Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xulgonoth

[CP] Eternal MIDI Pack - A community MIDI replacement for Eternal Doom III

hey woops, my map22 slot took a bit longer than i had anticipated. got busy with other things last week, and the scope of this track grew larger and larger as i worked on it, making it take longer than usual to finish. but as a result, i think this one turned out really well.

Crowned by the Sword (8:07)

i also decided to update my previous entry a bit, Warriors From Another Past for map19. i mainly made the percussion at the beginning and the end a little lighter, so it isn't too powerful, otherwise it's generally the same as before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/intbnl2dt6toyqr/Warriors From Another Past.mid?dl=0

On 9/23/2021 at 7:54 PM, Varis Alpha said:

hey woops, my map22 slot took a bit longer than i had anticipated. got busy with other things last week, and the scope of this track grew larger and larger as i worked on it, making it take longer than usual to finish. but as a result, i think this one turned out really well.

Crowned by the Sword (8:07)

i also decided to update my previous entry a bit, Warriors From Another Past for map19. i mainly made the percussion at the beginning and the end a little lighter, so it isn't too powerful, otherwise it's generally the same as before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/intbnl2dt6toyqr/Warriors From Another Past.mid?dl=0

What can I even say. It's an outstanding piece as usual!
I don't want to get all weird, but I do want to let you know that I am incredibly thankful that you not only joined this project, but went above and beyond for it, dishing out a masterpiece after a masterpiece in record time.

By the way, I've decided that the best way to organise the Excalibur MIDI would be on Discord, so I should have something set up soon and will be posting an invite link.

EDIT: Discord is up: https://discord.gg/Ns3QQNMkS6

Edited by Xulgonoth

6 hours ago, Peter said:

I've posted my track for MAP05 onto YouTube:

Fantastic work! Love the visuals too ;)

Finally, here is my submission. I took parts of the original composition and mixed them with a lot of sad dark/progressions, compared to the original i say its a more dramatic/orchestral approach.

Condemned Souls (06:09)

I hope you enjoy it.

Pd: i recommend listening particularly to the bridge section (03:47)

17 hours ago, Sego said:

Finally, here is my submission. I took parts of the original composition and mixed them with a lot of sad dark/progressions, compared to the original i say its a more dramatic/orchestral approach.

Condemned Souls (06:09)

I hope you enjoy it.

Pd: i recommend listening particularly to the bridge section (03:47)

Awesome work, loving the atmosphere! I think it both fits the map perfectly and pays good respect to the original, which according to A.H. Sankhatayan's thread has quite the interesting backstory behind it.

I've added it to the download and I've also finally made a wad that can be loaded up alongside the map pack so that anyone can try the maps out with the new music as the MIDI pack is being made. Why didn't I do that sooner? I have no idea...

I think I've listened to all of the submissions so far and it sounds pretty badass. I'm looking forward to this.

Eternal Doom as a mapset does not particularly appeal to me, but having tried playing Doom II with its soundtrack, I must say it fits surprisingly well - well, with minus one exception (D_MESSAG), which I have replaced with "Eternal Medley" from CREDITS.wad.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I am looking forward to the completion of this sure-to-be-excellent soundtrack! :D

I've decided to claim slot 16, as it seems to be still free. I have also an idea for slot 32, but it maybe would be better if both secret maps would be made by different composers and I've already made MAP31. (However, my map32 idea is very different from Monster Pool Party.)

The music I've in mind for MAP16 would be powerful and fast but also a bit weird-avantgardistic, as MAP16 is one of the shorter and punchier maps of Eternal Doom.

ETA ... maybe mid to late January, if this is ok, I'll take it.

39 minutes ago, erzboesewicht said:

I've decided to claim slot 16, as it seems to be still free. I have also an idea for slot 32, but it maybe would be better if both secret maps would be made by different composers and I've already made MAP31. (However, my map32 idea is very different from Monster Pool Party.)

The music I've in mind for MAP16 would be powerful and fast but also a bit weird-avantgardistic, as MAP16 is one of the shorter and punchier maps of Eternal Doom.

ETA ... maybe mid to late January, if this is ok, I'll take it.

I'd definitely allow one composer to do two maps in a row, but I'm looking forward to hear your idea for MAP16 :)
And yeah, the ETA is very much okay. I've been kinda sleeping on this project because of too much IRL stuff happening and I'm yet to even finish one of my claims, but I think I'll start setting actual deadlines sometime in early 2022, both for pushing myself and everyone else.

I'm gonna withdraw from map28. Sorry guys, alot of stuff has happened recently and I can't get myself to compose anything right now.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:37 AM, Bloo said:

I'm gonna withdraw from map28. Sorry guys, alot of stuff has happened recently and I can't get myself to compose anything right now.

:(

Whatever's best for you Bloo.

Been busy and have lacked some creativity but have a little free time. I'm going to aim to compose my song for MAP28 before the end of the year.

Edit: I have started working on the MIDI.

Edited by pcorf

Is this still going on? Seems some slots are still open so if I can take one up, I will! Likely MAP21, but any of them are fine by me.

Edited by SynDoom

hey, it's been a while. i feel like i need to get myself into creating some more over here, so i'd like to claim the title screen and intermission slots.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:37 AM, Bloo said:

It's alright, I know you're going through a rough time and you've already done a lot for this project. Of course you'll always be welcome back if your situation improves :)

On 12/19/2021 at 4:57 AM, pcorf said:

My MAP28 song "War Crime" is complete. A more industrial electro rock orchestral version of the original MAP28 song.

Get it here: https://www.paulcorfiatis.com/eterpc28.mid

Sounds great! It's definitely a good fit for Timeslip, and while it technically doesn't abide by the 3rd guideline, it's very close to it I'm very much willing to be lenient with it just like with MAP04, as that rule has always existed more or less to encourage enough content in each MIDI, which this one definitely has.

18 hours ago, SynDoom said:

Is this still going on? Seems some slots are still open so if I can take one up, I will! Likely MAP21, but any of them are fine by me.

Yes, very much still going on! I'll mark you at the MAP21 slot then :)

16 hours ago, Varis Alpha said:

hey, it's been a while. i feel like i need to get myself into creating some more over here, so i'd like to claim the title screen and intermission slots.

Well, why not, your style is definitely the most prominent here already, so I'd be very happy with you creating the two remaining non-map MIDIs :D
By the way, since you seemed interested in contributing to MAP30, it's being organised over Discord, the link is in the OP :)
Though "being organised" may not be the most accurate phrase at the moment, as of now there isn't really anything actually done yet.

37 minutes ago, Xulgonoth said:

Sounds great! It's definitely a good fit for Timeslip, and while it technically doesn't abide by the 3rd guideline, it's very close to it I'm very much willing to be lenient with it just like with MAP04, as that rule has always existed more or less to encourage enough content in each MIDI, which this one definitely has.

Ahh I did not realize it needed to be 4 minutes, was not taking notice of the guidelines. I actually intended to make it a bit longer but thought things would just get a bit too crazy and repetitive if I added 16 more bars so I looped it back to the start. If I was to compose another song it will be 4 minutes.

3 hours ago, Xulgonoth said:

Yes, very much still going on! I'll mark you at the MAP21 slot then :)

Alright, that's wonderful! I'll do some studying on the MIDI and get to work.

3 hours ago, Xulgonoth said:

It's alright, I know you're going through a rough time and you've already done a lot for this project. Of course you'll always be welcome back if your situation improves :)

Though "being organised" may not be the most accurate phrase at the moment, as of now there isn't really anything actually done yet.

Thank you dude. I think I want to start helping with map30 if I'm able to

heya. i've come down with an illness over here (which happened during Christmas time no less!), so i was physically unable to post the tracks that i had finished a little before i caught sick until just now.

(for the intro) Eternal Struggle (2:21)

(for intermission) Waiting For Something To Happen (1:04)

i also made a short version of the intro theme, to more closely match the original track's length, and have it so that it can finish playing back before the demo starts up. you can choose to use either version for the pack, and have the other version be added as a bonus.

15 hours ago, Varis Alpha said:

heya. i've come down with an illness over here (which happened during Christmas time no less!), so i was physically unable to post the tracks that i had finished a little before i caught sick until just now.

(for the intro) Eternal Struggle (2:21)

(for intermission) Waiting For Something To Happen (1:04)

i also made a short version of the intro theme, to more closely match the original track's length, and have it so that it can finish playing back before the demo starts up. you can choose to use either version for the pack, and have the other version be added as a bonus.

Awesome! I think most people don't spend more than a couple seconds in the main menu, so the intro needs to hit right from the beginning, so I'll use the short version, that one's great for that. Though I'll gladly include the extended one as a bonus track. I'm getting a Warcraft 2 vibe from it, which just so happens to be one of my all time favourite soundtracks, so I really like this one :D

The intermission sounds great, but it's very... different from what I would have imagined. I guess that's really my fault for not writing any guidelines for it, so I'm sorry about that, but the feel I'm getting from this is "stay pumped for the action and get right back into it", which I'm not sure is a good fit for Eternal Doom. I know the original intermission is similar in that way, it's very marchy, but I think this one goes a bit too far in the upbeat direction. What I think would fit this wad a lot better would be either a celebratory jingle like what Hell Revealed has with Victory from RotT, or something calm to give off the vibe of a sort of a break.
I'll still include it, but would you be okay with me either heavily modifying it or replacing it down the line?

@Xulgonoth i could slow down the tempo a bit of the intermission track, then remove or alter the drums to make it more ambient and mysterious sounding. would that make it work better? 

14 hours ago, Varis Alpha said:

@Xulgonoth i could slow down the tempo a bit of the intermission track, then remove or alter the drums to make it more ambient and mysterious sounding. would that make it work better? 

Definitely, though I just tried listening to it without the drums at various slower tempos and I think it might need further adjustments. Right now I'm thinking the intermission could benefit from something in major scale, but I might have to try playing with it to figure out if that's really a good idea or not.

Finally, i uploaded my track to Youtube, hope you enjoy it!

On 2/26/2022 at 6:23 PM, LPad said:

Just hopping in with Map 27's theme. A 7 minutes long half martial orchestral thingie. I hope it's good for the project :)

Barabbas Reprise.rar

Really good one! Love the arrangement of the themes, which were masterfully varied without changing the mood too much. I think it also fits very well with MAP27 which is more combat-centered than most other maps.

My MAP16 contribution (which is less weird than I initially planned, and got a lot of marimba :) ) is about 80-90% complete, so in early March I'll at least publish a release candidate. I have to polish it a bit still for the Windows GM synth, which sounds so different (and much worse, imo) than the GM sets coming normally with Linux distributions and/or the Doom ports. Already had to sacrifice a contrabass because it sounds _really_ bad there ...

AFAIK then only MAP32 (and obviously MAP30) has still not been claimed?