be included with the submitted map, or if I'm drawing from a single large resource (e.g. cc4-tex or OTEX) is it more useful to just state the resource WAD and let you incorporate the needed textures as part of the compilation process?  I don't know whether it represents more work for you to do the latter, or to have to purge possible duplicated from various submitted maps - whatever's easier for you of course.

46 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Alright, I have to ask... are custom dehacked monsters allowed?

Sorry, stock monsters only.

1 minute ago, TheOrganGrinder said:

Question: if using custom textures, should those be included with the submitted map, or if I'm drawing from a single large resource (e.g. cc4-tex or OTEX) is it more useful to just state the resource WAD and let you incorporate the needed textures as part of the compilation process?

Custom textures should preferably be included in the same .wad file as the map.

New batch of participants and map titles is in.

@SLOTH MARINE (CB) MAP11, title is "The Goat Pit".

@Redoom MAP12, title is "Argent Volcano".

@Jark MAP13, title is "Frozen Fortress".

@Gothic MAP14, title is "Blight Yard".

Also, can I take a moment to gawk in amazement over how the roster is filling up 20 times faster than I anticipated?