Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xulgonoth

[CP] Eternal MIDI Pack - A community MIDI replacement for Eternal Doom III

Any news about this project? Is there another thread anywhere due to the change in leadership? (I just searched in @Cammy's contributions but didn't find anything ..)

I made something for MAP14, needs a little polishing but could finish it in ... a few days. :)

5 hours ago, erzboesewicht said:

Any news about this project? Is there another thread anywhere due to the change in leadership? (I just searched in @Cammy's contributions but didn't find anything ..)

I made something for MAP14, needs a little polishing but could finish it in ... a few days. :)

I asked him about a month ago, and he said he's been busy but should be able to get to work again by June. Not entirely sure how it's going to be managed going forward...

Thanks! At least it's in the correct subforum now.

I renew my offer to help with the project, if there's any help needed.

As of now there seems to be only one completely unclaimed slot left, MAP06 (I had claimed MAP14 but Xulgonoth didn't refresh the start page). I don't know if something for MAP30 was started (I haven't entered the Discord, I hate Discord with passion ...)

Those slots claimed but still (according to the start page) not finished are:

Maybe it would be cool to hear from them if they're still working on these midis (some claimed them as early as 2021, SynDoom doesn't even appear as an username ...) , and if someone has communicated privately with the original or the current project leadership. :)

3 hours ago, erzboesewicht said:

As of now there seems to be only one completely unclaimed slot left, MAP06 (I had claimed MAP14 but Xulgonoth didn't refresh the start page). I don't know if something for MAP30 was started (I haven't entered the Discord, I hate Discord with passion ...)

Maybe it would be cool to hear from them if they're still working on these midis (some claimed them as early as 2021, SynDoom doesn't even appear as an username ...) , and if someone has communicated privately with the original or the current project leadership. :)

Syn changed his name to Greenjay, but he's still very much around/

Hey! It's great to see some renewed sparks of interest for the project - don't worry, I have not forgotten about it. I'm just taking my content pipeline one thing at a time, and I'm working on wrapping up RoC25 and its music right now. I'm aiming to have that one done in June, hence my hope to get back to this project in the same month.

Some of those remaining music slots have gotten shifted around since I took the reins of the project; as is my typical style, development since then has been done in private. I haven't been able to edit this thread to reflect that, though, since of course it's Xulgonoth's posts and not mine - when it's done, I'm going to make a new release thread for it.

Thanks for showing the interest, @erzboesewicht. I'll definitely be chatting with you in the future, your music is awesome. :)

On 5/20/2023 at 6:27 PM, erzboesewicht said:

I submitted what I considered a finished midi quite early on. If I remember rightly Xulgonoth was going to get someone else to have a go with the midi hence why it wasn't counted as finished however I don't know what's happening with it anymore.

Thanks @Cammy for the update! Looking forward for news in June and the new project thread thus ...

What would be interesting though: was the MAP14 slot finally registered for me or did somebody take it? Just to know if I'd finish that track or not ...

Edited by erzboesewicht

i've actually finished my map 15 submission since some time now. i haven't made it public since there were some issues with it that i asked Cammy for help to try and fix.

It's been nearly a year and still no one has claimed the Map06 slot. It almost feels like it's calling to me. I've never actually tried to compose a song myself, but I've always had in interest in possibly giving it a shot. I should just go through with it, the universe is giving me this opportunity and by god I'm gonna take it. So count me in, if anyone has any tips for me as to where to begin, I'm all ears!

I was workin g on a track, shared it with Cammy on a whim, and was asked to complete it for the MAP06 slot for the project. The track is getting there but there are still some things that need to be done. I am very much open to suggestions small and big.

-I need to find a nice transition at the ending back to the beginning. I tried some stuff but none of it is fitting.

-I have some issues with polyphony cutting out stuff, especially the brass chords and the ocarina melody. Fiddling with those some more.

Please give me some feedback if possible.

PeccatumM_Eternalsketch.zip

I hope it's not too late but I have finally made a RC for my map14 MIDI. :) Working title is "Daemonz in da House" because it's a bit house-y (also to match the dance-house sound of MAP13). Have also sent it to @Cammy.

I'm not sure about the start, there seem to be a problem with the instruments (the correct instruments seem to be loaded after the first note only). Somebody knows a fix for that, or is this my MIDI editor (it's Muse 4 on Linux) and I should edit it with another editor? I have already moved the first notes 2 ticks, but this seemed not to help.

I think also the volume is a little bit lower than MAP13's, which is not ideal. I can try to make some parts a little bit louder still.

map14.zip