Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Do you ever listen to music while mapping?

Do you listen to music while mapping?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to music while mapping?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Damn straight I do \m/
Usually it's something disgustingly heavy. This album is my current squeeze (seriously can't get enough of it)

I need to have some noise while mapping, otherwise the constant mouse clicks drives me insane.

If it isn't music, it's netflix.

Yes, and actually, what I find particularly interesting is that "active-listening" i.e. new music I haven't heard before, and listening to something like an old favorites playlist yield very different results when it comes to focus and output. In other words, the kind of music I'm listening to is kinda important. Based on my own experience, I'd encourage folks looking to improve their mapping productivity to "tread old ground" when it comes to mapping music to see if it helps them. When you're active-listening to new music, it can be distracting. That's why I choose my "favorites" playlist. It helps me focus better.

I always listen to music whenever I map. Could be any genre as long as I like the songs, sometimes I listen to figure out the atmosphere or feel for the map I'm making so it also might affect how my map will turn out.

Maybe about 1/3rd of the time. I do much better listening to podcasts or even ASMR for another 1/3rd.. and then that final 1/3rd is mapping while I hear nothing but the hum of my computer fan, but I usually do have music playing in my head if I'm not listening to anything, so maybe that counts as well?

I often do... like AC/DC, Linkin Park, DAD, Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Nirvana and others

Yes, I have my ripped CD's and assorted MP3 grabs on shuffle using AIMP. I have 63 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes and 38 seconds of music, so I should be good to build a few megawads before it repeats. :D

ucEeepV.png

Edited by Doom_Dude

It depends.

Basically, yes, but it's not just limited to that : I also happen to listen to podcasts (like VGATWTOE), YT videos and whatnot. Sometimes, I do also listen to the WAD's soundtrack and/or MIDIs (which can then be adjusted depending on whether I like it or not). And sometimes, there's a gacha game running in parallel on my desk as I design a neat map.

Consistency is certainly not a word commonly met around my place :/

I definitely do! I like listening to my map's MIDI every now and then to get the creative works going, otherwise I put on some chill synthwave beats.

I sure do. Usually, I just open Windows Media Player, pick a song from my library and let whatever plays next play (shuffle is on by default). But on the rare occasion I feel like listening to something different, I'll either look up a mix on YouTube or put on a Daily Mix on Spotify.

I usually don't. The exception to that is if I happen to be mapping while watching a stream, and that streamer is listening to music (or has on some sort of music, even game music).

On 7/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Origamyde said:

It depends.

Basically, yes, but it's not just limited to that : I also happen to listen to podcasts (like VGATWTOE), YT videos and whatnot. Sometimes, I do also listen to the WAD's soundtrack and/or MIDIs (which can then be adjusted depending on whether I like it or not). And sometimes, there's a gacha game running in parallel on my desk as I design a neat map.

Consistency is certainly not a word commonly met around my place :/

Hmmm haven't thought about listening to a podcast while mapping before... might try that at some point; sounds fun and interesting!