Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SynDoom

BTSX Arranged: What do you want to hear?

Recommended Posts

Now that BTSX Arranged is officially in the works, I thought it would be a good idea to come to the Doomworld community and see what you all would want out of this wonderful WAD's soundtrack.

 

So, what kinds of arrangements do you want to see? Alternative rock? Synthwave? EDM? Please, tell me what you want! I want the album to be as good as it can possibly be.

image0.png

Share this post


Link to post

A long supercalming version of the E1 hub map, for sure. Could put in actual train noises too.

Share this post


Link to post

Please no cheesy metal covers of 90's bands like Alice in Chains.

 

On a more serious note, less rock and metal, more ambient synthwave, EDM, ominous and beautiful, type music. Think Deus Ex Human Revolution meets Half Life.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I think variety is the key. Have some metal. Have some synthwave. Have some alt rock. Have some more passive mixes. Doom means a lot of different things to different people and I like it when people incorporate that into their recordings of Doom songs.

Share this post


Link to post

BtSX soundtrack reinterpreted in the style of Guided by Voices.

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting, looking forward to hearing what you do.

 

"BTSX Arrange" is what I've been calling my own project to do new arrangements of some BTSX tracks: 

 

Share this post


Link to post

There's 'The Gentle Storm': a metal project by Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon) that has a double CD album. One CD with metal renditions of the tracks and the other more acoustic, folky. It might be nice to have different versions of some of the tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post

Metal music all the way lol im joking.

 

Honestly i say more like snythwave/new school retro style of music or remixes of fan favorites. I would live to hear a badass remix of E2M8 from doom 1, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I don't want to start any shit but I find the morality of charging for music written by somebody else without coming to an agreement with the writers beforehand a bit questionable. I get that properly arranging MIDIs is a lot of work in itself, and I don't doubt that this comes from a place of love for the source music, but I feel the point stands. https://synoxsis.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-saturn-x-arranged-preview-selection

Edited by Altazimuth

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SynDoom said:

So, what kinds of arrangements do you want to see? Alternative rock? Synthwave? EDM? Please, tell me what you want! I want the album to be as good as it can possibly be.

you know, I'm a sucker for things like drum and bass and such... and even though this won't register as drum and bass for some people, if you could take any one of the BTSX tracks you think would work for this purpose, and turn it into something similar to the following, then I will love you long time...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Altazimuth said:

I don't want to start any shit but I find the morality of charging for music written by somebody else without coming to an agreement with the writers beforehand a bit questionable. I get that properly arranging MIDIs is a lot of work in itself, and I don't doubt that this comes from a place of love for the source music, but I feel the point stands. https://synoxsis.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-saturn-x-arranged-preview-selection

 

This is definitely a little questionable, yeah. Bandcamp's "name your price" setting is probably what should be used for something like this, doubly so seeing how essel's BTSX music is already listed as such :P

Share this post


Link to post

I'll change that right now. Looking back on it yes, probably not the best idea.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Altazimuth said:

I don't want to start any shit but I find the morality of charging for music written by somebody else without coming to an agreement with the writers beforehand a bit questionable. I get that properly arranging MIDIs is a lot of work in itself, and I don't doubt that this comes from a place of love for the source music, but I feel the point stands. https://synoxsis.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-saturn-x-arranged-preview-selection

Thank you for calling that out, I definitely should have thought about it a bit harder.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, esselfortium said:

Interesting, looking forward to hearing what you do.

 

"BTSX Arrange" is what I've been calling my own project to do new arrangements of some BTSX tracks: 

 

A late response here, but there is a small preview of what I've made so far on my Bandcamp page (which I made just for this so I didn't have to make videos for every one).

 

https://synoxsis.bandcamp.com/releases

 

Just in case you want to give some critiques now!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Variety! Alternative rock or Synthwave are definitely good for it
For Instance I like this cover, its a guitar one, but I like it lot.
IMO this is one of the few instances where guitar works, since other tracks are quite different in the Instruments they use.


 

Share this post


Link to post

Want a club-oriented drum&bass version of "Womp"! Always thought that this track with some sub-bass sounds and better drums could be a real club banger for +6am :-)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, erzboesewicht said:

Want a club-oriented drum&bass version of "Womp"! Always thought that this track with some sub-bass sounds and better drums could be a real club banger for +6am :-)

You can bet your ass I had that one planned from the start! Womp is one of my favorites too.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×