Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoReason

Cosmogenesis (-cl9, slaughter)

Slaughterfest hollways nice technical level with good balance ammo and fear enemies.First part zombiemans stuck.Next fight imps demons revenants.Last zone cacodemons madness.                                                                                                                                                                                            

Good maps!

Here is a small mod that improves performance a little bit for gzdoom. The file is named zip because this site didnt allow uploading pk3. Just rename it to pk3 yourself.

Basically this mod deletes corpses 1 second after death so the more you kill the faster it becomes. Map05 ran 20-30 frames per sec for most of time. Towards end it allows like 40-50 fps. The reason behind is that corpses still consume CPU time.

And if that is not enough you can disable brightness calculations for monsters using give infrared console command. This way potato computers gzdoom can still somewhat smoothly run this map.

GarbageCollect.zip

Insane slaughter center.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

MAP05 breaks the shit out of the Holy Hell Revealed record of 41,000 monsters by over 33,000 more monsters, congratulations dude, you've broke a WR.

There are 73500 opponents on the field, but it is unplayable even without the brutal wad, can it be made so that it is playable?, field 6 has nothing.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:01 AM, Babos said:

There are 73500 opponents on the field, but it is unplayable even without the brutal wad, can it be made so that it is playable?, field 6 has nothing.

Try dsda source port, it runs quite comfortable even on my oldge calculator

Feel Holy Hell concept, but much more better! And monster count higher than 70 000 makes me smile. In fullscreen 1920x1080 I have smooth experience with my GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX1650 (4GB) and Intel Core i3 9100F (My FPS walking around +-1000-1500, that's great) but according to others' experience I waited for 1–5 FPS slideshow.

Color palette gives me Ancient Aliens flashback. But this one I can call as «Holy Hell fascinating colorful LSD trip in the depths of darkspace». I appreciate this work, great!

On 12/3/2022 at 9:01 PM, Babos said:

Absolutely playable without brutal doom or project brutality. Just need boom compatible source port and fast pc

I can't believe that an i7 6700 processor with 16 giga ram and a 2060 wouldn't be enough for it :D:D

Posted (edited)

16:9 widescreen status bar for cosmogenesis: (file removed, check the updated version in the next post)

I originally made this for me, but I thought I'd share this for anyone else who might want to use it. Just load it after cosmogenesis.wad

Edited by Coincident

Posted (edited)

After streaming this, some of my viewers noticed some minor problems with the status bar being misaligned in several locations.
I fixed those problems, together with the "T" and "L" letters in the total ammo area that had some wrong color pixels.
Fixed original status bar: cosmogenesis_centered_hud.zip
Fixed widescreen status bar: cosmogenesis_wide_v2.zip

A quick before / after preview:

before-after.png.4ff38aa3e8602b1d3d3f7ecffb972b6e.png