Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

Treasure Trove Of Doom

Stop making me want to print out physical things and clutter my back office with more crap.

Yes, that's a compliment.

I don't care if this ever comes to completion or not but these covers need to be preserved for eternity (Not the port)

@game, you got game. This is seriously impressive.

https://i.imgur.com/0PRhWUA.jpg Here's a silly side-thing that I made. I didn't actually mean to include Bourgeois Deathmatch here but I did this graphic as a challenge to make up some names for the nameless levels. I played a little bit of each level and named it by association. I hope @Doomkid or others don't resent me for taking such liberty but it's always open to change anyway. I can edit those things.

Edited by game

I think this is really cool! All the maps have names that can be seen only on intermission unfortunately, because Doom has pretty small limits for names on the automap.. but I think these short descriptive titles are cool as well. I kinda like the idea of maps having different monikers depending who you ask - kind of like map11 having two titles. (Plus, I think most players will remember map slots over titles for DM wads anyway, that’s always been my experience)

@game since you asked for criticism:

i think that the new iteration of these are the best yet. they're absolutely wonderful, and i love the variation in the background graphics and how you're using different effects to mix things up and not make them all super samey - same with the fonts on the back covers. it's consistent, but still varied enough to make them stand out from one another.

something i REALLY like is how the btsx cover has that weird squiggly effect going on, but not on all of it. the tech shit (idk how to describe things xd) doesn't really have that; it makes there be a distinct foreground and background, and it looks great imo. i think it'd be cool if you did more stuff along those lines, without overdoing it and making it be on each cover n stuff so each one is still distinct and recognizable.

something that i say should to be changed is how the title fonts are all the same - the consistency is nice and all but i think that slightly tweaking them to fit in more with the cover and wad would be cool. just enough to, again, make them distinct, but not enough to ruin the consistency. as an example, i don't think your default font fits very well with sunder's cover, thought that may just be me. slight tweaking would help it a lot tho i think; for that one i think making the font a tad sharper would help, but it'll vary depending on the cover

I'm the kinda geek who likes to print out crap like this and have a seperate CD dedicated to, say, BTSX. So this is awesome! I had previously just printed the pixelly graphic from doomwiki for the cover (after cropping to a square). Next time I go to the store to get some Touhou covers printed, I may try some of these!

On 8/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, game said:

May I ask someone to pick any wads (may not even be from the list) for me to focus on so that I can upload some finished covers?

Icarus: Alien Vanguard

1 hour ago, game said:

JrGWkVM.png

H1Sj75u.png

Okay literally a speed-edit to make this. I haven't played the wad but I see you're a fan of it so it deserves a cover. Let me know if you like it and if it fits the theme of the wad somehow.

EDIT: i'm inclined to make the text more readable, for one thing.

EDIT 2 I think I made a typo in map 10

Excellent, thank you! The text is pretty readable to me.

This is just absolutely excellent. Please continue. 

I suggest you add the following wads:

Death in Excess

Slaughterfest 2012

Slaughterfest 2011

You may also want to put these in alphabetical order so it's easier to find things.

Wow, those are excellent man!

Well done!

My next picks would be:

Bourgeois Deathmatch

Speed of Doom

UAC Ultra

Here are ten to help you keep the ball rolling.

Community Chest 4
Counter Attack
Deathless
Doom the Way ID Did
No End In Sight
Rowdy Rudy
Stardate 20X6
Sunlust
THT: THRENODY
MEMENTO MORI

5 hours ago, game said:

fKb2xyr.jpg

Doom The Way Id Did - flavours: kiwi fruit, raspberry, and of course, vanilla

bgZKGFv.jpg

Community Chest 4 - flavours: cider, holy water, interstellar shamanism

As always, Excellent.

ASDASD.png

Updated my spreadsheet so it makes the chart automatically for me now.

@Ezepov Thank you, I've added all your suggestions. Always open for more suggestions.

I've added over 100 new positions since recently I think. Making logos and then graphics for them all will be a terrible chore.

5.jpg.3bbb50ebe64acec75e190a34e0b3a8d8.jpg

Project update:

• 180 custom square covers uploaded
  • Random Map Selector introduced
  • Release Year Chart revamped
  • Collection considerably increased
  • Progress made on map database
  • Revamped ranking image coming soon