Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

On 7/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, CBM said:

You can request multiple map slots if you feel you are up for it.

Can I also do map 32? I have an interesting idea for it.

27 minutes ago, Engired said:

Can I also do map 32? I have an interesting idea for it.

no problem, map 32 is yours :)

18 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Sweet. Hope you don't mind if i use UDB (Ultimate Doom Builder) i'm using Boom: Doom 2 map format because i don't know how UDMF work.

I would prefer UDMF, but if you must use BOOM then I will make an exception in your case.

1 hour ago, ʞnifeworld said:

I'll take MAP 14 Electrified Bleeding, please!

Its yours :-)

3 hours ago, CBM said:

I would prefer UDMF, but if you must use BOOM then I will make an exception in your case.

Ok

Update on my map! Going for a techbase/mountain area under a big blue moon, going through caves and valleys to exit under a giant inverted pyramid...the Space Pyramid, of course. :)

Screenshot_Doom_20210726_151139.png

Hey, I'm interested in joining in!

I'd like to pick MAP23 for its definitely unusual title.

Also, I'd like to ask which level of difficulty range it should be...

4 hours ago, SynDoom said:

Update on my map! Going for a techbase/mountain area under a big blue moon, going through caves and valleys to exit under a giant inverted pyramid...the Space Pyramid, of course. :)

Screenshot_Doom_20210726_151139.png

That looks amazing. Awesome work! The Aliens would likely be proud to have a party there :-)

3 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Give me a random map, I like suprises! (and slacking off)

You have been assigned to map 24 ;-)

1 hour ago, Astro X said:

Hey, I'm interested in joining in!

I'd like to pick MAP23 for its definitely unusual title.

Also, I'd like to ask which level of difficulty range it should be...

Map 23 is yours. It should be a similar difficulty as Map 23 in Doom 2 if possible :-D

Changed the main color to red (my fave). Not really sure where to go from this starting area, but luckily we have quite a bit of time!

Screenshot_Doom_20210726_225240.png

1 hour ago, SynDoom said:

Changed the main color to red (my fave). Not really sure where to go from this starting area, but luckily we have quite a bit of time!

Screenshot_Doom_20210726_225240.png

It looks very nice. Inspiration will come, it just takes a little time sometimes.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:14 AM, xScavengerWolfx said:

Sweet. Hope you don't mind if i use UDB (Ultimate Doom Builder) i'm using Boom: Doom 2 map format because i don't know how UDMF work.

Can always use ZWADCONF, then just change it to UDMF in doom builder. It works pretty well, I tried it with one of my maps and it hasn't seemingly broken anything too important.

37 minutes ago, Engired said:

Can always use ZWADCONF, then just change it to UDMF in doom builder. It works pretty well, I tried it with one of my maps and it hasn't seemingly broken anything too important.

Ok i'll give it a shot when i get a chance. Is zwadconf like using the Boom: Doom 2 format?

2 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Ok i'll give it a shot when i get a chance. Is zwadconf like using the Boom: Doom 2 format?

ZWADCONF just converts maps to hexen format. Then using doom builder you can just convert it to UDMF.

1 minute ago, Engired said:

ZWADCONF just converts maps to hexen format. Then using doom builder you can just convert it to UDMF.

Ok that makes sense. Like i said i'll give it a try when i can.

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

What my map looks like now, with some edits.

77vspqC.png

I love it :-) Nice work

2 hours ago, Engired said:

Cool I didnt Know About that utility

8 minutes ago, egap98 said:

can i take map11?

sure thing, its yours :-)

15 minutes ago, evil_scientist said:

I'd like to sign up too, and take this map! 

You got it. Map 21 is yours.

I've been wanting to do an island map for some time... I didn't know how to do the "infinite sea" around the island, but turns out Line_Horizon exists and is quite easy to use :D I've learned something already.

2 minutes ago, evil_scientist said:

I've been wanting to do an island map for some time... I didn't know how to do the "infinite sea" around the island, but turns out Line_Horizon exists and is quite easy to use :D I've learned something already.

Its what I love about DOOM. There is always new things for us to learn and discover :-)

Please ignore the ugly stock placeholder textures. Just working on the structure at the moment, but it's starting to grow an almost Quake-like vibe.

Screenshot_Doom_20210727_210242.png.0ab5790ba713b6ade778753735f8ed87.png

4 minutes ago, Demondice said:

Please ignore the ugly stock placeholder textures. Just working on the structure at the moment, but it's starting to grow an almost Quake-like vibe.

looks cool and stock textures can sometimes be nice too, but I look forward to seeing a picture with updated textures as well :-)

2 minutes ago, CBM said:

looks cool and stock textures can sometimes be nice too, but I look forward to seeing a picture with updated textures as well :-)

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against the stock textures. It's how you use them that counts, and right here I wouldn't want to leave them like that. It'd look a lot better with a bit more contrast and I think I'm going to have to go beyond the stock ones for that.

I'm guessing that a lot of people will be using the same texture sets like otex, etc. If I just include the textures I use and be sure not to change any texture names, I assume you'll be fine when you come to put the megawad together?

1 hour ago, Demondice said:

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against the stock textures. It's how you use them that counts, and right here I wouldn't want to leave them like that. It'd look a lot better with a bit more contrast and I think I'm going to have to go beyond the stock ones for that.

I'm guessing that a lot of people will be using the same texture sets like otex, etc. If I just include the textures I use and be sure not to change any texture names, I assume you'll be fine when you come to put the megawad together?

that should be fine yes