Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

to get your rampart pin numbers, send me a pm... I can only send 1 message per minute

ok so I can only send 25 messages a day... so I have send pin numbers to all that I could...

so obake and needhealth will get their pins tomorrow instead

...anyone else that I might not have been able to message today and might have forgot will also get their pin if they message me here on doomworld

@Bloodbath Giraffe I played the map. Excellent visuals and gameplay. No complaints on those points. As for errors:

Loading in the map I get an error: 'unknown texture "RSKY3"' the sky displayed while playing is this one: Screenshot_Doom_20210906_182402.png.b8d13ea42fa71ec2d680de055670a2e4.png

I don't know if this is the correct sky or not but if it is then the error did not affect the gameplay.

The map crashed to desktop 4 times during my playthrough at different points in the map. Since it happened at different points in the playthrough and I have never experienced this happening with other wads I am very unsure what could have caused it. I played in GZDoom 4.6.0

Some of the moving geometry causes visual errors such as this oneScreenshot_Doom_20210906_181009.png.8c0a28489672129bee48092d97ca06fe.png

Really not a big deal as it doesn't affect gameplay at all I just wanted to be thorough in my bug reporting.

My first time in the bfg room, after killing the first wave of PEs nothing happened. I reloaded a few times and the other enemies spawned in like they should every other time so I am unsure what happened the first time.

It is possible to reach the secret by jumping however doing so will softlock the player from exiting. Since this a UDMF wad some players will likely have jumping turned on and they may get softlocked there.

The wad has a map marker named D_RUNNIN the correct music was playing but if you open the wad in UDB there are two maps D_RUNNIN and MAP01.

still not allowed to send any more PMs "today" (its actually not "today" for me any longer.. LOL), but I will keep trying

Cool thing this Rampart portal! One question: should we use it as a repository for totally WIP wads (for example such that’s still missing a good chunk of everything, are unfinishable etc.) or for beta testing nearly completed maps, or totally completed ones?

1 hour ago, RHhe82 said:

Cool thing this Rampart portal! One question: should we use it as a repository for totally WIP wads (for example such that’s still missing a good chunk of everything, are unfinishable etc.) or for beta testing nearly completed maps, or totally completed ones?

Its up to you, maps can be marked as WIP and therefore indicate to any tester that they may not be completed and could require skipping ahead

DavidN has setup the portal for us and is hosting it on his pi for us. He wants to see how rampart handles a CP that he is not in charge of, also it is using different settings than ramp did so all in all, we can also consider ourselves rampart testers :-D

But we owe DavidN a huge thanks for letting us try rampart and for hosting it for us

@DavidN

To DavidN: a HUGE thanks from all of us doing this BOOKED CP :-D

@ScrappyMcDoogerton 

Thanks for testing the map and glad you enjoyed it. The sky is wrong it its suppose to be a purple sky. Its named rsky 3 which was the missing texture I think if I just rename it to rsky 1 it should fix the problem. When I was making the map the builder crashed on me a few times and that has never happened before so I am not sure what the problem would be might try copying and pasting the whole map into a new file to see if that works. ill take a look and see if the floating block are a missing texture or something more. Fixing the secret will be easy just need to add a pillar instead of a lowering small wall.

I have updated the map and the new one can be found here.

_map 27 Wasting a Pain Elemental9-27-21.zip

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe : Updated Map

just 2 maps uploaded to the new portal so far...

MAP01, Attack of the 8 flying tomatos by xScavengerWolfx

and

MAP27, Wasting a Pain Elemental by Bloodbath Giraffe

7 hours ago, CBM said:

just 2 maps uploaded to the new portal so far...

MAP01, Attack of the 8 flying tomatos by xScavengerWolfx

and

MAP27, Wasting a Pain Elemental by Bloodbath Giraffe

I can try and upload my wad later this evening - I’ll just have to put in some script which makes it clear that the level has been only recently started (as I joined in late) and cannot be finished as there is no exit line anywhere, nor have I decided where should it be put.

But I see it’d be good to see how the portal would operate as a development platform.

Okay, uploaded it, and apparently with success. One thing sprang to mind: my WAD uses OTEX v1.1 textures, which are now NOT included in the WAD. Perhaps they should be? If so, guess I'll try out how updating the map works...

Edit later: Dammit, Slade3's automatic texture removal function also deletes animated flats, and strangely one clearly used flat :(

Edited by RHhe82 : Issue with Slade3 and Otex

3 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

Okay, uploaded it, and apparently with success. One thing sprang to mind: my WAD uses OTEX v1.1 textures, which are now NOT included in the WAD. Perhaps they should be? If so, guess I'll try out how updating the map works...

Edit later: Dammit, Slade3's automatic texture removal function also deletes animated flats, and strangely one clearly used flat :(

yes I need to add otex v1.1 and I will get around to that as soon as I find the time to do it.. maybe this weekend

On 9/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, RHhe82 said:

Dammit, Slade3's automatic texture removal function also deletes animated flats, and strangely one clearly used flat :(

You should be able to select which textures/flats to remove if you're running the latest version of SLADE. Just deselect the ones you want to keep first, then click OK.

Version 1 of Revealing Zombie is done!

Map name: Revealing Zombie
Author: Obake
Play time: Around 10 minutes
Music: Ghost Grinder by Jimmy
Textures: OTEX
Difficulty settings: Yes
Coop: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes

Description: A strange house. Be careful of whose rooms you invade! One of the more difficult maps I've made; the traps here are quite mean. That said, it does not take long to complete. Let me know what you all think!

Ive uploaded otex to the project but it doesnt seem to work just yet...

maybe Ive uploaded it to a wrong location on the server? but Ive send David a PM to ask for help.

I only have the weekends to work on this so it might be another week until otex is integrated properly

I am considering starting up on the videos again next weekend, but it might be without audio commentary

I have a laptop that is somehow unable to use a mic, even an external one... and the pc I used to make the one commented doom video has become broken beyong repair... and my stationary computers are also all currently not useable because they are in a corner that is filled with other stuff

44 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

I'm confused as to what exactly Rampart is. What's the difference between uploading to this thread than to whatever Rampart is?

rampart can assemble all the maps to a ready to go release for us, once all maps are completed and submitted

just like with the ramp project

rampart used one set of settings for ramp (dynamic adding of map slots)

and booked uses a different set of settings in rampart (32 fixed map slots)

On 9/3/2021 at 6:27 PM, CBM said:

new list of maps awaiting that I make a video:

Beneath a Timeless Cathedral - video done

Every Haunting of the Cyberdemon

Feared Space Pyramid

The Question of Hearing

Resurrecting Lucifer

the Bone Ward

current list, let me know if I have missed any...

Feared Space Pyramid

The Question of Hearing

Resurrecting Lucifer

the Bone Ward

Revealing Zombie

Wasting a Pain Elemental

Attack of the 8 flying tomatos

Purified UAC Refinery

11 minutes ago, CBM said:

current list, let me know if I have missed any...

Feared Space Pyramid

The Question of Hearing

Resurrecting Lucifer

the Bone Ward

Revealing Zombie

Wasting a Pain Elemental

Attack of the 8 flying tomatos

Purified UAC Refinery

Note that my map (Purified UAC Refinery) is basically unplayable. It has no exit, approximately half (?) of the layout is still missing... I only uploaded it to test the Rampart portal and to signal that I'm actually doing something :^)

5 minutes ago, RHhe82 said:

Note that my map (Purified UAC Refinery) is basically unplayable. It has no exit, approximately half (?) of the layout is still missing... I only uploaded it to test the Rampart portal and to signal that I'm actually doing something :^)

ok, I will wait with testing that then :-)

video of feared space pyramid:

questing of hearing video

first video... it was too long apparently

so I did a new video of map 32 instead

Edited by CBM

My map is suddenly progressing in quite a good pace, and I hope to have a playable and somewhat tested and balanced - if not perfectly polished - map sometime during this week. Unless real life meddles with my affairs. In any case, I tried to look through the topic, but couldn't find anything on one question I have: do we need to fill out a MAPINFO lump (or some variant of it) for our own maps? For instance, as I have map slot 6, does my wad need to have a MAP06, and a MAPINFO lump detailing MAP06, like the music to be played, level name, author name, switches that force no jumping and no crouching etc.?

For instance, I have imported a MUS lump of my own, and a ZMAPINFO lump:

// Music by (insert credits when done, now "Wormhole"/TNT)

map MAP06 "Purified UAC Refinery"
{
    levelnum = 6
    Par = 600
    SuckTime = 1200
    Sky1 = OSKY15
    Music = D_RHHE82
    Author = "Rhhe82"
    NoJump
    NoCrouch
}

Or does Rampart take care of these, or do you have a mapinfo lump prepared for the final version?

10 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

My map is suddenly progressing in quite a good pace, and I hope to have a playable and somewhat tested and balanced - if not perfectly polished - map sometime during this week. Unless real life meddles with my affairs. In any case, I tried to look through the topic, but couldn't find anything on one question I have: do we need to fill out a MAPINFO lump (or some variant of it) for our own maps? For instance, as I have map slot 6, does my wad need to have a MAP06, and a MAPINFO lump detailing MAP06, like the music to be played, level name, author name, switches that force no jumping and no crouching etc.?

For instance, I have imported a MUS lump of my own, and a ZMAPINFO lump:

Or does Rampart take care of these, or do you have a mapinfo lump prepared for the final version?

Well

Rampart can make a Mapinfo and I Think it can handle all those things

Okay, now I have uploaded a playable and finishable version of Purified UAC Refinery! Difficulty levels aren't implemented yet, and I'll probably still do a ton of balancing and polishing, but it's more or less finished for the most part.

In the WAD file Map occupies slot MAP01 as I think Rampart will take care of such minutiae? Zmapinfo lump is still included.

Map name: Purified UAC Refinery
Author: Rhhe82
Play time: 15 minutes (all kills and secrets)
Music: Tech Base (by Stewboy)
Textures: Otex v1.1 (additional textures NOT included in the wad!)
Difficulty settings: Not yet.
Coop: No, but the player starts are there
Deathmatch: No. There is one (!) DM start on the map, but the map is designed for SP only.

Description: An UAC refinery facility with only the purest of substances flowing in its pipes! However, some demonic corruption is starting to flow through the cracks, and it's up to you to ensure the purity of the facility.

4 hours ago, RHhe82 said:

Okay, now I have uploaded a playable and finishable version of Purified UAC Refinery! Difficulty levels aren't implemented yet, and I'll probably still do a ton of balancing and polishing, but it's more or less finished for the most part.

In the WAD file Map occupies slot MAP01 as I think Rampart will take care of such minutiae? Zmapinfo lump is still included.

Map name: Purified UAC Refinery
Author: Rhhe82
Play time: 15 minutes (all kills and secrets)
Music: Tech Base (by Stewboy)
Textures: Otex v1.1 (additional textures NOT included in the wad!)
Difficulty settings: Not yet.
Coop: No, but the player starts are there
Deathmatch: No. There is one (!) DM start on the map, but the map is designed for SP only.

Description: An UAC refinery facility with only the purest of substances flowing in its pipes! However, some demonic corruption is starting to flow through the cracks, and it's up to you to ensure the purity of the facility.

cool

yes.. nomatter what map slot your map is, rampart will automatically move it to the correct map slot

So, looks like this is shaping up to a small slaughter map.

It means I'll need to test it for longer than usual, but hopefully I'll have a build soon enough.

I updated my map last evening, and only now did it occur to me to test how the snapshot of project works, lol. Anyway, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I launch GZDoom (thru ZDL) with the snapshot.pk3, all levels are there (as far as I know, at least all the levels up until mine), but they seem to have stock Doom ][ music despite there being music lumps under pk3. Also, at least my map should use OSKY15 texture (I had the lump as RSKY1 in my wad), but instead there is the stock Doom ][ sky MAP06 would normally use.

Also the map names are those of normal Doom II maps, ie. The Crusher for me, Entryway for the first map etc.

This could have something to do with me, as I've never used .pk3 files, maybe some of my GZDoom settings are now wrong or something, but I wonder do the maps work for others if played thru the snapshot file?

Edited by RHhe82

Hey there !

Seeing that one map slot remains for Booked and that I have a bit of free time, is it possible to join in and participate in the whole project ?

Thank you in advance (if it's okay), @CBM 🙂