Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

1 minute ago, 7Soul said:

I'd like to withdraw from the project (map 6)

sorry to hear that, but ok

5 minutes ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Hello,

could I please get slot 27 wasting a pain elemental?

thanks,

Yes you can, its yours! enjoy :-D

2 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

May I use Doom format? (please)

EDIT:

Zdoom in Doom maybe

ok, dispensation granted

11 hours ago, obake said:

Sounds awesome!

Mind if I take map 17: Revealing Zombie?

Its yours, go nuts and have fun :-D

Finally after two months of spending in hell on this map, i finally have it ready for play testing. But i am going to be honest with everyone here, if this is not what you wanted or if it doesn't get accepted i understand. I mean i wish i knew how to use UDMF but i'm dumb and all i know is boom lol. Anyways if it's not what you wanted i'll give up map 01 to someone else and i won't be like "i worked hard on this map, you don't know what you're talking about" bullshit. Instated it's more like " i gave it a shot, i tried maybe next time". So here's MAP01 Attack of the flying tomatoes aka the 8th Cacodemons.

Note: This is on Boom format (which CBM is allowing), if there's any problems with this map, please let me know and also i'm so burnt out on mapping so i won't have updates on this for a while just to let everyone know incase some one asks me "where's the updated version of this map you made?". Yes i know there's no screen shots because i wasn't worried about doing that at the time, just wanted to make this map and get it out there.

Edit: Ok so i added a switch at the end level for the red key card and why the red key card wasn't showing up was because i forgot to tag it for all skill levels my bad on my part. So here's the updated version of it.

Map name: [Attack of the 8 flying tomatoes (cacodemons)]
Author: [xScavengerWolfx]
Play time: [8 mins on hurt me Hurt me plenty. 7 1/2 on Ultra Violence.]
Music: [Space Strom from Duke Nukem 3D Composed by Bobby Prince]
Textures: [Stock Doom 2 textures]
Difficulty settings: [Yes]
Coop: [No]
Deathmatch: [No]

Description: [You stumble apron a adrandon UAC facility while hunting down demons for killing your pet rabbit. Once you enter the building you get this awful feeling that there's something crawling around waiting to attack, it stinks like rotten flesh and the smell of blood is strong in the air. With a deep breath and puking from the awful smell, you cock your shotgun and grin like a madman.]

Attack_of_the_8_flying_Tomatoes_aka_the_8th_cacodemons.zip

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Finally after two months of spending in hell on this map, i finally have it ready for play testing. But i am going to be honest with everyone here, if this is not what you wanted or if it doesn't get accepted i understand. I mean i wish i knew how to use UDMF but i'm dumb and all i know is boom lol. Anyways if it's not what you wanted i'll give up map 01 to someone else and i won't be like "i worked hard on this map, you don't know what you're talking about" bullshit. Instated it's more like " i gave it a shot, i tried maybe next time". So here's MAP01 Attack of the flying tomatoes aka the 8th Cacodemons.

Note: This is on Boom format (which CBM is allowing), if there's any problems with this map, please let me know and also i'm so burnt out on mapping so i won't have updates on this for a while just to let everyone know incase some one asks me "where's the updated version of this map you made?". Yes i know there's no screen shots because i wasn't worried about doing that at the time, just wanted to make this map and get it out there.

Map name: [Attack of the 8 flying tomatoes (cacodemons)]
Author: [xScavengerWolfx]
Play time: [8 mins on hurt me Hurt me plenty. 7 1/2 on Ultra Violence.]
Music: [Space Strom from Duke Nukem 3D Composed by Bobby Prince]
Textures: [Stock Doom 2 textures]
Difficulty settings: [Yes]
Coop: [No]
Deathmatch: [No]

Description: [You stumble apron a adrandon UAC facility while hunting down demons for killing your pet rabbit. Once you enter the building you get this awful feeling that there's something crawling around waiting to attack, it stinks like rotten flesh and the smell of blood is strong in the air. With a deep breath and puking from the awful smell, you cock your shotgun and grin like a madman.]

Attack_of_the_8_flying_Tomatoes_aka_the_8th_cacodemons.zip

I just played it and I love the theme... attack of the killer tomatoes is one of my favorite b movies

...but it seemed a few doors and switches didnt quite work ? atleast not in GZDoom... most did though

15 minutes ago, CBM said:

I just played it and I love the theme... attack of the killer tomatoes is one of my favorite b movies

...but it seemed a few doors and switches didnt quite work ? atleast not in GZDoom... most did though

Which doors and switches? can you show me? I played in GZdoom and they worked while play testing it

34 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Which doors and switches? can you show me? I played in GZdoom and they worked while play testing it

apologies, my bad... I wasn't actually using gzdoom (I opened it in the editor and played from there and the editor selected prboom)

the map worked fine and was enjoyable, only thing was that I didnt find the red key and the last area where I needed it didnt seem to have a way back so I could search for it

but its a very enjoyable map

2 minutes ago, CBM said:

apologies, my bad... I wasn't actually using gzdoom (I opened it in the editor and played from there and the editor selected prboom)

the map worked fine and was enjoyable, only thing was that I didnt find the red key and the last area where I needed it didnt seem to have a way back so I could search for it

but its a very enjoyable map

I can rework it so you can get the red key card, it won't take long. I maybe burnt out on mapping but i can do some changes real quick

Just now, xScavengerWolfx said:

I can rework it so you can get the red key card, it won't take long. I maybe burnt out on mapping but i can do some changes real quick

cool and maybe make a teleporter in the last area that the player can use if he needs to go back for the red key

52 minutes ago, CBM said:

cool and maybe make a teleporter in the last area that the player can use if he needs to go back for the red key

I'll do one better. Give me a bit and i'll reupload it.

Edit: Ok i added a switch in the end level to get the red key card and i forgot to tag the key card for all skill sets (that's my bad). So i reuploaded it and hope it works now.

Edited by xScavengerWolfx

my first ever doom gameplay video with voiceover:

@demondice

very very nice map and very enjoyable... the architecture is so nice and the gameplay is just fantastic!

sorry for the mumbling in the video but this is my first time ever doing a doom video with a voice over and I just used the crappy microphone in the laptop and the first random mouse I could find

Edited by CBM

3 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

I'll do one better. Give me a bit and i'll reupload it.

Edit: Ok i added a switch in the end level to get the red key card and i forgot to tag the key card for all skill sets (that's my bad). So i reuploaded it and hope it works now.

Thanks... I will check it out :-D

On 8/27/2021 at 8:49 AM, CBM said:

my first ever doom gameplay video with voiceover:

@demondice

very very nice map and very enjoyable... the architecture is so nice and the gameplay is just fantastic!

sorry for the mumbling in the video but this is my first time ever doing a doom video with a voice over and I just used the crappy microphone in the laptop and the first random mouse I could find

I was away on vacation when you posted this and didn't fancy trying to watch it on a phone with an almost non-existent internet connection, but it was the first thing I did after switching my PC on back at home.

Thank you for the kind words. It was a fun level to make, and it's always good to see how different people approach playing it. :)

Hello,

I just have a quick question, I'm getting close to completing my map do you have any preferences on who tests the map or do you want to keep it internal until its ready for release?

Thanks,

So, this is open for mappers of all skill levels? Almost three months of development time left? And it's not necessary to employ the fancier features of GZDoom/UDMF such as 3D floors? Because I might be interested in Map06 (Purified UAC Refinery) as it was apparently freed.

Map name: the Bone Ward
Author: MidnightMage
Play time: Roughly 10 minutes
Music: Terror Mansion by Pcorf for Heremidi
Textures: OTEX texture pack included (just for simplicity of drag and drop play)
Difficulty settings: NO
Coop: NO
Deathmatch: NO

Description: this hospital has gone to hell.

Download is accessible via Rampart

Edited by MidnightMage

So right now I think I'll have to do a complete rework of the map. The starting area I have right now doesn't really fit with the vibe I need here...but, I think I have some fun ideas to play with.

8 hours ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Hello,

I just have a quick question, I'm getting close to completing my map do you have any preferences on who tests the map or do you want to keep it internal until its ready for release?

Thanks,

You are free to use any tester you wish :-)

7 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

So, this is open for mappers of all skill levels? Almost three months of development time left? And it's not necessary to employ the fancier features of GZDoom/UDMF such as 3D floors? Because I might be interested in Map06 (Purified UAC Refinery) as it was apparently freed.

Anyone can participate and you do not need to use any fancy features if you dont want to

I  Will give you map06

1 hour ago, MidnightMage said:

Map name: the Bone Ward
Author: MidnightMage
Play time: Roughly 10 minutes
Music: Terror Mansion by Pcorf for Heremidi
Textures: OTEX texture pack included (just for simplicity of drag and drop play)
Difficulty settings: NO
Coop: NO
Deathmatch: NO

Description: this hospital has gone to hell.

Draft 2

V9bookedv2.zip

Cool. I cant wait to try it

1 hour ago, SynDoom said:

So right now I think I'll have to do a complete rework of the map. The starting area I have right now doesn't really fit with the vibe I need here...but, I think I have some fun ideas to play with.

Im Looking forward to See what you come up with

On 8/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, CBM said:

List of maps for me to make videos of so far:

Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon

Feared Space Pyramid

The Question of Hearing

Resurrecting Lucifer

Beneath a Timeless Cathedral

hopefully I can figure out how to also have a microphone in the mix so I can talk while gunning down demons

I will post links as the videos gets done

new list of maps awaiting that I make a video:

Beneath a Timeless Cathedral - video done

Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon

Feared Space Pyramid

The Question of Hearing

Resurrecting Lucifer

the Bone Ward

Map name: Wasting a Pain Elemental (27)
Author: Bloodbath Giraffe
Play time: 25 Minutes
Music: Dimond by Jimmy
Textures: OTEX with a sky from Box O Sky
Difficulty settings: yes
Coop: No
Deathmatch: no

Description: A white and black floating Marble Structure With lots of lights and moving parts. Every time you kill (waste) a Pain Elemental all hell breaks loose.

This is my first UDMF map and I have only been mapping for a little over a year. Please let me know if anything need to be changed or edited to be accepted into the the Project. Looking forward to your feed back thanks,

_map 27 Wasting a Pain Elemental9-27-21.zip

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe : Updated Map

Just now, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Map name: Wasting a Pain Elemental (27)
Author: Bloodbath Giraffe
Play time: 25 Minutes
Music: Dimond by Jimmy
Textures: OTEX with a sky from Box O Sky
Difficulty settings: yes
Coop: No
Deathmatch: Yes

Description: A white and black floating Marble Structure With lots of lights and moving parts. Every time you kill (waste) a Pain Elemental all hell breaks loose.

This is my first UDMF map and I have only been mapping for a little over a year. Please let me know if anything need to be changed or edited to be accepted into the the Project. Looking forward to your feed back thanks,

_map 27 Wasting a Pain Elemental.zip

cool, is the sky texture added to your level or do I need to find it somewhere?

10 hours ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

I added it to the wad

nice

I will check it out as soon as I find the time

37 minutes ago, Weird Sandwich said:

Can I please take the map08 slot?

its yours