Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Weird

My monitor just unplugged itself.

I was sitting here when all of a sudden, the screen went blank, and the monitor powered off. I played about with it for a bit, switching it on and off, but nothing happened. I checked all the plugs, pushed them in to make sure it was plugged in right. Still nothing. I checked the connection at the back of my computer, and still nothing. How bizarre. I thought to myself, damn, I'm going to have to buy a new monitor. Then things got even weirder.

I checked the plugs down the back of my PC again. I realised that there was a spare female power lead, unplugged from the plugboard. Now, my monitor connects to the plugboard through two leads (since my PC doesn't have a power socket for the monitor on the PSU), so this was really strange - the lead had somehow unplugged itself from the plugboard and disconnected itself from the monitor power lead.

This isn't the end. I then found that there were NO spare sockets on any plugboard behind my computer - it appeared like the monitor wasn't plugged in in the first place! It's like it was unplugged then something else was plugged in, in it's place!

I'm going crazy!

I had just finished using a doom utility in DOS and a chocolate chip landed on my keyboard. I tried to catapult it out by holding down a button and then releasing it. I tried one key for a while and it only managed to shift the chip to between two other keys. I tried them both and soon the chocolate chip was out of the keyboard. I turned it upside down to shake out any more crumbs, and then I turned back to the screen to find that I had left the prompt still open.

C:\TOM\DM2>ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggyyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just thought that was funny.

Hyena said:

Just thought that was funny.

No.

God, I missed doing that.

Somehow I got WindowsXP to switch to 320x200 with 4-bit color yesterday. Three times in a row. Something to do with the display driver that were made for my Toshiba. After I went back up to the Detonator 40 drivers, it worked fine. Kind of strange, if you ask me.

One time I got an email that simply said "Die" in subject. That was enough to freak me out for a while.

ZarcyB said:

ZarcyB's odd tale

Apparently your computer doesn't like you anymore.

Zarcy also stated:
I'm going crazy!

You and me both.

Hmm interesting to say the least. Was that Dee-Lee ever plugged in before in a spot on the Dee-Lee?

Lots of weird stuff happen to me too, Like my birth :D

I once listened to a battery operated radio for a while, then turned it off. I tried to use it again later, but it wouldnt turn on. I looked at the battery case nad there were apparently none in there to begin with.

When my friend got his playstation, I was with him when he hooked it up. He thought he was through fiddling with the wires and then sat down to start playing. When he turned it on there was sound but no picture, so I decided to take a look. I turned it off then went to the backside of the TV to find that neither the audio or video cables were plugged in.

This mouse, while much better than my old mouse, has occasional fits where it'll take on a life of its own and start randomly moving about.

There have been stories of people with microphones and Office XP where they would get mysterious gibberish characters in Word, with some actual real words interspersed between. Turns out, Office XP's voice recognition was on, and those people happened to have a TV or radio on in the background. I think it freaked some people out.