Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xulgonoth

[CP] Eternal MIDI Pack - A community MIDI replacement for Eternal Doom III

I guess the midis looped so well I never gave it much thought or concern when I played but maybe nowadays I would lol, I'm not opposed to this project's concept and maybe when I go back to Eternal Doom I'll play it with this pack! I technically beat 95% of it without cheating but I lost my nerve on a puzzle in MAP27 and MAP30 as a whole really.

E: Now I think of it, MAP31 was very, very long and the music got very annoying very quickly in that one haha.

56 minutes ago, RogueAkai said:

Yo! Any possibility I could nab Map 18 (Stands)?

Of course! It's yours :)

Spoiler

And say hello to Sumo :)

10 hours ago, Xulgonoth said:

I've just added @northivanastan's submission for CyberSweeper. I really should have excluded it from the 4 minute rule, but Ivan managed to fight my error incredibly well and made an absolute banger :D

Was a bit of a speedMIDI - but I am very glad you liked it as much as you did!

Just getting back into MIDI creation, and I'd like to try my hand at MAP15's midi "Deth Bells", please.

I may not be able to do much on it until the week after next, but I have an idea for some Message of the Archvile-influenced elements, and of course the title "Vile Bells". 

Edited by NiGHTMARE

I've completed my MIDI for MAP05 😀.

The title is 'MegaSphere - I Hope You Brought an Extra Pair of Eyes' considering the headache inducing flickering lights in one of the main sections of the level.

I aimed for something quite light and mellow but also pretty dark and foreboding.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I've completed my MIDI for MAP05 😀.

The title is 'MegaSphere - I Hope You Brought an Extra Pair of Eyes' considering the headache inducing flickering lights in one of the main sections of the level.

I aimed for something quite light and mellow but also pretty dark and foreboding.

It's been added to the download.
It's very different from what I would have in mind for the map, but it's a great and fitting addition nonetheless :D

Did something for MAP24. I tried sticking to the original theme of the song this is replacing, but have a little bit more variety (but not too much so that the MIDI doesn't get annoying with repeats).

Check attachment for the MIDI file, below is how it sounded like when I composed it on my Integra-7.

distortedbeauty.rar

Great project! I'm interested in MAP31. Would however take me some time (several weeks to months), so only if this is ok ...

This would be my first published doom midi but I did sequencing/composing music since I was a kid, so the main challenge would be to use the GM instruments well :)

7 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

Did something for MAP24. I tried sticking to the original theme of the song this is replacing, but have a little bit more variety (but not too much so that the MIDI doesn't get annoying with repeats).

Check attachment for the MIDI file, below is how it sounded like when I composed it on my Integra-7.

Sounds incredible! It's been added to the download in OP :)

4 hours ago, erzboesewicht said:

Great project! I'm interested in MAP31. Would however take me some time (several weeks to months), so only if this is ok ...

This would be my first published doom midi but I did sequencing/composing music since I was a kid, so the main challenge would be to use the GM instruments well :)

It's quite alright, there are no strict deadlines :)
Though I was hoping to have it finished before the last quarter of this year for... complicated reasons.

1 hour ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Hey there! I would like to have a go at the Title theme, and the first Intermission theme. Would that be possible?

Of course! They're yours :)
I'm glad someone's interested in the non-map slots, because I personally have absolutely no good ideas for them :D

Bloo's new MIDI for the text screens has been added. It started out as something for MAP25, but we've decided it didn't really fit that map, so it got modified a bit and has become a text screen theme instead.
Also Peccatum Mihzamiz had to unfortunately drop out, that's why his slots are vacant again.

Edit (08-08):
JD Herrera's MIDI for MAP08 has been added. Go give it a listen, it seeps atmosphere!

Edited by Xulgonoth

2 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

finished my map09 and map19 slots. top one is for map09, bottom one for map19.

In Her Cold Dead Embrace (05:33)

Warriors From Another Past (5:51)

Absolutely outstanding work! I had to look at the MAP09 MIDI in a sequencer to see if the original motif is really there, and while that might just be my terrible (un)selective hearing at play, because once I found it there I could finally spot it even when just listening, I still think that's a sign of a damn good usage of the motif :D
Also I feel like I'll have to use that MAP19 MIDI in a Heretic map someday :D

the Heretic influence is very much intentional! i always felt that Schilder's style of composition for Heretic and Hexen fit very well with the medieval castle theming that most of Eternal Doom has, so i wanted to bring a little bit of that flavor over.

if i may, i would like to claim map29 as well. i got an idea in mind for that slot that i think would work very well.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to need it, but could I pre-emptively apply for an exemption to the 4-minute-length rule for MAP04? According to the description of the original work, "The original MIDI unfortunately doesn't leave much to work with...," so I'm really stretching this one to the max as is. I'm pretty sure I can hit somewhere between 3-and-3-1/2-minutes, but I don't know if I can hit 4 minutes. Will this be a dealkiller?

On 8/20/2021 at 9:38 PM, leejacksonaudio said:

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to need it, but could I pre-emptively apply for an exemption to the 4-minute-length rule for MAP04? According to the description of the original work, "The original MIDI unfortunately doesn't leave much to work with...," so I'm really stretching this one to the max as is. I'm pretty sure I can hit somewhere between 3-and-3-1/2-minutes, but I don't know if I can hit 4 minutes. Will this be a dealkiller?

Sorry about the delay. I would prefer if it did hit the 4 minute mark just so I wouldn't have to make an exception to the rules.
I set that rule mainly because the length of the maps. But it's true that a 3-minute MIDI can still have more actual content than an 8-minute one if the latter has a lot of repetition. So I'm willing to be lenient on this rule, but it's something that needs to be judged on a case to case basis.

21 minutes ago, Xulgonoth said:

Sorry about the delay. I would prefer if it did hit the 4 minute mark just so I wouldn't have to make an exception to the rules.
I set that rule mainly because the length of the maps. But it's true that a 3-minute MIDI can still have more actual content than an 8-minute one if the latter has a lot of repetition. So I'm willing to be lenient on this rule, but it's something that needs to be judged on a case to case basis.

I'll do what I can.

heya, it's Viscra here. i just decided it was time to change my username on here, as i've been slowly doing so elsewhere this year. if it's not too much trouble, i'd like my credits for this project to be attributed to my new username.

now for the news. i have finished my map29 submission. i'm really happy with how it turned out, so i hope it'll fit the slot well.

Journey's End (8:55)

i've also made some updates to my previous submissions. nothing major, just a few tweaks here and there. track length is the same as before for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umei92ebisyqd55/In Her Cold Dead Embrace.mid?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/intbnl2dt6toyqr/Warriors From Another Past.mid?dl=1

54 minutes ago, Varis Alpha said:

heya, it's Viscra here. i just decided it was time to change my username on here, as i've been slowly doing so elsewhere this year. if it's not too much trouble, i'd like my credits for this project to be attributed to my new username.

now for the news. i have finished my map29 submission. i'm really happy with how it turned out, so i hope it'll fit the slot well.

Journey's End (8:55)

i've also made some updates to my previous submissions. nothing major, just a few tweaks here and there. track length is the same as before for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umei92ebisyqd55/In Her Cold Dead Embrace.mid?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/intbnl2dt6toyqr/Warriors From Another Past.mid?dl=1

I don't always like using this word unironically, but this MIDI is truly epic. It's excellent!
Of course I'll credit you under the new username. I'll edit the OP in a couple hours.

Awesome work guys! I'm playing through Eternal Doom right now, so this totally works. Heck, I could even replay Map 09 so I could hear Viscra Maelstrom's wonderful work again. The full release may not be out for sometime, but it's good to see what y'all got.