Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaargod

Realm667

1 minute ago, VisionThing said:

Has anybody archived the repository? Lots of very useful stuff in there.

I hope so, i'm making a megawad and i was just going to download some monsters but couldn't enter the site

25 minutes ago, Gaargod said:

Is Realm667 down again? or is it just my connection?

the site is probaly having some problems with hosting dont worry too much about it if you are looking for something there are archives out there

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

the site is probaly having some problems with hosting dont worry too much about it if you are looking for something there are archives out there

where can i find those archives ?

This is... The second time I've seen a thread like this on Doomworld.

Someone needs to start archiving the stuff on there before this happens again and it's done fully.

It has been down before. Likely will be back. Plenty of people archived things last time around. Searching the forum should help you find them.

31 minutes ago, The_Trve_Raith said:

This is... The second time I've seen a thread like this on Doomworld.

Someone needs to start archiving the stuff on there before this happens again and it's done fully.

one of my fears is that one day something happens and we lose idgames archive with all the wads that are in there

i studied history for a while and one thing i saw way too much is media being lost to time be it by the nazis burning books, people forgetting to archive something (or not caring in the case of online only games for example) or simply the thing getting so old that no one is able to acces it anymore without destroying it in the process

even though these are just doom mods and sprites seeing how many people used it for their projects only to later become game developers themselves i really dont want to see anything getting lost

really? realm667 repository its down again?? XD

the smeghammer repository has all the downloadable files from r667 repo or has some missing?

3 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

one of my fears is that one day something happens and we lose idgames archive with all the wads that are in there

i studied history for a while and one thing i saw way too much is media being lost to time be it by the nazis burning books, people forgetting to archive something (or not caring in the case of online only games for example) or simply the thing getting so old that no one is able to acces it anymore without destroying it in the process

even though these are just doom mods and sprites seeing how many people used it for their projects only to later become game developers themselves i really dont want to see anything getting lost

This won't happen. Not all of idgames, but most important stuff (popular megawads and map packs) are all archived in several other places. such as Moddb and Allfearthesentinel.net 

Just now, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

This won't happen. Not all of idgames, but most important stuff (popular megawads and map packs) are all archived in several other places. such as Moddb and Allfearthesentinel.net 

yea i know but the more obscure stuff will get lost with is what im worried mostly

sure stuff like eviternity is never going away but im not really worried about them

1 hour ago, omalefico32x said:

yeah, i've worried about similar things, but the thing about the idgames archives is that it has multiple backups all around the world; if one goes down, there's still multiple other servers we can use. and if some weird, freak accident occurs where every backup goes down, there's still wad-archive

tenor.gif?itemid=13933485

At this point I wonder if Realm667 will even be around by the time I can stop having to use this god forsaken machine, and be able to actually work on custom actors and submissions for the repository again, or if I'll finally pull my marine NPC out of development hell and finish it, only to find out that Daniel shut down the site for good when I go to the forum to make the submission thread for the NPC. It also doesn't help that the repository Arlene and others were working on after Daniel shut down the site the first time, has had no updates since then. I asked Arlene about what the progress on it is yesterday and have gotten no answer, even though she has been online since and must've seen my message by now.

still WIP, apologies for not responding sooner.

there are still repositories floating around, smeghammer's namely, so unfortunately until we all get a chance to breathe and work on a more robust solution, that's all that we'll have.