Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuotePilgrim

Some MIDI's from my current project

So about a month ago I started a new project which is a standalone game for GZDoom. As every asset in the game is and will be made by me, I've naturally made some music for it. The project is named Maddy Dreamscapes, I've posted the title screen in the pictures thread some time ago. For context, it's inspired by RPG Maker cult classic Yume Nikki, a game about exploring dreams. The thing about that game's soundtrack is that it's almost entirely composed of two bar loops, rarely longer than 10 seconds each, so for my project I'm trying to evoke the same level of simplicity, although my tracks are pretty long by comparison.

Without further ado, here they are: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rwKu0yOqbimhox-ZeN6fGYVDHzERKKan?usp=sharing

A list of the tracks in the folder:

1. Maddyness - Madison's theme

2. Mirage - Desert area (?)

3. Nexus of Illusions - The Nexus

4. Liquified Visage - Train station (?)

5. From a Distance - Infinite corridors

6. Crystalized Memories - Illuminated caves (?)

7. Broken Thoughts - Floating islands (?)

The soundfont I used while making of these was Florestan Basic GM GS, so use that to listen to them if you can, although I'm pretty sure any of the SC-55 based ones like scc1t2.sf2 is good enough. I put question marks in tracks that are for areas that I haven't decided whether they'll be in the game, or whether they'll use those tracks. Mirage in special doesn't fit the area currently associeated with it. It is only the desert area theme because it was the first area I started mapping, and it was the only track I had made at the time, which is also the only reason why it's called Mirage. I'll switch it and probably change the title whenever I find a more appropriate area for it, or a more appropriate track for the desert area. Mirage is also the only one to be directly inspired by a piece of music from DOOM.

I'm not much of a MIDI person, I usually compose stuff for solo piano, with the intent of one day, maybe, learning to play them (the few pieces I know how to are not by me). I also have a tendency to to very weird/experimental stuff, most of which never end up on the internet, though some of it can be found.

Edited by QuotePilgrim