Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Soul

GBA Preference

I am well aware many on this forum don't like consoles, but for those who do, and either own, or have throroughly played through both Doom GBA and Doom II GBA, which do you prefer, and why?

I feel they both have thier strengths/weaknesses. Doom GBA for instance, while having bad music, on the wrong levels to boot, DID play VERY smoothly, and the SFX Sampling I find to be higher qulaity than those used in Doom II GBA. Doom II GBA though, has EVERYTHING un-edited glory, with the exceptions of the Green blood, and 2 levels being split in half, which I REALLY could care less about. the point is, it's all there. But I find it does not run as smooth/fast as Doom GBA I find.

Thoughts?

What two levels are those?

Oh, it's Doom II for me. I could barely see in Doom I. It's like the poor marine was nearsighted. Also no cyberdemon, no spider, no partial invisibility or light visor, several levels removed and several more serverely modified... it sucked. I'm gonna sell it ASAP as a rebate on the cost of Doom II.

I personally love the GBA Doom games. I love all forms of Doom, no matter the system. You just have to get used to the controls. You can't expect everything to be keyboard/mouse.

The two split levels are Industrial Zone and The Chasm.

No cut parts at all. In fact, there are a few new areas to complete the levels, since the levels are split into two. The Industrial Zone is split up awesome. :)

To go for a completely different angle. How about Doom64? That was the only non pc version that I actually liked, due to its dark feel plus the music and everything.

Actually, I found DooM GBA to run kinda' slow, but controlable, very controlable. Then again, I had all the features running.

Was hard to see, unless the gamma and fullbright was up all the way, which then, looked ugly.

Didn't bother with DooM II, though. Got Wolfenstein 3-D instead. That really IS like the original game (with lack of music).

Loved both the gba Doom Games, a totaly new one would be nice after they release final doom for gba , then there will probably be a port of Doom 3,